What's new

Ex Acid Hand Theory

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Okay people this is a theory post because I haven't been able to fully test this out on what I want to test out but heres food for thought.

This is the ONLY move in the game that has invincible PROJECTILE Armor and is pretty much considered a "useless" move. It was also known to be hard to combo off of because depending on where your opponent is when it hits, dashing in 32 will whiff and you just spent meter for9%......But then it occurred to me and this could be well known and I'm drunk showing up late to the party but when ex acid hand connects it has zero recovery so you can practically buffer elbow dash NJP combo this regardless of where it hits.

Another odd property to this enhanced move is it scales better in the air than on the ground. So a grounded ex acid hand-dash-NJP-32fast-slow-321 slide is 31% but if this connects in the air its 38%! With 20frames of invincibility being discovered on wake up attacks, people can't try to cross you up in the corner anymore, if you reverse input this its going to be 45% with ex hand-NJP-4fast-321slow-321slide, thats bad ass!

But where I'm thinking this might be game changing is vs characters where dash blocking inbetween projectiles is impossible like Sonya, Jax, Freddy, Sekor, etc. So you're a 3/4 of the screen away and Sonya is going all onion crazy on you and you're tired of taking damage to counter zone. So block or duck pojectile-elbow dash into ex acid hand. You'll take NO damage and she'll eat 31% or your favorite combo ender. NOW REMEMBER, this is a theory, you might just get a meter drain so it still might not apply to these matchups. THTB is it possible you could test? I'm at work :(

Now lets take the characters where you can dash block in between like the cyrax matchup for instance. EX hand on wakeup pretty much eliminates all of his bomb set ups where hes baiting you to elbow dash or jump out. And it also pretty much eliminates a bomb into net zoning. We all know we've come so close to elbow dashing and jumping over it but it touched our toe so we eat 80%. Well this is a safe option that can lead to damage.

Hope I'm right.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I can't test this myself, as my Xbox is over my friend's house.

I didn't realize you meant doing the EX acid hand after duckdashing in. That would certainly be huge.

I think the anti cross up in corner concept is huge. As well as the cyrax match up.

There may be more applications with this in the kabal match as well.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I cant test it but i dont think the dashing, ex ah would work because your opponent has to really commit to the projectile. If Im a sonya player, I think my reaction time would be fast enough to block after the ring and not commit to throw out another one while reptile is in front of my face. The moves are 32 frames together.

RapZiLLa54

I cant test it but i dont think the dashing, ex ah would work because your opponent has to really commit to the projectile. If Im a sonya player, I think my reaction time would be fast enough to block after the ring and not commit to throw out another one while reptile is in front of my face. The moves are 32 frames together.
Elbow Dash into ex hand hits from a step or 2 away from fullscreen. Typically once any of these shotgun projectile characters get you in that range they unleash on you because they know reptile CAN'T command dash block in between them and his dash blocking is awful and slide won't reach. So to say any of these characters are going to allow you to get a forceball on screen without taking damage is crazy. So I'd be 100% confident that if one projectile came out, theres definitely going to be a 2nd especially since no one knows this setup exists.

Crathen

Death is my business
Just tested this vs Sonyas onion rings , it works if she commits to a 2nd onion ring , reptile has to duck the projectile and buffer his elbow dash in crouching as soon it goes over his head and commit to the ex acid hand , if she shoots then bam full combo.
This can really be huge as now reptile can either go for a trade with acid spit , put a forceball on the screen or dash in and ex acid hand , good shit Rapzilla

RapZiLLa54

Just tested this vs Sonyas onion rings , it works if she commits to a 2nd onion ring , reptile has to duck the projectile and buffer his elbow dash in crouching as soon it goes over his head and commit to the ex acid hand , if she shoots then bam full combo.
This can really be huge as now reptile can either go for a trade with acid spit , put a forceball on the screen or dash in and ex acid hand , good shit Rapzilla
Thank you for testing this! NEW MOTHERFUCKING TECH! I'll try to get some video.

RapZiLLa54

This is a situation where your opponent has gotten a projectile on screen and the only way to counter zone or get in is to take damage. IE Sonya, Sektor, Kano, Jax, Freddy, Lui kang, Sindel, Stryker etc.

There isn't enough time to duck sonyas ring, dash then jump like sub zero and his freeze?

This is good stuff.
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2