What's new

EVO 2018 Trailer

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
We were promised an Evo 2018 trailer today, and here it is! Evo will again be held at the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas, but will be held during August 3rd-5th!

Enjoy the trailer below:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Any word in NRS making the main stage this year? It was a total travesty that IJ2 was not on the main stage at Evo.

EDIT - Props to Honeybee and Sonic making the supercut!

Last edited:

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Any word in NRS making the main stage this year? It was a total travesty that IJ1 was not on the main stage at Evo.

EDIT - Props to Honeybee and Sonic making the supercut!
Unlikely. If it didn't happen in Injustice 2's first year, it probably won't happen next year. Also, with the way we (NRS community) responded to Injustice 2's Saturday slot, I'd be surprised if an NRS game is ever held on the main stage again.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
No footage if Inj2 in the trailer. That's SUPER weird
Not suprised. Smfh but it is annoying. Did they even give a list of games dropping yet or are players suppose to book a room without knowing if their game is even being hosted at the event?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
TBH after the treatment we got from EVO in the last couple of years, it is hard to be hyped for EVO. We don't have to get the final slot of Sunday, but at least somewhere on Sunday.

Unlikely. If it didn't happen in Injustice 2's first year, it probably won't happen next year. Also, with the way we (NRS community) responded to Injustice 2's Saturday slot, I'd be surprised if an NRS game is ever held on the main stage again.
They already put us outside of the main stage and the community reacted they way they did because of that, it wasn't the other way around. I still do hope that we get the to Sunday once again however, maybe not with IJ2, but perhaps MK11 in 2 years. We indeed gonna be represented on the main line of games for sure, no question about that.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Games are announced in January usually. Pretty sure Injustice 2 will be one of the games.

As for main stage treatment, it's probably not gonna happen. Assuming they stick with 5 games on Sunday, I expect SFV, MVCI, Tekken 7, Melee and probably DBZ.

May be in the minority but I preferred the Saturday spot over trying to drag myself to the main stage at 8 am. Plus, the actual TO's running the brackets and stream setup was much better last year than year 2 of MKX. Hope to make it again this year.

Games are announced in January usually. Pretty sure Injustice 2 will be one of the games.
I dunno man, chances are it won't. Until confirmed otherwise (which should happen, as you said, in January), right now the lineup is looking like it will include 8 games, 6 of which you saw in the trailer, 7th being BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle replacing Central Fiction, and the 8th being Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, replacing UMVC3.

Seeing that neither I2 nor Melee are present in the trailer, that's two more games, and EVO has stuck with 9 for the last several years. I'm afraid 2017 might become the first and the last year of the game at EVO, unless MrWizard makes the decision to drop Melee in favour of Smash WiiU

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I mean, they showed footage of Marvel 2 and 3rd Strike. No chance they make it back. And looking at the numbers for KOF, would be shocked if they made it.

Plus there are at least 2 NRS highlights here, with Honeybee and Sonic. Then you gotta factor in WB and IPS season 2.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I dunno man, chances are it won't. Until confirmed otherwise (which should happen, as you said, in January), right now the lineup is looking like it will include 8 games, 6 of which you saw in the trailer, 7th being BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle replacing Central Fiction, and the 8th being Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, replacing UMVC3.

Seeing that neither I2 nor Melee are present in the trailer, that's two more games, and EVO has stuck with 9 for the last several years. I'm afraid 2017 might become the first and the last year of the game at EVO, unless MrWizard makes the decision to drop Melee in favour of Smash WiiU
Just because it wasn't showed in the trailer it doesn't mean it's not gonna get a main tourney at all. On the same token you can say that they are gonna include IJ2 simply because Sonic Fox, Honey Bee and Tekken Master all appeared in the trailer, and all are NRS players, with the Honey Bee shot taken from last year's IJ2 tourney and he was the hypest player there, indicates even further that IJ2 is gonna make the cut.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just because it wasn't showed in the trailer it doesn't mean it's not gonna get a main tourney at all. On the same token you can say that they are gonna include IJ2 simply because Sonic Fox, Honey Bee and Tekken Master all appeared in the trailer, and all are NRS players, with the Honey Bee shot taken from last year's IJ2 tourney and he was the hypest player there, indicates even further that IJ2 is gonna make the cut.
Injustice 2 will be at EVO. It's one of the FGC's biggest games.

I still don't get how the community was wrong to react the way it did. Let's be honest here our numbers for evo will be lower than last year we won't get the main stage and we will be treated badly that's just how it goes.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Reading the comments, I2 isn't in the trailer? Not even gonna watch it. I don't get why NRS games are ditched by EVO. Unhyped.

Reading the comments, I2 isn't in the trailer? Not even gonna watch it. I don't get why NRS games are ditched by EVO. Unhyped.
It's a vicious circle people hear how bad of an experience it is so not everyone choose to go to EVO and because we're not one of the top dogs in number we get treated badly and around it goes.

haketh

Noob
When was the last time one was ditched

It's a vicious circle people hear how bad of an experience it is so not everyone choose to go to EVO and because we're not one of the top dogs in number we get treated badly and around it goes.
What bad treatment are you guys even talking about? The game was ran fine at EVO outside of the power issues which affected every game.