What's new

Strategy Ermac Frame Data

zaf

professor
If you jump in punch someone, and use 3,1 they can not crouch block the 1. They are jailed blocking this.
So with JIPs there is no downside to this string. Same thing goes for 121. They are jailed and have to stand block the first hit. Once again no downside to using this with JIP. The downside is when you do this normally. Then you can be hit out.
B34 however does not jail and it can be ducked under with a JIP still. Its really only good if someone stays stand blocking.
B34 has its place, its the weakest out of his strings but there is still use for it. If you jip 3,1 you are at frame 0. You can use b34 to surpise your opponent and try and hit them out of what they were doing. Which is why i said to mix up between the strings. Pokes will win against b34, but if you know your opponent is going to poke, then dont b34 do something else. Theres no harm in using b34 and just seeing how your opponent reacts to it.

Also, you might of forgotten, but there are characters in the game that have higher hitboxes meaning they can not duck under the 1 in 31. You dont even need jip against these characters.

F2 has its place. You can use it after the f4 reset to make this more safe. F4 grants 13 frames of advantage meaning the f2 has to be beaten by a move that is 7 frames or faster. Will your opponent always be able to react to this after a reset and punish it every time? If you even suspect they will try and poke this out after a reset, just tks them.
You say to use f114, but it is really only best in this same situation with a reset where you can guarentee it going unpunished. A move 5 frames or faster would have to beat this.

However you are terribly mistaken about f114. If you JIP then do this string, it can be crouch blocked and punished.
I do not think you tested this. JIP grants 12 frames of advantage and this comes out on frame 18, on paper you can see that it wont even work lol

Frames ending in 0 are really useful. Trying playing a Mileena and constantly getting attacked with 0 frame strings into poke after poke

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
F1 1 4 jails. Once they block the first hit, your opponent is stuck standing, they CANNOT duck even if they let go of block. If you link it off a JIP (which, need I remind you, is one of the situations where I recommend it), there IS no way to duck the string, because the JIP jails them standing for the first hit as well.

You really need to test again that m8. I m saying about F114. It does not jail after a Jp. Opponent has time to crouch after the blocked jp cause F1 has a very slow startup. Tested it just today. Get your facts straight. Ermac has pressure IF you know how to use it. You arent saying anything new here. F2 isnt good ? Ok whatever you say. And i m gonna agree with THTB here. Strings being at 0 frames arent bad.

EDIT: Also B3 is special cancelable. Why all this hostility towards Kamikaze m8 ? He is only trying to rep up his character nothing else.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So you can poke the second 1 from f114 when done on the ground or from a jip?

If its done from a jp yeah you can poke it. If its done from the ground tbh i havent tested if it jails but even it does F1 is so slow the opponent will see it coming and crouch block it. But i dont think it jails even from the ground. I m gonna need to test it again when i meet with my friends.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
So what if you use this to your advantage? For ex, what if you mix up jip f1, d1 levitate or like jip f1 then 31

What about jip 22? Does that jail? It's safe and has real good pushback.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
So what if you use this to your advantage? For ex, what if you mix up jip f1, d1 levitate or like jip f1 then 31

What about jip 22? Does that jail? It's safe and has real good pushback.

Even if you only do F1 after a jp opponent still has time to down poke you. F1 doesnt jail after a jp like i ve said. Before you even do a d1 the opponent will down poke your f1 leaving you at a disadvantage.

charlieonline

I see. So what is the best jip string to use?

BTW is Ermac able to dash in and attack or must all his damage come from jips or specials?

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I see. So what is the best jip string to use?

BTW is Ermac able to dash in and attack or must all his damage come from jips or specials?
people will try and make you believe that ermac is only truly on the offensive by doin jips to combos. I kno most, if not all of us, have been plagued into constantly jiping to start combos. But ermac can be an awesome counterer and he can punish most anything. Dash d1 used as pressure, along with other pokes, can also be effective instead of jumping in, because it gets your opponent to stop blocking and poke back. Be patient and learn with mac, u will find your own offensive tactics that dont adhere to jiping first

Reactions: zaf

charlieonline

Are you sure u4 is +4 on block? Your opponent can jump before you.

And Ermac's sweep is +2 on block ?? That's pretty cool.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Training mode is pretty garbage in this game. Based on how accurate Somberness's entire body of work has been across this entire site, I'd trust him over training mode.

zaf

professor
I would also trust somberness over training mode.
I have tried to do things with u4 with a friend, such as trying to get poked and poke out myself after u4 with d1 and d3. I appear to be able to always get first hit whether it be on hit or block.

However this i find weird, tested with a mileena player, after f2, she was always able to d4 me before i could hit her with my d4.
Am i just doing this wrong lol?

Skkra

Crazy hitbox stuff? Maybe the hitbox starts early on the attack and extends out really far? I mean, we are still in agreement that as of right now the Somberness frame data is correct, right?

I wish this game had frame information displayed like Tekken's practice mode, where your character literally changes color while in frame freeze. Makes it SO easy to count frames when you slow the game down.

zaf

professor
Yea mk training officially sucks.

The thing is after u4 and f2, both moves leave ermac at +4.
So if I do d4 ( which hits on frame 12), The opponent would need to use a move 8 frames or faster to trade/hit with me correct?

The thing is, even after the u4 and f2, mileena is able to hit me with d4 before i can hit her.
maybe it's because she is hitting me as i extend to her?

I will definitely need to test this again.

Also, does this mean that u4 on block into d1 is uninterpretable? ( besides super armor/xray)
with the same logic, u4 being +4 on block, means that the opponent needs to beat my d1 with a 2 frame move ? which does not exist

Skkra

Awww. Sad face. That overhead being +4 on block was the only thing that made it seem great. -4 is safe at least, but thats a shame. F+2 is definitely +4 though, right?

zaf

professor
Im sad now but at least I know why I couldnt poke after

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk