Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Kitana

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • kabal

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • other

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
cmon now.. You cant jus give up. You dont learn anything.
I've played the match tons of times and it always seems like an uphill battle for me. Kung Lao just seems impossible to space out to me. He's too damn mobile and hard to get a good read on. Most of the times I attempt to punish that prick I end up getting counter punished myself lol. That bastid has some solid ass footsies and a shit ton of options to get in and rape ermac.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nope there are sometimes that his teleport kick cant be punished at all. That is if he does the teleport while jumping and being in the highest hight when he does the teleport. This allows him for a safe teleport which cant be punished thus jailing you after you block the kick. His EX can be punished but it requires extremely good timing.
I do it all the time, it's very possible. Just time the D1, into TKS. Now like I said, if KL does his Kick you're right it's either eat the hit or block it which I've stated earlier ;) I tested this out offline with my friends and have done it online too. Of course naturally it's FAR more difficult online due to the lag and delay..it's inconsistent

His enhanced teleport is bs imo, KL's that is...since it can't be punished majority of the time. That is one move I don't get why they didn't nerf, I mean he's teleporting 3 times around you, did they really have to add armor to it? lol More times then not it's a free hit for KL

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I do it all the time, it's very possible. Just time the D1, into TKS. Now like I said, if KL does his Kick you're right it's either eat the hit or block it which I've stated earlier ;) I tested this out offline with my friends and have done it online too. Of course naturally it's FAR more difficult online due to the lag and delay..it's inconsistent

His enhanced teleport is bs imo, KL's that is...since it can't be punished majority of the time. That is one move I don't get why they didn't nerf, I mean he's teleporting 3 times around you, did they really have to add armor to it? lol More times then not it's a free hit for KL

You dont get what i m saying m8. When KL jumps to you or away from you, if he teleports at the highest altitude of the jump and teleports 3 then you dont have enough time to d1 him to lift. The kick comes out too fast for you to punish it. If you try to do it you ll get punished by his 3. Which means that, in this current situation his teleport 3 is safe simply because he cant get punished. Your only option from there IMO is to jump backwards and get hit by his kick to avoid being pressured if you choose to block it instead.

MKF30

lol, I get what you're saying but I'm not sure you're see what I mean here, I'm not referring to once KL does his kick since by that time you're right it's too late, but rather before he does it. Once he does the normal teleport before doing any of the 3 moves, he can be punished...The timing is crucial but I've done it a few times....just the regular single one that is, NOTE: not the ex version ...

There's also another trick you can do which nobody ever talks about, but again here on his normal teleport(doesn't matter which move he does in it) but if you time it right, Jump at the same time and do the air blast, it'll stuff out KL completely from the air...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I have to give it to Kabal.
He's got more methods to take Ermac to task than the rest of them do.
Although he has an advantage over all 4 in that they all need meter more than he does, except maybe Kitana.

Kung Lao, to me, is a giant rabbit chase, and Mac is the rabbit.
Like running from an Agent in the fuckin' Matrix.
Fighting him up-close oftentimes turns into a beating.
But if you can get him to chase you into the right trap, he's open season.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
lol, I get what you're saying but I'm not sure you're see what I mean here, I'm not referring to once KL does his kick since by that time you're right it's too late, but rather before he does it. Once he does the normal teleport before doing any of the 3 moves, he can be punished...The timing is crucial but I've done it a few times....just the regular single one that is, NOTE: not the ex version ...

There's also another trick you can do which nobody ever talks about, but again here on his normal teleport(doesn't matter which move he does in it) but if you time it right, Jump at the same time and do the air blast, it'll stuff out KL completely from the air...

Nope sorry thats not correct. While KL does his teleport in the highest altitude the 3 comes out from the ground which enables him to punish whatever you do. In other words its completely safe. Only way to punish it is with X-RAY which isnt worth it or armored moves which Ermac doesnt have. Ask any high lvl KL player and he ll tell you the same. The air blast is also another very good way to stop him from pressuring you with teleports, i ll agree to that.

MKF30

Actually it is correct, just ask anyone who's played my Ermac honestly and they'll all tell you I've done everything I've said. I've done it several times dude lol daily to KL's online. I've played Ermac since day one, I know the character like the back of my hand...with all due respect. If you can't do it, you're doing something wrong with the timing because I do it all the time. Now, am I saying that's the only way to deal with KL's teleport? Not at all...I've known about the air blast since the first week and have been using it ever since, besides uppercuts, D1, you can even snatch KL out of the air with reverse TKS(but I won't try this since the timing is ridiculous) , it's probably one of Ermac's safest methods though by doing the air blast.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Actually it is correct, just ask anyone who's played my Ermac honestly and they'll all tell you I've done everything I've said. I've done it several times dude lol daily to KL's online. I've played Ermac since day one, I know the character like the back of my hand...with all due respect. If you can't do it, you're doing something wrong with the timing because I do it all the time. Now, am I saying that's the only way to deal with KL's teleport? Not at all...I've known about the air blast since the first week and have been using it ever since, besides uppercuts, D1, you can even snatch KL out of the air with reverse TKS(but I won't try this since the timing is ridiculous) , it's probably one of Ermac's safest methods though by doing the air blast.

All right then. Since you insist so much about this i ll take your word for it but i m pretty sure some times its safe. But i will test more thoroughly.

MKF30

@Metzos, it's all good dude. ;) I always find your posts helpful. You're a cool, respectful guy , is we may be referring to two different things entirely but hey, we all learn something new every day right? :) I noticed you did something I don't do much many months ago that I did a few times here and there but it does come in handy with the TKS, dash, uppercut into TKP. That's a good trick to get them away in the TKP.

One thing I like to do is jump, do the air blast near the ground and buffer into the TKP. This trick works great against Sub's who hide behind clones and try to dash in lol. His TKP can be implemented in so many ways it really is mind boggling when combined with tactics and mind games.

But at any rate, we both agree that KL's teleport is nonsense online at times and inconsistent. Offline so much easier to deal with.

@charielie, yeah I was about to ask you the same thing dude lol. "Walk" out of it? Wouldn't you get hit if you did that though? There are times I've ducked it and jumped back or as Metzos said, backdashed but the way you worded it "walk out" .

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
@Metzos, it's all good dude. ;) I always find your posts helpful. You're a cool, respectful guy , is we may be referring to two different things entirely but hey, we all learn something new every day right? :) I noticed you did something I don't do much many months ago that I did a few times here and there but it does come in handy with the TKS, dash, uppercut into TKP. That's a good trick to get them away in the TKP.

One thing I like to do is jump, do the air blast near the ground and buffer into the TKP. This trick works great against Sub's who hide behind clones and try to dash in lol. His TKP can be implemented in so many ways it really is mind boggling when combined with tactics and mind games.

But at any rate, we both agree that KL's teleport is nonsense online at times and inconsistent. Offline so much easier to deal with.

@charielie, yeah I was about to ask you the same thing dude lol. "Walk" out of it? Wouldn't you get hit if you did that though? There are times I've ducked it and jumped back or as Metzos said, backdashed but the way you worded it "walk out" .

There is a little trick hiding behind dash uppercut TKP after a lift. Its called reverse breaker command. What i mean by that is when you uppercut your opponent, the uppercut is a cross-up uppercut, which means he must break it from the opposite side of the screen in order to escape it. Dunno if anyone else knew that though cause i havent seen it anywhere. I could be wrong though. But its useful sometimes.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
There is a little trick hiding behind dash uppercut TKP after a lift. Its called reverse breaker command. What i mean by that is when you uppercut your opponent, the uppercut is a cross-up uppercut, which means he must break it from the opposite side of the screen in order to escape it. Dunno if anyone else knew that though cause i havent seen it anywhere. I could be wrong though. But its useful sometimes.
Yep, just like Rains uppercut combo.

MKF30

Oh there's the quote thingy lol. This update have to get used to.

Yeah, I've noticed the hitbox on it seems like a crossover from the other side lol. Which is cool, I use it sometimes. No as much as you, guess you can say I have my own methods which also work. We all have our own unique style with each character so I've noticed, although I swear every KL, Reptile player seems repetitive imo lol. Maybe it's just me and LK too, everyone goes for that same combo with him. I love using Ermac's wake up TKP on Raiden's superman, it just snags him lol. I pissed off this one guy other day from England, he was like "how is he doing that I'm doing superman" lol