What's new

EVO 2018 Trailer

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
When was the last time one was ditched

What bad treatment are you guys even talking about? The game was ran fine at EVO outside of the power issues which affected every game.

What bad treatment are you guys even talking about? The game was ran fine at EVO outside of the power issues which affected every game.
The treatment of not giving the NRS tourney a proper set of chairs to the point of everyone need to either stand or sit on the floor as well as reducing the sets to a FT2 rather then FT3, that was the case for MKX in 2016 during the pools, and even though we got to Sunday the time wasn't confortable for the players as well as the American viewers, although it was excellent to EU viewers like myself.

And then of course last year we didn't make it to Sunday at all despite being the newest game of NRS as well as out of all the FGC aside from Tekken 7 on hope ports. I probably forgot other issues from last year.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The treatment of not giving the NRS tourney a proper set of chairs to the point of everyone need to either stand or sit on the floor as well as reducing the sets to a FT2 rather then FT3, that was the case for MKX in 2016 during the pools, and even though we got to Sunday the time wasn't confortable for the players as well as the American viewers, although it was excellent to EU viewers like myself.

And then of course last year we didn't make it to Sunday at all despite being the newest game of NRS as well as out of all the FGC aside from Tekken 7 on hope ports. I probably forgot other issues from last year.
In 2016 there were venue issues across the board due to the growing pains of moving to a couple of brand new venues that year; Smash players, etc. conplained about exactly the same things, but our community assumed it was just MKX.

Roy Arkon

In 2016 there were venue issues across the board due to the growing pains of moving to a couple of brand new venues that year; Smash players, etc. conplained about exactly the same things, but our community assumed it was just MKX.
Yeah I heard similer stuff too, it's just that the whole thing was a mess, also because of the ESPN SFV broadcast. But here is the thing I don't understand: Why this past year IJ2 was on Saturday despite being a huge game as well as the one of the newest games at the time?

I mean the fact that we were treated badly doesn't change I don't think we overreacted tbh

Just because it wasn't showed in the trailer it doesn't mean it's not gonna get a main tourney at all. On the same token you can say that they are gonna include IJ2 simply because Sonic Fox, Honey Bee and Tekken Master all appeared in the trailer, and all are NRS players, with the Honey Bee shot taken from last year's IJ2 tourney and he was the hypest player there, indicates even further that IJ2 is gonna make the cut.
I'd just like to point out that EVO 2017 trailer did not initially have UMVC3 footage, and it was indeed basically ditched from the main lineup to be included as a "Player Vote" title, where it barely took the victory from Pokken

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?

Evo 2013 trailer - no Injustice or MK 9 in the trailer, despite them being in the roster.
Evo 2014 trailer - no Injustice, despite being in the main roster.
Evo 2015 trailer - no MKX despite being in the main roster.
Evo 2016 trailer - no MKX despite being in the main roster. Only a half second shot of SonicFox from a distance.
Evo 2017 trailer - no Injustice 2, despite being in the main roster. Only a second of SonicFox and TekkenMaster.
But most of all, no shots of the NRS scene whatsoever, which is the most insulting, except the 1,5 seconds of SonicFox which I mentioned. Not mentioning the shit treatment with schedules and organizing moments NRS games get each time.
Maybe it's because the other games are more or less legacy games and NRS brings a completely new game each 2 years, but ffs give it a break.
If you ask me, it seems like a bias and I'm losing interest in EVO each year.

Roy Arkon

I'd just like to point out that EVO 2017 trailer did not initially have UMVC3 footage, and it was indeed basically ditched from the main lineup to be included as a "Player Vote" title, where it barely took the victory from Pokken
But it still doesn't mean anything, one example is nkt enough. We also saw MVC2 and SF3 in the trailer and no sign of MVCI, yet we all know MVCI is gonna make the cut but none of the other two.

Anyway, like I said - maybe this whole "no inj2 footage = no game at the event" thing is just a crazy theory of mine. If EVO decides to drop KOF from the lineup next year, then they could put both Inj2 and Melee still, in addition to all of the games I mentioned earlier: SFV, MVCI, CTB, DBFZ, Xrd, T7, Sm4sh

haketh

Noob
Evo 2013 trailer - no Injustice or MK 9 in the trailer, despite them being in the roster.
Evo 2014 trailer - no Injustice, despite being in the main roster.
Evo 2015 trailer - no MKX despite being in the main roster.
Evo 2016 trailer - no MKX despite being in the main roster. Only a half second shot of SonicFox from a distance.
Evo 2017 trailer - no Injustice 2, despite being in the main roster. Only a second of SonicFox and TekkenMaster.
But most of all, no shots of the NRS scene whatsoever, which is the most insulting, except the 1,5 seconds of SonicFox which I mentioned. Not mentioning the shit treatment with schedules and organizing moments NRS games get each time.
Maybe it's because the other games are more or less legacy games and NRS brings a completely new game each 2 years, but ffs give it a break.
If you ask me, it seems like a bias and I'm losing interest in EVO each year.
Are you really this tight over a trailer? I mean no offence but theirs really not much trailer worthy from NRS games outside of crowd shot stuff man. Their really hasn't been anything thats like the Ogawa moment.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
A trailer is just a trailer, it doesn't determine what the lineup will be for Evo. The lineup is not usually announced until Jan/Feb anyway so just wait until then.

Roy Arkon

Are you really this tight over a trailer? I mean no offence but theirs really not much trailer worthy from NRS games outside of crowd shot stuff man. Their really hasn't been anything thats like the Ogawa moment.
You are right that people can't put to much weight on the trailers, but there are some NRS moments that should can and should be there like HoneyBee's Flash last year, not just a shot at HB himself but his Flash as well.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Sonic Fox vs. Tekken Master in 2016 is one of the greatest EVO moments of all time.

It is indisputable at this point that NRS games are completely shit on by EVO. It's not even just us, basically everyone who isn't Capcom gets shit on as well.

When I finally begin traveling, EVO will be the one tournament I don't make the trip to.

Roy Arkon

Sonic Fox vs. Tekken Master in 2016 is one of the greatest EVO moments of all time.

It is indisputable at this point that NRS games are completely shit on by EVO. It's not even just us, basically everyone who isn't Capcom gets shit on as well.

When I finally begin traveling, EVO will be the one tournament I don't make the trip to.
Very true. At this point any other tourney will be much more worth it unless you're either an SF player or an MVC player.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Not that I'm tight, I'm just bringing facts. All other games are represented, even the newly released except NRS games. I'm not tight at all, because MRS games are where the big dope's at with mlg, esl etc., so I' very comfortable really :)

haketh

Noob
Not that I'm tight, I'm just bringing facts. All other games are represented, even the newly released except NRS games. I'm not tight at all, because MRS games are where the big dope's at with mlg, esl etc., so I' very comfortable really :)
The scene is repped in the trailer, just no in game footage

God y'all are some shit

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Pretty sure everyone just needs to step back and evaluate this for what it is: a save-the-date trailer.

Game lineup, Sunday vs Saturday and more will be hashed out in January. Which still leaves people 7 months to decide and plan on attending EVO.