What's new

Strategy ETC Mcfly - MK9 Punishing Kabal [Anti Wakeup Tech] Before EVO

Do you think this will improve our chances against Kabal?

• Amazing, this is new to me, just what I needed.

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Cool, though I do not think this will work, but I'll watch anyway

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • This is old and I use it.

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
ETC McFly has taken time to put together a video that instructs players on how to punish Kabal's Wake-Up attacks in Mortal Kombat 9, in the hopes that it will assist those who encounter Kabal players at Evolution 2013. If you have concerns about your ability to handle the gas-masked warrior, you may want to watch and study this video carefully.

EVO is just this Friday, so if you're planning to go and compete for MK9, make sure you're armed with all the knowledge and skill you need!

Many thanks to McFly for providing this tutorial.

STORMS GamerBlake90 GGA 16 Bit AK Pig Of The Hut x5STAR TONY-T GGA Dizzy Solid

Article edited by GamerBlake90

Attachments

Espio

Kokomo
That's hype, looking forward to seeing the rest of the cast and I'm curious to looking into anti-wake up stuff again myself.

Only concern I have is that training mode doesn't add on the extra invincibility frames that enhanced wake ups get in matches so I'm wondering about if it would work differently or you'd have to adjust timings.

Either way, really awesome and can't wait for more :).

i assume this only works for characters with specials that have very fast startup.

been trying with ermac and the timing on this is so insane because his lift is extremely slow compared to KL's spin.

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
i assume this only works for characters with specials that have very fast startup.

been trying with ermac and the timing on this is so insane because his lift is extremely slow compared to KL's spin.
I think it would depend more on the cancel advantage on hit of the normal you use

That's hype, looking forward to seeing the rest of the cast and I'm curious to looking into anti-wake up stuff again myself.

Only concern I have is that training mode doesn't add on the extra invincibility frames that enhanced wake ups get in matches so I'm wondering about if it would work differently or you'd have to adjust timings.

Either way, really awesome and can't wait for more :).

this. i've done a lot of these in practice (oh shit, awesome! this move avoids that wake-up, etc.) and then it comes to doing them in a real match and i get blown up (sadface). :oops:

in some cases moviemientos works with Normal and One with movements with armor, que character do you use?

mmm ... I have not tried. I need a partner to check that.
hola mate, I tryed some of those things, Kitana has a d1 cutter agasnt the dash, but it doenst work all the time, the bots wakeups have less invulnerable frames.

luis

WLK_FENIX
this work in offline!! even this can do it with liu kang and scorpion, but using a low move if is the normal dash in the wake up, against ex dash is more difficult, but its possible, nice job Mcfly

this work in offline!! even this can do it with liu kang and scorpion, but using a low move if is the normal dash in the wake up, against ex dash is more difficult, but its possible, nice job Mcfly

Gracias por apoyo amigo!!

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Good job dude, amazing as always. I use to see those moves sometimes at random input back in the days when i played Kabal.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
I've been doing this with Cyrax for quite a while actually. You do NOT need meter to beat Kabal's wake-ups. All you have to do is teleport at the exact moment Kabal does his wake-up dash. Kabal hits an invisible box and is stunned... Cyrax appears on the other side and has a free combo. The method in McFly's video is particular useful against Jax and Sonya (although no need for EX), but I find teleporting a better method against Kabal in particular.