What's new

Ex dive kick super advantage

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
I noticed that if spaced correctly ex dive kick can leave you at a lot of advantage. I'm not sure how much but enough to start pressure. I can make a video if needed.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I noticed that if spaced correctly ex dive kick can leave you at a lot of advantage. I'm not sure how much but enough to start pressure. I can make a video if needed.
...... I am pretty sure this is known buddy. Just curious though, how strict is it? I mean these kinds of things are usually a bitch to get versus an opponent who is playing solid footsies.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Lol didn't know couldn't find it, never seen it done. It's not really strict at all i was doing it consistently on online and it was working well

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Flagg

Noob
A jip cancelled into a short dive kick (so you land in front of your opponent) leaves you at around +6 advantage. I'm not sure if the EX is higher but, +6 is a pretty big deal on it's own..

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
A jip cancelled into a short dive kick (so you land in front of your opponent) leaves you at around +6 advantage. I'm not sure if the EX is higher but, +6 is a pretty big deal on it's own..
yeah, great idea, waste a +18 for +6

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think.he is referring to the fact that you were being sarcastic, instead of informative to make him look dumb.

#IamMuffinMuggers
what is muffin muggers doing in a thread regarding frame data

sacrificing 12 adv points makes absolutely no sense, its fairly obvious, you can be armoured or xrayed through, have everything but 1 interrupted, etc, the only reason this would ever even be considered "good' is when you dont know frame data

what is muffin muggers doing in a thread regarding frame data

sacrificing 12 adv points makes absolutely no sense, its fairly obvious, you can be armoured or xrayed through, have everything but 1 interrupted, etc, the only reason this would ever even be considered "good' is when you dont know frame data
Nobody is arguing your point bro, just pointing out you made in a very condescending way.

#IamMuffinMuggers

Flagg

Noob
I cant be arsed, since Quark levelled up, and fair play to him, he's turning into a ego know it all.

Go and waste a meter on as much extra frame advantage as you want. I'll save my meter for breakers and when i know i'll hit a ex dive kick, which does 18% guaranteed damage.

EDIT: Yeah, I guess whiffing a regular dive kick at +6 is a fucking dumbass thing to do in this game.

This community..

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I cant be arsed, since Quark levelled up, and fair play to him, he's turning into a ego know it all.

Go and waste a meter on as much extra frame advantage as you want. I'll save my meter for breakers and when i know i'll hit a ex dive kick, which does 18% guaranteed damage.

EDIT: Yeah, I guess whiffing a regular dive kick at +6 is a fucking dumbass thing to do in this game.

This community..
never said im a know it all, i just make sure to know plenty about chars i wanna play well

there is no reason to ever whiff a regular divekick off of a JIP, all im saying, any other whiffs are caused by an ex divekick which is very + but a non ex divekick of that nature is simply an instant since its the same timing for both the whiff and the instant dk

the +6 of the divekick i believe was because you hit a jip, you recover faster after you cancel the jip to short divekick therefore you're still at adv after you land, pretty sure thats it.

and i do apologise if i offended you

Flagg

Noob
never said im a know it all, i just make sure to know plenty about chars i wanna play well

there is no reason to ever whiff a regular divekick off of a JIP, all im saying, any other whiffs are caused by an ex divekick which is very + but a non ex divekick of that nature is simply an instant since its the same timing for both the whiff and the instant dk

the +6 of the divekick i believe was because you hit a jip, you recover faster after you cancel the jip to short divekick therefore you're still at adv after you land, pretty sure thats it.

and i do apologise if i offended you
That's all you had to say in the first place.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wait how does doing a JIP divekick make the DK wiff? and if ur talking about the Ex Divekick, i believe u have to do it pointblank, it has to be the short divekick, and its probably a justframe.

Flagg

Noob
wait how does doing a JIP divekick make the DK wiff? and if ur talking about the Ex Divekick, i believe u have to do it pointblank, it has to be the short divekick, and its probably a justframe.
He has two different dive kicks, a short one and a long one. Basically, its like he has Sonya and Kung Lao's. You have to hit the jip fairly late and deep, cancel into the short divekick and it leaves him at +6.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If you are player 1, you can execute a 5 frame instant :ex dive kick before the opponent can do anything except armour, but you need to just frame it, its his best tech. If you are a frame late opponents will get a poke or standing normal out.

Its safe on block, 18% on hit, and +10 on wiff. I use it all time, without it I wouldn't use him.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you are player 1, you can execute a 5 frame instant :ex dive kick before the opponent can do anything except armour, but you need to just frame it, its his best tech. If you are a frame late opponents will get a poke or standing normal out.

Its safe on block, 18% on hit, and +10 on wiff. I use it all time, without it I wouldn't use him.
almost as if 21 1+2 block advantage was designed specifically for P1 advantage

UsedForGlue

what if ur player 2 and have CSZ?
Then you can't guarantee that you will win the dive kick even if executed to the frame as this stupid fucking game doesn't have trades with two moves hitting at the same time.

Even worse, your :ex dive kick might not come out, but you will still lose the bar of meter by being hit during its start up frames.

Again, this game doesn't even follow its own rules...special beats normal, armour beats special, x ray disables armour, nope, infact in this game, you can poke or jab CSZ out of his special dive kick, so not only can you block it and punish, you can mash jabs and hit him out of one, and its only 7% on hit with no major advantage of any kind. "Price of dive kicks". Lets see if NRS hold on to that saying for injustice.

It's a P1 advantage thing, or p2 against characters with 7 frame d1's or worse.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Then you can't guarantee that you will win the dive kick even if executed to the frame as this stupid fucking game doesn't have trades with two moves hitting at the same time.

Even worse, your :ex dive kick might not come out, but you will still live the meter by being hit during its start up.

It's a P1 advantage thing, or p2 against characters with 7 frame d1's or worse.
so only play CSZ if ur p1 then o3o? lol

UsedForGlue

Hip. Her dive kick is even more annoying on p1.

Kung lao teleport late 3's have a better chance of landing on p1.