What's new

Strategy Ermac's Force Dash

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
I was fooling around in training yesterday when i learned that ermac has a sort of enhanced dash that he can do by dashing and pressing 2 while dashing. I tried it out alittle online and it got me out of some tight situations with reptile saving me from being punished after a blown Tkp and Force life. This move can be very useful in saving yourself from a punish and creating space. If any of you know about this whats your opinion on it.

Pagan

Noob
I think what you are referring to is dash -> b2 -> dash. B2 can be cancelled on the first frame or close to allow Ermac to effectively double dash like before the patch. I was considering tossing a video up but I'm knackered.

The shortcut for back dash canceling is bb[2]b[2] etc. The backdash is only slightly faster than walking backwards however ffb[2]ff can often catch someone off guard such as with a surprise throw.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i do it purely for flash i havent used it practically before but it sounds so cool and coupled wit air blast ermac is a fireworks show

RedSpectre221

Ermac Apprentice
Yea the b2 dash is it i called it a force dash mainly because he flashes green when he does it but its very effective because most players dont see it coming but i mainly use it as a defense tactic.

zaf

professor
Just on a d4 hit (a blocked d4 wont give you advantage) dash in and charge b2 and cancel backwards/forwards/crossover.
If your opponent likes to hit you out of this, by canceling and dashing you can bait them and punish.

Ermacs b2 feints and iafb are highly underused.
Not a necessity to win with ermac, but the options are there.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, his B2 dash cancel is a great tactic to bait moves especially Raiden's superman lol. I love fooling people all the time. Same concept with Smoke's shake cancel, sometimes you can just do it and cancel it dash into throw :) it's a sneaky little tactic.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah but you have to be careful cause you cant block during the force dash though. So dont overuse it.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Sup guys, been working on Ermac in the lab lately and was curious if this was known.

If you back dash and then hold b2, it will automatically cancel the b2 and you're essentially doing 2 back dashes in one movement.

IE if you do a block string of b114, bbb2 you'll be at 3/4 screen distance and at the tip of TKP.

This can also be extremely useful vs cross ups and baiting whiffed jump in attacks in TKlift.

zaf

professor
i already use back dash lift to counter cross overs but i need to see this. might make doing this even more easier.

as for after b114 that is really nice space created but i need to test this out too.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah this is known. But dont overuse it cause during the dash cancel you cannot block. Good thinking using the backdash B2 cancel after a blocked B114 though. Nice stuff.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
You cannot block, but you can cancel that dash into any normal/special (d3 would be the best option as it has the smallest recovery of all his moves).

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
RapZiLLa54: You just gave me a very good idea Rap, regarding this but using a B2 dash cancel after the F114 string for mixups up close. Thnx for the video, good stuff.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
Sub's charged unblockable can be cancelled after 18 frames, whereas Ermac's after 6 frames (according to Somberness' fdata), so I doubt It'd be as fluid as Mac's and in general.

MKF30

You can actually cancel B2, then dash into block or you can B2 cancel into back or forward dash but if you do that you can't block.

Personally, I like doing it mid screen to far not up close unless you're going for his vortex different story.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
You can actually cancel B2, then dash into block or you can B2 cancel into back or forward dash but if you do that you can't block.
Yeah but the point is that it can be punished on reaction by fast normals and fast advancing specials though, so you must use it wisely.

MKF30

Yeah, I agree ^. That is why I only do it from a far, safe distance personally lol. Up close after a Knock down or something Ermac can easily eat a wake up or something fast(such as a fast normal or special attack)

zaf

professor
after a d4 on block or hit at max range this will be out of range of normals. some specials yes but just do this at a further range. outside sweep range how is this punishable besides a fast special, and on prediction. this doesnt get hit at that range on reaction.

if i need space and am outside sweep range this pushes me back further then a back dash and is relatively safe to do.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
after a d4 on block or hit at max range this will be out of range of normals. some specials yes but just do this at a further range. outside sweep range how is this punishable besides a fast special, and on prediction. this doesnt get hit at that range on reaction.

if i need space and am outside sweep range this pushes me back further then a back dash and is relatively safe to do.

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk 2
I was testing his force dash yesterday and maaaan... it takes so many frames before you are able to block its ridiculous. Like to the point where i wanted to stop even experimenting with it. Check it in practice

zaf

professor
yes it does take a while for you to be able to block.
but you can cancel into d3 and other normals as well to help

MKF30

Which is why this move should only be done from a safe distance lol. Takes forever to be able to block...