What's new

Tech Escrima to staff combo, reverse wake ups and +adv for pressure

113~fury MB, b3, f3, 4~flying grayson.

This combo positions NW right next to their opponent and is safe from all wake ups including Corp Charge. NW is in range to full combo punish unsafe wake ups (if done with reverse inputs) or input errors from their opponent. In addition NW is a +adv to begin d1 staff pressure as I was unable to beat NW's d1 with another 6f d1. May be a few +adv frames.

Notes
  • The combo places NW in the corner if done from starting match position.
  • Doing another flying grayson allows NW to escape the corner from KF and goes over wake up slide.
  • Doing an immediate forward j2 allows NW to escape the corner from Hawkgirl and mace charge whiffs completely. Bonus: You can combo her on recovery =)
  • Doing an immediate staff spin trades with Hawkgirl mace charge.
  • Instead of doing the first 4~flying grayson after the f3 NW can do a meaty ground pound MB to blow up Batgirl cartwheel. Bonus: Doing regular ground pound recovers in time to punish teleport as teleport will catch the MB version.
There is much more to this just haven't been through it all. I left some testing for you guys, enjoy!

Credit to @KRYS9984 for testing assistance.

Last edited:

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
The only problem with this is that f3 into b3 or b3 into f3 and all other variarions produce a different splat each time you do them. For example, a b3 into an immediate f3 will result in a long splat, but if u b3 and wait til last second to f3 it produces a quick stand. the reason for this has to do with the odd gravity scaling of juggles in injustice

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The only problem with this is that f3 into b3 or b3 into f3 and all other variarions produce a different splat each time you do them. For example, a b3 into an immediate f3 will result in a long splat, but if u b3 and wait til last second to f3 it produces a quick stand. the reason for this has to do with the odd gravity scaling of juggles in injustice
Not a NW player just checking in

But the F3 quickstand is a near just-frame so more likely than not you will get the HKD

EMPEROR PRYCE

Not a NW player just checking in

But the F3 quickstand is a near just-frame so more likely than not you will get the HKD
no i know that, im saying that each splat is different. ok so say i do:

b3 and then do f3 10 frames AFTER b3's recovery. the splat will last 2 seconds (just a random number)

and then if i do

b3 and then do f3 15 frames AFTER b3's recovery. the splat will last 1.2 seconds (because the opponent is closer to the ground)

what im saying is, its not consistent. neither is my ground spark tech which is why i havent been using it often.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

b3 and then do f3 10 frames AFTER b3's recovery. the splat will last 2 seconds (just a random number)

and then if i do

b3 and then do f3 15 frames AFTER b3's recovery. the splat will last 1.2 seconds (because the opponent is closer to the ground)

what im saying is, its not consistent. neither is my ground spark tech which is why i havent been using it often.
Yea the splat length in HKD is relative to the height. This is for everyone.

and then if i do

This is not a quick stand setup. This is an escrima to staff combo with the objective of being in a position to pressure your opponent on wake up using staff stance. Reversing wake up inputs and being at advantage after the flying grayson are side effects.

EMPEROR PRYCE

This is not a quick stand setup. This is an escrima to staff combo with the objective of being in a position to pressure your opponent on wake up using staff stance. Reversing wake up inputs and being at advantage after the flying grayson are side effects.
i understand, im just saying that any b3 into f3 is always going to be a DIFFERENT splat timing. therefore unless u can hit it at the exact same time, at the same frame, everytime, it'll be inconsistent. im not saying the idea/tech is bad at all. im just saying, you'll have to become consistent with f3/b3 timing. the same reason why b3 into f3 dive bomb wit superman can cross up at times and other times not. even though your always doing the same inputs, the splat timing is different and therefore requires different timing to adjust. you get me??

i understand, im just saying that any b3 into f3 is always going to be a DIFFERENT splat timing. therefore unless u can hit it at the exact same time, at the same frame, everytime, it'll be inconsistent. im not saying the idea/tech is bad at all. im just saying, you'll have to become consistent with f3/b3 timing. the same reason why b3 into f3 dive bomb wit superman can cross up at times and other times not. even though your always doing the same inputs, the splat timing is different and therefore requires different timing to adjust. you get me??
I understand your point. This means the notes I listed may or may not work depending on the timing, such as doing another grayson to get out of the corner from KF or making HG's mace charge whiff. Luckily the flying grayson is safe regardless! =) =) =)