What's new

General/Other Ermac - Vita vs Console

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I've encountered a strange issue... where I would think that I would have less trouble on the comparably huge console controller to the Vita buttons and d-pad.... I'm able to do JK/TP combos much easier on the Vita...

On the console, so far today, I realized doing lift, uppercut, push is my best option...

I really hope this is just temporary... lol... maybe I need to crack my fingers... :(

Lol practice for 30 minutes ,and I bet you start doing them just as easy on the console as you do the vita. I still don't feel confident enough to try double JK combos in real matches especially online.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hmm i was thinking this thread was going to be about another found backlash from the jax corner combo nerf.
anyways..

good those tiny ass buttons are good for something i guess,
did u get that holster thing that makes the vita "feel like" you holding ps3 pad?

i have trouble with the jk tele combos in general at times though

sidenote:very jealous i cant use mileena's mk2 kostume that i dont have a vita :(

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Lol practice for 30 minutes ,and I bet you start doing them just as easy on the console as you do the vita. I still don't feel confident enough to try double JK combos in real matches especially online.
yeah, me neither... fucking Metzos and his good damage. :( lol

Until I have it DOWN... likely I'll just be doing uppercuts when it matters. Zone. Repeat.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!

Until I have it DOWN... likely I'll just be doing uppercuts when it matters. Zone. Repeat.
Trust me, once you master cancelling jump kicks into specials, a whole plethora of max damage Bnb's become available for a large portion of the cast. Scorpion, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Sektor, Liu Kang etc.

zaf

professor
if you want good damage without double jk tele combos use b21~lift combos.
you will need to hit this off a jip and get used to the timing or you will need to use this strictly for punishes
ex: any character with a rollout animation after a teleport. Like scorpions.

If you want to learn the double jk tele combos and get them down, watch the other character and time the kicks accordingly with the placing of the character you are hitting. You dont need to dash to even do them, dashing does help but its not mandatory.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
if you want good damage without double jk tele combos use b21~lift combos.
you will need to hit this off a jip and get used to the timing or you will need to use this strictly for punishes
ex: any character with a rollout animation after a teleport. Like scorpions.

If you want to learn the double jk tele combos and get them down, watch the other character and time the kicks accordingly with the placing of the character you are hitting. You dont need to dash to even do them, dashing does help but its not mandatory.
B2B1 not B21. B21 doesnt do that much dmg.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

I m gonna try and find any good damaging combos (up to 40% dmg) without jk tp's Storms. But in the end you still gotta use them to maximize your dmg. Its unavoidable.

A good combo that comes in my mind is : jp B21F2 tp dash 22 TKS dash B12F1 dash TKP. I think it does 45% dmg. Another one is jp B34 tp dash 22 TKS dash B12F1 dash TKP. I think it does 40% dmg.

zaf

professor
When i said b21, I meant B2b1. I didn't know there was another follow up after b2 o.o

EDIT: I have a vita with me and im messing around. I checked his move list and its the move called Lost souls. It is actually B2 + 1 + f2. So the punish would be correct as b21 =P

zaf

professor
Storms try practicing this combo. It will really help you get the timing better.

b34~teleport
jk~teleport (jump as soon as you can without dashing, and watch the opponent characters positioning)
d1~tks
dash B12f1
dash tkp

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
When i said b21, I meant B2b1. I didn't know there was another follow up after b2 o.o

EDIT: I have a vita with me and im messing around. I checked his move list and its the move called Lost souls. It is actually B2 + 1 + f2. So the punish would be correct as b21 =P
Yeah i just corrected you cause B21 does not do as much dmg as B2B1 does.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
jP, B1, 2, F1 - Force Port >> 2 / Lift >> B1, 2, F1 >> Force Push for 43% 0 Bars.

For no meter it's pretty flashy and damaging. Trying to work on some variations...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
jP, B1, 2, F1 - Force Port >> 2 / Lift >> B1, 2, F1 >> Force Push for 43% 0 Bars.

For no meter it's pretty flashy and damaging. Trying to work on some variations...
jp B12F1 tp dash 22 TKS dash B12F1 dash TKP does 45% dmg. 22 TKS can be done but the dash must be really deep. This combo before the latest patch did 49% dmg without meter.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
jp B12F1 tp dash 22 TKS dash B12F1 dash TKP does 45% dmg. 22 TKS can be done but the dash must be really deep. This combo before the latest patch did 49% dmg without meter.
The timing is too tough to be practical though...for all I know it could be stance specific...