What's new

Every Fighting Game Type Explained (ft TYM)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Got recommended this video in my recommendations on YouTube. It’s a very well done video and explanation. And TYM appears in this video made by “Core-A Gaming” which I thought was cool. Anyway, the title of the video is the title of this thread, “Every Fighting Game Type Explained”, where he goes in depth about the origins of fighting games, what a fighting game is, all the different types of fighting games, the mechanics of them, etc etc. Very interesting video, definitely recommend watching it when you get some free time (it’s an hour long).

____

Also, to @STORMS @Mr Aquaman @CrimsonShadow. I was going to post this in the “Fighting Philosophy” subforum, but I don’t see a way to actually navigate to that subforum. The only way I was able to find it was to go to advance search and search the “Tips on becoming a better player” threads/article I made in there: https://testyourmight.com/threads/tips-on-becoming-a-better-player-part-1-how-losing-helps-you-get-better.3674/

Which the “Fighting Philosophy” subforum is also within another subforum dubbed “TYM University”, which is another subforum I cannot find anywhere except via advance search.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I love Core A Gaming, I think he makes the best FG content on all of youtube. But this was his weakest video imo. If someone wants a comprehensive intro to Fighting Games, this video is the best one there is

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
But this was his weakest video imo. If someone wants a comprehensive intro to Fighting Games, this video is the best one there is
What about this video is “bad”, “weak”, “incorrect”, etc?

It seems to accomplish exactly what it wanted to. To explain all the different types of fighting games, their origins, and their mechanics. It’s very well done with a ton of great information, examples, and it’s extremely well edited.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
What about this video is “bad”, “weak”, “incorrect”, etc?

It seems to accomplish exactly what it wanted to. To explain all the different types of fighting games, their origins, and their mechanics. It’s very well done with a ton of great information, examples, and it’s extremely well edited.
I think its low effort compared to his other videos. Its super basic, but I never said it was bad. For an average FG youtube video its gold, but for a CoreA video I think it just doesn't say or teach much.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I think its low effort compared to his other videos. Its super basic, but I never said it was bad. For an average FG youtube video its gold, but for a CoreA video I think it just doesn't say or teach much.
I don’t understand how you can call this “low effort”, even compared to his other videos. As far as I can tell, this is by far his longest video he’s ever made, and it’s clear a TON of effort was put into it. There’s so much research involved, which a lot of the information in this video isn’t something you can simply just Google. Neither is some of the history told stuff that is just on Wikipedia. These are things he had to do deep dives on and not only that, corroborate his sources. He even had personal 1 on 1 interviews.

Gathering all of that alone probably took an insanely long time, but then he had to put it altogether into a comprehensive and coherent storytelling manner with an incredible amount of editing. This is evident by the fact that his previous upload before this one was over a year ago. So clearly a significant amount of time was invested into this video.