What's new

Question - Erron Black Erron Black vs GM Sub-Zero

I seem to have trouble against extremely pro sub zeros , not the main casual ones but the ones that really know how to punish/play grand master at a professional level.

I use outlaw so perhaps that's why I'm struggling to get in on all their strings to ice clone.

Any tips ? It seems that corner pressure is nearly impossible to get out unless you ex outta there.

Does marksmen fare better? Maybe I should master marksmen for this match up

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Marksman is better for this matchup since he can keep Sub-Zero at fullscreen and basically zone him out since Sub-Zero really only has Ice Ball to reach him. However, you still need to keep a lookout for this.

As for Outlaw, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Marksman is better for this matchup since he can keep Sub-Zero at fullscreen and basically zone him out since Sub-Zero really only has Ice Ball to reach him. However, you still need to keep a lookout for this.

As for Outlaw, I'm still trying to figure that one out myself.
Between Slide and block/run, whiff tactics, using his clone, SZ has plenty to get back in from full-screen.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
No see he is trying to slowly push you in the corner. Play the neutral game with him. He can't just keep ice cloning. Everytime he does, throw caltrops as a reversal down. If he tries to zone you with ice or tries to toss his clone, he will take more damage from stepping on traps. Its a 5-5 in My opinion

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Between Slide and block/run, whiff tactics, using his clone, SZ has plenty to get back in from full-screen.
Everyone in the game is able to use block/run to get in, though.

I meant that mainly as a way to trade hits. Erron in Marksman can deal with non-EX Slide without much of an issue with Low Shot, plus I've found that Ice clone is most effective when at close or midrange. I'll admit that I'm not really all that up-to-date with Subs' whiff tactics, though.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Everyone in the game is able to use block/run to get in, though.

I meant that mainly as a way to trade hits. Erron in Marksman can deal with non-EX Slide without much of an issue with Low Shot, plus I've found that Ice clone is most effective when at close or midrange. I'll admit that I'm not really all that up-to-date with Subs' whiff tactics, though.
if you are looking to trade, I think gunslinger is a much better option, with SOS4 being 2 hits. that way you can blow up clones and force them to block one of the shots.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
if u got cornered by a clone try throw an EX sand grenade. if youre lucky (sub must be close to his clone), it will hit both the clone and Sub. Sub will then hit to the air, rc and combo. of course if he's jump punching you probably eat his combo.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Gunslinger believe it or not is pretty effective against grandmaster. Multi hitting SOS 3 and 4 blow up clone and you can catch him in slide on a read with SOS 3.