What's new

General/Other - Reptile Even though Reptile gets no love

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Calm down.

i for one, actually went into detail in my conclusions. And also, unless u actually play reptile, like as a main..u wouldnt understand when i say 'The new reptile.' your just from the outside looking in and saying ' They are not the same.' Now if u actually do play him on that level, then u just simply disagree. Call me a scrub and keep it going. So let me simply if for you incase you dont main him like that..

-they both are CREATURES. Meaning, NOT HUMAN that deal with ACID
-they both have DASH like moves. If its a crawl, same thing. lizards crawl dont they?
-They both have a variation that does THE SAME THING, one is just better.

So when i say hes the new reptile, im saying it as 'Look, theres a new character in a game, who is also a creature, who can do what something reptile can do, with acid, better!'

im not saying they're the same character. if u take that way then i cant break it down any further.
If a new character was to come in that deals with Flames, and teleporting , and summoning demons or whatever...and he happens to do something scorpion can do, but BETTER. I guarentee you yourself would say 'look guys, the NEW scorpion.'
And yes your right, the way they do DoT IS completely different. One does it much better than the other.
So basically you are just saying all the similarities are aesthetic? And you prefer Alien aesthetically?

Because NONE of this shit has absolutely anything to do with gameplay comparisons, Alien is in no way "the new Reptile"

However between you and that other guy fiercely arguing that Reptile loses every single match up, the Reptile community is quickly starting to become "the new Quan Chi community"

Israel

Noob
So basically you are just saying all the similarities are aesthetic? And you prefer Alien aesthetically?

Because NONE of this shit has absolutely anything to do with gameplay comparisons, Alien is in no way "the new Reptile"

However between you and that other guy fiercely arguing that Reptile loses every single match up, the Reptile community is quickly starting to become "the new Quan Chi community"
Correct.

Ok, so u disagree with me, which is cool. But i switched to Alien cuz acidic does everything i would want noxious to do. So when u say 'none of this shit has absolutely anything to do with gameplay comparisons,' just know it won me over. If it didnt have anything to do with it....im sure i'd still be playing noxious.

But you may be right on that last part. Ill make this my last say, i dont want to be a bad reputation for these guys. I actually like these guys.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Correct.

Ok, so u disagree with me, which is cool. But i switched to Alien cuz acidic does everything i would want noxious to do. So when u say 'none of this shit has absolutely anything to do with gameplay comparisons,' just know it won me over. If it didnt have anything to do with it....im sure i'd still be playing noxious.

But you may be right on that last part. Ill make this my last say, i dont want to be a bad reputation for these guys. I actually like these guys.
I can fully understand that, I think Alien is much cooler than Reptile aesthetically as well and definitely seems to have better aesthetic design and likely a lot more work put into him. Reptile has a sort of wacky arms flailing flair to him which doesn't appeal to me as much.

However, the OP made a thread aobut gameplay changes, complained Reptile didn't get enough of them, and said "Alien is the new Reptile", and then jeered even the concept that it's a pretty outlandish statement to make. That's the argument you were supporting when you jumped in on it.

You can prefer the new characters Acid shit aesthetically, or you can prefer Reptile's, thats just personal taste. To say he's the new Reptile however is a lot more debatable and a pretty highly outlandish statement to make, they have a completely different playstyle and Alien cannot do what Reptile can and vice versa, they don't even remotely come close to filling the same niche.

If you like DoT effects, comparing these two aspects of the character, I agree Alien's are probably (or, definitely even) much better than Reptiles. That's not what was being debated however

Tweedy

Noob
Alien is the new Reptile talk, is just as invalid as people talking about Hunter Predator invalidating Sub Zero.

You can't invalidate a character that is possibly top tier. lol