What's new

Tech - Ethereal [Ethereal] Mileena can be thrown out of her Fade invisibility/invincibility

Sami

Noob
Edit: this was tested on the Steam version

When holding down 2 to remain hidden after performing Fade/Fade Towards/Fade Away she is immune to all forms of attacks except for hits that come up "Throw" in training mode. This includes the regular throw (1+3), command throws such as Sonya's Military Stance 1, etc.

Easiest way to test is to pick a character and set reversal to Throw and then do f3~bf2. If you let go of the 2 immediately you will reappear safely but if you hold down the 2 you will reappear where you went invisible and get thrown.

Disclaimer: I have not tested it with all moves that hit as "Throw".

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Edit: this was tested on the Steam version

When holding down 2 to remain hidden after performing Fade/Fade Towards/Fade Away she is immune to all forms of attacks except for hits that come up "Throw" in training mode. This includes the regular throw (1+3), command throws such as Sonya's Military Stance 1, etc.

Easiest way to test is to pick a character and set reversal to Throw and then do f3~bf2. If you let go of the 2 immediately you will reappear safely but if you hold down the 2 you will reappear where you went invisible and get thrown.

Disclaimer: I have not tested it with all moves that hit as "Throw".
Yeah I found this out a couple of days ago. Good to make a topic on this to bring awareness as my comment will probably get lost in the General Discussion thread :)

You can avoid the throws but you have to release the button as soon as you see the start up animation of a throw/grab. However, that's basically a hard read so not always viable. Ethereal has some issues but still feel there is some hidden potential