What's new

Question Evade and Trait.....should they be improved?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Well I will admit that I didn't know that the trait was a decent wake up attack. I'll have to see about that in training mode tomorrow after my final. However, I saw your vid and with defensive tools like pushblock and clash at people's disposal, that makes her trait kaput. If it was buffed to surpass that then we'd be in there.
That's true. But if someone doesn't have the meter to to push block, if they don't have wager (first round or used it already), the block trap will work. And yeah, the wakeup invincibility is ridiculous.

That's true. But if someone doesn't have the meter to to push block, if they don't have wager (first round or used it already), the block trap will work. And yeah, the wakeup invincibility is ridiculous.
Well personally I'd rather not be banking on using my trait based off of the if scenarios because I'd rather it have a more meaningful use other than being a swag combo of sorts. It being unclashable and undefendable (to pushblock) would make it unique for her along with it's safety at the end of a string. The chip is good but should they push block it, and lbsh meter is easy to come by in this game, then you've wasted your trait for nothing. But I digress, when you can open up your opponents with just one knockdown as I've shown in the vortex vids and to other TYM tourney players online, then you can look past it for the moment :)

SLy

Noob
Her evades are fine to me.. I just don't understand why the motion of her Low evade feels so ugly to do lol..

My only complaint on her trait is depending on the distance if you use trait in a combo sometimes they wont give you all the hits that you worked so hard for.. They would just fall out of it after the first hit..

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Her trait sucks. It's clashable & it's useless as a combo ender. With all the setups Catwoman has at the end of her combos, there's very little reason to end it with trait. That said however Catwoman has loads of other bullshit at her disposal, so as of right now I say don't buff it.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Her trait sucks. It's clashable & it's useless as a combo ender. With all the setups Catwoman has at the end of her combos, there's very little reason to end it with trait. That said however Catwoman has loads of other bullshit at her disposal, so as of right now I say don't buff it.
Use it as a wakeup. It has full invincibility. I think it's a necessary addition in its current form.

Evade needs more exploration to determine a reason to use it.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Use it as a wakeup. It has full invincibility. I think it's a necessary addition in its current form.

Evade needs more exploration to determine a reason to use it.
Does anybody know the real frame data on her trait? The "-51 on hit" & "-61 on block" listed in the game are obviously wrong. Also it seems like the advantages change depending on how many cat scratches you have.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I do not know the exact frames but I know each level of scratch is safe on block. Flash cannot reversal lighting uppercut punish any of them.

I still don't fully understand invincibility in this game... In KH StarCharger 's vid, he says something about a move needing to be between 10-14 frames to be fully invincible. I don't have access to youtube right now to rewind and listen to what he said exactly. Trait is 16 frames according to the game frame data but are you guys saying that it has full invincibility and pretty much beats everything all the time?

I still don't fully understand invincibility in this game... In KH StarCharger 's vid, he says something about a move needing to be between 10-14 frames to be fully invincible. I don't have access to youtube right now to rewind and listen to what he said exactly. Trait is 16 frames according to the game frame data but are you guys saying that it has full invincibility and pretty much beats everything all the time?
Actually I said that a special needs to start up in 10-14 frames to avoid the vortex when it's followed up without armor. That didn't necessarily pertain to wakeups in general. A good example of this is Black Adam's lightning cage being 23 frames on start up and yet it can escape a non-armored vortex followup cleanly. Catwoman's trait can be used as a wake up attack but it can also be stuffed by certain maneuvers in the game though with it being 16 frames. Neutral jump setups are a good example.

otter

Noob
My problem with evade is that it's too arbitrary which attacks can be evaded. Instead of high evade dodging high attacks, and low dodging low attacks, you have to look at a list for every matchup and see what can be evade which usually includes mids. It's just not intuitive.