What's new

EVO 2013 Daigo Comeback!?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
You know even though I dont like watching sf4, there is something great about watching high level ryus... nothing but pure fundamentals
Yeah -- like regardless of what fighting game you like, that was just a sick set -- those last-second confirms.. When Infiltration gets on a roll he plays with such authority. Regardless of losing he really is something else.

No matter what happens, it would be great to see him play Daigo again at EVO. But Dreamhack should probably put everyone on notice; asian or not, all competitors are going to have to take every threat seriously.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Yeah -- like regardless of what fighting game you like, that was just a sick set -- those last-second confirms.. When Infiltration gets on a roll he plays with such authority. Regardless of losing he really is something else.

No matter what happens it would be great to see him play Daigo again at EVO. But Dreamhack should probably put everyone on notice; asian or not, all competitors are going to have to take every threat seriously.
It seems to me that infiltration has a more aggresive ryu and daigo to me has a more reactive ryu, any thoughts?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Does Ryu do better than Akuma against Cammy? Does anyone know the story here?

Daigo, win or lose is always hype. As long as he plays Ryu though, I was kind of happy when his Yun got blown up by Poongko. I really found Yun extremely boring to watch and its sad in the first version of AE people had no choice but to go top tier (for the most part)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
It seems to me that infiltration has a more aggresive ryu and daigo to me has a more reactive ryu, any thoughts?
Yup -- he really went on the O against Popi at some points, and when he felt the momentum he would capitalize on it and keep pressing.. It's cool to see Ryu played like that at that level and it's really exciting to watch.

Of course, that was all neutralized once Popi started throwing caution to the wind and just smothering him + the unblockables. It'll be interesting to see what adjustments he makes in time for EVO since Cammy is also so popular again now.

Daigo, win or lose is always hype. As long as he plays Ryu though, I was kind of happy when his Yun got blown up by Poongko. I really found Yun extremely boring to watch and its sad in the first version of AE people had no choice but to go top tier (for the most part)
Akuma is a high risk high reward character and has low life. Ryu is somewhat more safe and does good damage and cammy is a low health character like akuma so ryu does better imo because he has more life and is able to play safer. akuma seems to lose to characters like yun and cammy.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Apparently Infiltration was playing almost nothing but Ryu. Even in casuals before and after, all Ryu. My guess would be that he doesn't want to be showing too much of his Akuma this close to Evo, because he doesn't want people dissecting whatever new stuff he's been working on.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Skkra He actually played Akuma first, and Popi sent him to losers, and then he switched to Ryu in the losers bracket.

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
The beast returns? I feel the hype for EVO 2013.

I really hope Daigo wins this time but, let be honest, Infiltration is right now the best SFIV player out there.

My bets are on Umehara, though.

Skkra

CrimsonShadow Ah, gotcha. I didn't watch the whole thing very closely, but I did enjoy the finals match. Regardless, he IS human after all... he's definitely the favorite to win Evo, but I don't think it's a lock.

I'd love to see Dieminion make Top 8 again. I'd also love to see Marq Teddy's Guy go deep, since I love watching that character, but I'm not sure how good he is when put up against the rest of the world.

Skkra

Oh yeah, I forgot - Xian's Gen absolutely has what it takes to win Evo. He's using a character that a lot of players don't have experience against at the highest level, he's a ridiculous player, and he has an incredible adapt game even when behind or under pressure.

Flagg

Noob
Gen is hands down the hardest character to master in SF IV and Xian plays him perfectly.

I never understood why Gen is supposed to be considered below average when the character is simply amazing with a wealth of tools.

There's some nice sets on YouTube between Xian and Daigo and he completely destroys Daigo's Yun.