What's new

Guide - Summoner Escaping Quan Chi's Midscreen Reset (Summoner)

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
what if you do d3 instead of standing 3 to start the reset? the length of b2 would probably still catch a backdash wouldnt it?

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
what if you do d3 instead of standing 3 to start the reset? the length of b2 would probably still catch a backdash wouldnt it?
Upon further testing you can't escape the d3 version of the reset this way. You can still escape if they use the 4, njp or f21 variants however. So... Kinda good news? Only get 15% loops off of the d3 so not all that bad.

@Pig Of The Hut

Last edited:
I am glad people are thinking these are the hardest set ups to escape. Quan has got a way Way better ones and they are more foolproof than these.

DavS13

Noob
I don't think your doing the njp one correctly. Try sending the low bat before you jump, then njp see if it still works then.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I don't think your doing the njp one correctly. Try sending the low bat before you jump, then njp see if it still works then.
Yeah there's a lot of room for error on part of both the setup and the backdash. At the very least, you tend to get knocked down and out of the following trance if the backdash is mistimed.

Just wanted to give peoples ideas is all.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Upon further testing you can't escape the d3 version of the reset this way. You can still escape if they use the 4, njp or f21 variants however. So... Kinda good news? Only get 15% loops off of the d3 so not all that bad.

@Pig Of The Hut
I'm looking at this, and the standing 3 version shouldnt be escapable either. I'm setting it up to do B2 as soon as 3 hits, and you can not backdash. Are you sure you're doing this right?

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I'm looking at this, and the standing 3 version shouldnt be escapable either. I'm setting it up to do B2 as soon as 3 hits, and you can not backdash. Are you sure you're doing this right?
Yeah I did some further testing too and I think you're right, standing 3 can't be avoided either. It may only be the njp setup and possibly just due to my timing issues. Thought I was onto something so wanted to post out an idea that people could run with. Maybe not as good as I thought...