What's new

Match Footage EVO Semis: Aris(Deathstroke) vs CDJr (Superman) offscreen match

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I think that's what he was getting at.

The shots are used of course for zoning, but more so like Ryu's fireball game instead of Sagat's fireball game (which some people were hoping for out of Deathstroke). Ryu could indeed zone people out, but definitely shouldn't revolve his game around it solely.

Ryu's crouchingMK and fireballs are used more for just controlling the screen and forcing his opponents to approach Ryu on his terms, whereas Sagats fireballs could be used the same but are definitely more suitable to just keep the opponent out at all cost.
zoning with him now is useless.

Idk, didn't sound that way to me :p

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Idk, didn't sound that way to me :p

Perhaps that sentence was a little...cathegorical, but Circus got it right. Deathstroke playstyle is now similar to Ryu's: control the screen to force your opponent to make mistakes to get close. Zoning a good player is very difficult with Slade these days.

Of course, that depends on your opponent's character. Zoning Bane is easy...zoning a good Batman, Super or Black Adam is almost impossible.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
It never was easy to keep a good player out all match. Even from the beginning, 1 blocked low shots = 1 free dash. Theres a reason he was given awesome melee tools, unlike Cyborg who's gotta burn meter to break the 30s >_>. Still, zoning with DS is worth a shot.

*slaps knee*

Crathen

Death is my business
If anything this proves we're not seeing high level Deathstoke experience... not bashing Aris , he has the right to brag for making top 32 at EVO, he wasn't going for optimal damage reliable bnbs and not utilizing many of Deahtstrokes setups on wakeup.

CDJr played very sloppy , you can tell he doesn't practice the game a lot.

Zoning with guns is still good in certain matchups but in others whiffing a gunshot or being anti zoned you have to limit your gunshots and throw baits for a punish or establish your spot , i think most DS have to give up zoning and finally know how to block and react / make a read properly , go for frametraps , 50/50 and knockdowns setups and finally adapt to your opponent.

Still....BIG MISTAKE AMIGO

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Perhaps it's just a matter of people actually adapting and learning how to play against him, but I find harder to zone with Slade after the nerf. Of course, it was never easy to keep a good player at bay, but now is almost impossible. The recovery frames nerf was huge.

Hated Greatness

Super Villain
Great set here. Aris is literally the only DeathStroke player I respect. He never wines about "nerfs" and plays exceptionally well, yet doesn't get the kudos he deserves usually. He played a very aggressive style against Superman without even using the characters most "optimized" combos (instead, wisely choosing to stick to the combos he knows he will not drop because he has them down). Part of the reason I enjoy WNF's Injustice stream the most (the character variety you see out there is the other reason).

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Great set here. Aris is literally the only DeathStroke player I respect. He never wines about "nerfs" and plays exceptionally well, yet doesn't get the kudos he deserves usually.
Wow. So what about the entire DS forum, who told Dave to shut his mouth and carried on because they were loyal to their character and kept improving their game?

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Wow. So what about the entire DS forum, who told Dave to shut his mouth and carried on because they were loyal to their character and kept improving their game?
Well, I remember the "Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coallition" (almost the entire DS forum) and they were very supportive of m2dave.
-___________-

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Well, I remember the "Deathstroke Anti-Nerf Coallition" (almost the entire DS forum) and they were very supportive of m2dave.
-___________-

Lol. You said it in your own post. We were supporting not nerfing, not m2dave, he just happened to be on our side. What, you think that was the m2dave fan club? Once the nerfs hit, he became sour and we got sick of it. Common sense much?

I've been seeing your posts on anything related to DS. You just hate the character and thinks anyone (other than Aris) who plays or likes him is scum.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Lol. You said it in your own post. We were supporting not nerfing, not m2dave, he just happened to be on our side. What, you think that was the m2dave fan club? Once the nerfs hit, he became sour and we got sick of it. Common sense much?

I've been seeing your posts on anything related to DS. You just hate the character and thinks anyone (other than Aris) who plays or likes him is scum.
I love Deathstroke, the thing is I was furious because pre patch he was mean to be a super hyper zoning char and I hate zoning, that is all, now I love the way he is, I love how Aris play him. And no, I don't think DS players are "scum", but it is true I had problems with those who defend pre patch DS.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I love Deathstroke, the thing is I was furious because pre patch he was mean to be a super hyper zoning char and I hate zoning, that is all, now I love the way he is, I love how Aris play him. And no, I don't think DS players are "scum", but it is true I had problems with those who defend pre patch DS.

Which was basically everyone, hence your distaste for most DS players.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Which was basically everyone, hence your distaste for most DS players.
That is true, and until this moment I don't understand how someone could defend that lame broken dirty DS, ugh... but sorry if I offend you people I know I'm one of the least tolerant persons in the forum...I get mad easily.