What's new

Strategy - Erron Black Erron Black's Knockdown & Oki Game (post 6-1-15 Hotfix)

Now hopefully from the nerfs erron got he wont get nerfed again i kinda feel he will , characters like these always get shit on

HaZed

Noob
Well this combos and setups are viable, Also new setups and ideas. In the second part will show the best anti air options and the third part will be a tribute, all combos for tribute are done.

Really Really cool stuff here, any tips for linking f24 into caltrops?

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Not at all, but an oki game is basically non-existant after tackle. Both EB and the opponent recover at roughly the same time if the opponent doesn't wake up. If the opponent does wakeup, EB has to dodge/block.
I Believe in the corner becasue of distance after tackle, you are +3

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I Believe in the corner becasue of distance after tackle, you are +3
You are definately plus, the frame data is wrong. If you go to practice mode and set the dummy to jump, do tackle and hold jump; youre plus. @HeroesNZ posted in another thread, but correct if Im wrong he tested plus 5 or 6 I think.

cambros22

You are definately plus, the frame data is wrong. If you go to practice mode and set the dummy to jump, do tackle and hold jump; youre plus. @HeroesNZ posted in another thread, but correct if Im wrong he tested plus 5 or 6 I think.
To add to that. Enhanced sand tackle might be plus 10 or more. I cant tell you how many matches I have closed out by enhancing sand tackle and following up with 21122 pressure. Best in the corner but I have thrown players off with it midscreen as well.

cambros22

You can't delay wake-ups though, right?
Yes the player can delay wakeup.
The reason why ex sand grenade is blowing up the spin is because its a 2 hitting move. You get hit by the low grenade and then shot launches for the second hit. Kung laos' spin armor soaks up the grenade low, but second hit launches which is why he gets blown up. There is a small gap between when the low grenade is shot into launcher so if opponent delays I doubt you could adjust accordingly; considering your committing to this setup in the first place.

Slowpoke

Noob
Yes the player can delay wakeup.
The reason why ex sand grenade is blowing up the spin is because its a 2 hitting move. You get hit by the low grenade and then shot launches for the second hit. Kung laos' spin armor soaks up the grenade low, but second hit launches which is why he gets blown up. There is a small gap between when the low grenade is shot into launcher so if opponent delays I doubt you could adjust accordingly; considering your committing to this setup in the first place.
Right, I meant a wakeup special, sorry. Because if they stay down and whiffs they still have a minute before they can do anything.

I might be retarded.

cambros22

Right, I meant a wakeup special, sorry. Because if they stay down and whiffs they still have a minute before they can do anything.

I might be retarded.
you can only do a wakeup special if you use your special move after knockdown. If you delay wakeup, you are instead standing up and then doing a armor special move. The difference between the two is that their is no invincibility frames between the stand up and wake up period while using a delayed wakeup. If you delay players can hit you during stand up and effectively stop a armor move from coming out at all or snuff it.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
It's a midscreen oki setup. When you do 21122 Sand Grenade it rolls towards them and if they tech roll and block it's pretty plus. If they get hit by the Sand Grenade for whatever reason you can actually run up and connect another 21122.
isnt the run up 21122 on the end of your combo, mb punishable on wakeup due to the hit box on it?

i find it easier to run up with F13, dat OH hits so quick i find it interupts most WU attacks.

but i love the EX sand grenade vs Armored WU's

cambros22

isnt the run up 21122 on the end of your combo, mb punishable on wakeup due to the hit box on it?

i find it easier to run up with F13, dat OH hits so quick i find it interupts most WU attacks.

Yes 21122 is punishable just like F13. If a player is doing a armor wakeup you usualy get punished for pressing. If your blowing up wakeups your opponent isnt using armor wakeups or they are delaying. 21122 has a much greater chance of being blowing up because of low profile moves. Low poke on standup if your not on top of your opponent doing the string.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015

You can't stuff armored wake ups in This game unless your Kung Jin or have some other fast multi hitting move.

cambros22

You can't stuff armored wake ups in This game unless your Kung Jin or have some other fast multi hitting move.
Ferra/Torr, liu kang and sonya are the few I know of that stuff armor wakeups
and raiden in Master of storms variation

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I've done it with err on black with ct and F132

EDIT: i was on my phone, and was having issues replying.

is whatim talking about is u can stuff MB WU.

i do it all the time, you have to time it right, if you record your gameplay of wakeups then take that video and slow it down you will notice there is a point where the character apperes standing before they tele or what ever thier special is.
this is the timing that you will have to have a move hit at the same time your string hits, 1 hit knocks off the armor the first hit of string stuffs and cancels thier ARmored WU.

Example: mileenas(standing 3), kung jin's (F3), Erron blacks(Caltrops+F132)its a good setup as well) and Kung lao tempest(DB1=hat spin+ F21D2)

those are ones i know for sure happen unless some of them have been removed by patches.

i know for sure i did EB's last night

Last edited:

InFlames

dead
If they get hit by the Sand Grenade for whatever reason you can actually run up and connect another 21122.
Could you record this? I couldn't get this to work at all since 21122 was always out of range, or is this only close to the corner?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Could you record this? I couldn't get this to work at all since 21122 was always out of range, or is this only close to the corner?
I found it by accident in a match about a month ago, I literally can't remember lol. If you can't get it to work midscreen then yeah, it was probably heading towards the corner