Votes: 42 87.5%
  • VXG

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Both

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

coolwhip

Noob
LBSH, everyone who was saying they'd pick vxg over EVO were doing it believing MK wouldn't be at EVO this year. If they HAD to choose, 99% of people would go to EVO.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
My goal is to attend both. I'm from Aruba so it's impossible to attend other U.S. majors while being poor lol. VxG is cheap for me cause it's in the Caribbean. But I really want to go to EVO. Not only to meet and play most of you guys but also it's the biggest major in the U.S. and i will get to meet other top players from other games that I admire. For someone outside of the U.S. we can save the money and attend both. Atleast that is my plan.

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I could care less about the money. I just want to be in a tropical paradise. . . Fuck evo

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I will not attend this EVO (and haven't played MK in years), but EVO 2k14 is in my plans. Either for MK9 or Injustice. (I do this more because of the players than the game itself)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Me too. . . Vegas is ass. I've lived there, its just horrible.

Honestly, I know where I stand in the MK community. I'm not great, I'm doing my best to get better but as I've right now I'm a "pretty good" player with no scene. Still, I show up to these tournaments to support the game I love and to get even just a tiny bit better with some offline casuals against top players.

Now, on the one hand, we have a tournament that has announced for months that MK will be there in a big way and is even giving trips/accommodations to players that place well. Even if I don't get good enough to win anything the experience of VxG just seems better.

On the other we have the World Championship, that's pretty much all it has going for it. The city, no offense to Vegas people, doesn't seem that great and besides gambling and eating there doesn't seem to be alot to do. I've never been to Vegas and this may be a stereotype but relaxing in Vegas and relaxing at St. Marteen is not the same. Spending this amount of money I want a full experience and VxG seems to offer that more than EVO.