What's new

Eternal Champions

How many of you remember Eternal Champions? From the first and its sequel?

How many do you wish if it was brought back? Would you want it a sequel, or a remake?

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I played it a couple times on my sega genesis when I was like 3. I liked it but I don't really remember it that much because I usually played MK2

TKB

Noob
This game was absolutely fucking AMAZING. One of my all time favorites. It's super hella broken though.

eolson3

Noob
At every major, I want a side tournament featuring a forgotten fighter. Eternal Champions, TMNT Tournament Fighters, Clay Fighters, Sonic the Fighters, Justice League Task Force...

E

I just researched the game and all I can tell is that it needs a reboot.

This time the main protagonist should be someone from our time.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Most impossible finishers in fighting game history. Fun game, though. I remember renting it a bunch of times. The only fighters I owned on Genesis were Fatal Fury (pretty blah), Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition (incredible) and Shaq-Fu (no comment needed).

I'd love to see this as a mystery game at some tournament.

This retro tech...wow.

TKB

Noob
Most impossible finishers in fighting game history. Fun game, though. I remember renting it a bunch of times. The only fighters I owned on Genesis were Fatal Fury (pretty blah), Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition (incredible) and Shaq-Fu (no comment needed).

This retro tech...wow.

Lol That was amazing

John Grizzly

Lol That was amazing
I watched the whole damn thing. It actually was a pretty decent video. They went through the whole cast and gave bread n butter combos for each. The damage is insane. I'm sure just about every character had a 100% combo that was pretty easy to execute.

trufenix

bye felicia
EC3 almost happened way back when on the Saturn, but Sega killed it for Virtua Fighter's sake. You got a better shot at Shadow turning up in a Sega All Stars racing game than an actual game now. Sad.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.

This retro tech...wow.
*youtube
Wow they actually had features that I thought were newer to fighting games back then. I mean hell I played the game when I was a kid, used Blade. Do most of those special moves at the end of these combos actually combo though? I don't doubt the close attacks, but the specials at the end look like they can be blocked. lol

John Grizzly

Wow they actually had features that I thought were newer to fighting games back then. I mean hell I played the game when I was a kid, used Blade. Do most of those special moves at the end of these combos actually combo though? I don't doubt the close attacks, but the specials at the end look like they can be blocked. lol
I thought the same thing about the divekick "combos" they were showing for Shadow. There looked to be no stun animation whatsoever so I can't imagine the divekick that happens 8,000 frames later would be guaranteed.

Either way...it's a fun watch.

trufenix

bye felicia
I haven't suffered through the entire vid, but almost nothing I skimmed by was legit. Jump ins and the occasional link, yes, but one of the first ECs major problems was that a lot of those multi hit moves were busted. You could spontaneously duck or block even on hit and then its lights out for the aggressor cause everything was horrible unsafe.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I kid you all not, my buddy and I were literally playing this on his Sega CD last week. We've been talking about it and whipped it out. Got drunk and played it for about 3 hours straight hahaha.

The concept is actually really cool, the character designs are neat, and the game is fun but insanely broken. It would probably do well with a reboot.

Xavier for life. I think last week I played Xavier VS Trident about 200 times hahaha.

Is anybody interested on how you can bring Eternal Champions back? Like what are your ideas? How it'll be in the same level as Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat?

TKB

Noob
Is anybody interested on how you can bring Eternal Champions back? Like what are your ideas? How it'll be in the same level as Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat?
I don't think it'll be at that level but you could do small side tourneys for it. It's super superrrr broken though lol.

I don't think it'll be at that level but you could do small side tourneys for it. It's super superrrr broken though lol.
Okay then... Street Fighter, Tekken or DOA (Dead or Alive)?

Since Sega is stuck with Virtua Fighter anyway.

How about another company like... Platinum Games? They can make their own first fighting game than Anarchy Reigns.

Oh who am I kidding, somebody make a petition that Sega should remake Eternal Champions again!

Reactions: TKB