What's new

Question Evade and Trait.....should they be improved?

I know the game is far too young to be whining about nerfs and buffs, but it seems fairly clear to me that CW's trait and evades are entirely lacking. I am aware of traits use as a fully invincible wake up, but other than that, it's utility is sort of underwhelming.

In my opinion, Evade is far too risky of an option to throw out for the minimal reward it grants. I could be totally wrong as i cant say that ive made an honest effort to incorporate it into my game.

The purpose of this thread is not to cry out for buffs, but rather, to ask the Catwoman community what they would change about these moves if given the power to do so, what would you do to improve them while maintaining game balance?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Evade is for swag, which is what Catwoman is all about.

Semi troll response, sorry. I'll be working on some evade stuff in the upcoming weeks, hope to find some useful stuff for everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Awake

Noob
Evade has its uses, for example it completely blows up banes charge but its uses are limited. As for the trait, it gives you a fair amount of damage for no meter, but i feel it should be improved in that it should start maxed, simply proc more often, OR leave you at a more of an advantageous position upon landing allowing for a setup.

Ive heard people say its a great wakeup attack...but from my experience its quite the opposite. Not only do i get hit out of the wake up trait as it runs out of invincibility before its active, but if they block its very punishable. Wakeup cat claws is superior in every way imo.

Although i do agree its a bit early to call for buffs and nerfs, i feel that catwomans trait is very straightforward and i highly doubt there will be any groundbreaking developments that end up making the trait super useful. With that being said im hoping for a slight adjustment to her trait.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How does it work vs frame gaps and evading the next move between said gap?
Ive been meaning to test this in my evade guide, just haven't gotten around to it.

Off the top of my head the main uses are for dodging Banes charge, harleys pop pop(You have to take chip otherwise) and low evade dodges most command grabs. But yes, evade is not very good, at all.

And as for her trait, just end her combos with it. You get corner carry, a little damage, and set yourself up for pressure. Even as a wakeup it gets beaten by things sometimes, but maybe that is just my timing.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Evade is great because it gives you a trait if you don't have it. Just one projectile, and they've given you trait. Trait is fantastic. It has huge invincibility frames.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Lots of it.

How come you didn't go to the Lounge on Sat? I went all Catwoman and remained the Chaimpion. You were supposed to come back for the runback!
I have been very busy these past couple of weeks. I tried but I just couldn't make it. Great stuff taking it with Catwoman though.
Come this WNF though, I will be joining the Catwoman army so we can show them all what it's all about.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I have been very busy these past couple of weeks. I tried but I just couldn't make it. Great stuff taking it with Catwoman though.
Come this WNF though, I will be joining the Catwoman army so we can show them all what it's all about.
My Cyrax training partner returns. I love it.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It'd be nice if we could MB Evade and have her pounce forward immediately after dodging or something.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Maybe, but it's a design flaw. Batman Parry is much better and it's just a regular special move. The HA's aren't all that special either...yet.
Keep in mind, joker's parry is a single button so it's much easier to react to stuff with it. Also, it is very hard to input db motion straight from crouching, so if you are blocking low and a frame hole is coming up, it's very difficult to parry it unless the hole is quiet a few frames with batman. Joker has the option to parry lows which is big in it's own way as well. Joker's parry is better on a whiff also.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Keep in mind, joker's parry is a single button so it's much easier to react to stuff with it. Also, it is very hard to input db motion straight from crouching, so if you are blocking low and a frame hole is coming up, it's very difficult to parry it unless the hole is quiet a few frames with batman. Joker has the option to parry lows which is big in it's own way as well. Joker's parry is better on a whiff also.
I see, you may be right about Joker then. But DS and Harley are still on the downside concerning traits.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Her trait should get buffed in some way... Bleeding? Or something... The trait itself is not that damaging at max and in a combo it's practically useless. And do not say "Oh it's unclashable! OP." Only the last few hits are unclashable. Semi-useless and garbage.

Her evade is fine. After every evade you get meter and a scratch towards your trait, I believe. Sounds good enough.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Lots of it.

How come you didn't go to the Lounge on Sat? I went all Catwoman and remained the Chaimpion. You were supposed to come back for the runback!
Looking forward to it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I LOVE her evade...I've been landing a ton of them especially against characters like Superman and Green Arrow. Just like Ninj said...it's a swag thing, but imo, it's also a clear sign to your opponent, "LOL oh are you trying to zone me...just wait until I get in on your ass...oh and thanks for the 3 extra 'scratch marks'". I don't use her low evade that often (the one where she jumps up, I hate the motion for it) but her regular evade is just fine. Trait...eh...it adds damage to combos which is great. It just doesn't seem to build back up when I want it to...

Harlequinnj

"Trying to make me laugh?"
I use her evade quite a bit, sometimes I try and evade a projectile then follow up with MB Cat Dash to close the gap. It's always a useful way to gain her trait though, and to break out of/dodge some strings and punish them, but other than that it's not worth using - to a large extent.. And her low evade.... -.- don't even get me started, the input is so retarded it's not worth using it at all (IMO) as most of the time for me, it whiffs.

Her trait is always a nice way to end a small combo, or as stated in other responses, as a great wakeup. My wish is that it becomes un-clashable, that way it will be more useful in combos and ultimately, worth using the evade to achieve it.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Somewhat useful?!?! Starcharger don't be like that! The wakeup invinciblity is godlike. It's completely safe on block so it can be attached to any blockstring as a mixup of sorts. Annnnnnnnnnd......... http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/trait-does-35x-the-damage-of-a-blocked-normal.32172/

:)
Well I will admit that I didn't know that the trait was a decent wake up attack. I'll have to see about that in training mode tomorrow after my final. However, I saw your vid and with defensive tools like pushblock and clash at people's disposal, that makes her trait kaput. If it was buffed to surpass that then we'd be in there.