What's new

EVO2013 Joker Mains Roll-Call

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Im sorry I failed. Hawkgirl too strong. This is Cheeseburger. The Hawkgirl match was LF of my pools. Apparently he's a top Hawkgirl player
Are you serious or trolling? If you're really Cheese Burger congrats bro. Nice fucking showing dude. I was rooting for you!

Lol I am. I would like to get some games later though but Idk anyone around here that plays. If anyone is here and wants to play hmu

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Lol I am. I would like to get some games later though but Idk anyone around here that plays. If anyone is here and wants to play hmu
Wish I was. Good work man, didn't realize how terrible that Hawkgirl matchup is. HLG MB or trying for ji3 is about all you can do against her sitting in the air throwing maces at you... bummer. You had some solid play man, good job repping the character.

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
Im sorry I failed. Hawkgirl too strong. This is Cheeseburger. The Hawkgirl match was LF of my pools. Apparently he's a top Hawkgirl player
Gysbert Don't be sorry man, Hawkgirl is pretty hard for Joker and you need to know exactly how tu punish her.
Use your d2 for breaking her wake up or you can jump and j3 + combos.
Use bombMB to break her zoning, and J3 + combos as possible. (j3, D2, db2MB, B3, j2, 32 flower)

I know this match up is hard for our mister J, but with pratice I am pretty sure you could win. Your Joker was nice and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, you play Joker ! Be proud of it ;) No easy life for us and that's the fun point.

What about Cat ? He lost ? I haven't seen all the matchs unfortunately.

StevoSuprem0

Gysbert Don't be sorry man, Hawkgirl is pretty hard for Joker and you need to know exactly how tu punish her.
Use your d2 for breaking her wake up or you can jump and j3 + combos.
Use bombMB to break her zoning, and J3 + combos as possible. (j3, D2, db2MB, B3, j2, 32 flower)

I know this match up is hard for our mister J, but with pratice I am pretty sure you could win. Your Joker was nice and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, you play Joker ! Be proud of it ;) No easy life for us and that's the fun point.

What about Cat ? He lost ? I haven't seen all the matchs unfortunately.
Yeah he lost to a Batman on stream I think. Pretty sure it was that Nightmare dude that hit pause for both of his loses (which broke my heart... sucks so bad). The Batman matchups is tough too:eek:

@Cat's match is at 1:03:00. Also saw him play a bunch of casuals against Doomsday (not sure of user name) on the Kombat Houston stream at the end of Day 1. Don't know if those were archived?

Also hi, I'm new. First post. Joker main.

I am very humbled by the kind conments about my play. Honestly I couldnt have learned to play like that without all of you sharing your tech. I really wanted to get put of pools and put Joker on the map, sadly it wasn't this time. I'll continue to rep with tournaments to come but I do work full time so it's kinda hard sometimes. My friend apparently recorded all my matches except for me losing to RunwayMafia the first time. I'll post em up once I get the chance to get it from him.

laudanum09

Darling
Gysbert I was so hype seeing you beat that Sinestro and Batman...he didn't seem like a bad player, just clueless on the matchup and scared. Still, you did great. You should check out the media section for videos of Runaway Mafia vs. Emperor Dark, a pretty solid Joker player. Dark seemed to have the advantage in the set but Runaway Mafia seems to have stepped up his zoning game with Hawkgirl too. I'm definitely going to compare your match with his.

Also, you were really close, I personally don't see how it can be any worse than 6-4 considering how close those games really were. Made us all proud.

PS PS PS

Christ almighty everyone, GET SOME AVATARS.

These blank white squares are very unjokerish. Where's your vanity? Where's dat purple? :joker:

Yeah I was checking it out last night. I learned a lot and it made sense why he wasnt allowing me to set up teeth on him.

Ren21

Noob
Yea there was no way i was getting out of pools. Fought Dreamking in winners where I already have issues vs Adam (probably my personal worst matchup) he told me his brother mained Joker so he knew the matchup really well. The first mixup I got him in was in the corner after a knockdown. Threw teeth and did meaty b13 which is one of my best setups (near unblockable) and he promptly blocked it high/low. I knew then I wasn't going to pull it off with Joker. Tried to counterpick Supes and got bopped.

To take from this I definitely gotta work on more solid setups/play with Joker vs people that know the matchup. To put it in perspective, I played Rico Suave in casuals and 2-0d him (albiet in a ft3 he adjusted and came back and won) but he didn't know the matchup. Vs Dreamking though I knew I had no chance to pull it off since he knew what to look for. I had been betting too much on others matchup inexperience to carry me through.

StevoSuprem0

Yea there was no way i was getting out of pools. Fought Dreamking in winners where I already have issues vs Adam (probably my personal worst matchup) he told me his brother mained Joker so he knew the matchup really well. The first mixup I got him in was in the corner after a knockdown. Threw teeth and did meaty b13 which is one of my best setups (near unblockable) and he promptly blocked it high/low. I knew then I wasn't going to pull it off with Joker. Tried to counterpick Supes and got bopped.

To take from this I definitely gotta work on more solid setups/play with Joker vs people that know the matchup. To put it in perspective, I played Rico Suave in casuals and 2-0d him (albiet in a ft3 he adjusted and came back and won) but he didn't know the matchup. Vs Dreamking though I knew I had no chance to pull it off since he knew what to look for. I had been betting too much on others matchup inexperience to carry me through.
I actually play with a Black Adam quite a bit. He is a bad matchup for us because he has a very safe wakeup and good zoning, both of which are things that kinda screw Joker over. Blocking correctly is important- always wakeup blocking low when you are at or beyond jump distance because that lightning will be coming. Sometimes you can sneak in a gunshot and catch them after a block, but usual it's best to start trying to dash in a bit and watch for another one. I like to answer dick kicks with MB b/f3 to get myself on the offensive rather than just block, but you can start footsies off of a block also if you'd like. Close up, block high and try to punish with footsies, mixing in MB b/f3s to get things going (I find I do alot better when I incorporate these). His hitbox is weird sometime on teeth loops for some reason- sometimes a ji3 will cause him to not get caught by the teeth, so you need to rely more on ji2 for setups. That's just some of the stuff I can say about the matchup. Going to try to write a blurb about the BA matchup in the matchup thread at some point.