What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac Fighting Style speculation/wishlist

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
What 3 different styles do you guys think he will have?
I think it's safe to assume that TKP, TKL, fireball & teleport are going to be present in all styles.

I'm assuming one style will be concentrating on his telekinetic abilities where he might get something more than his TKP and TKL. Maybe hits ala Kenshi since I doubt Kenshi is in the game.

Another might have his axe incorporated as a weapon he can use.

A third might be some kind of Air-specialized style where moves like his teleport, air blast and buttslam are more explored and play a big role in combos

What do you guys think?

@Metzos @zaf @Big D @All ermac lovers :D

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
They could go a lot of directions with him. They already introduced a couple new ideas with Quan such as summoning demons and utilizing his nether portals (@STB Shujinkydink called it months ago). I could see push and lift being universal, teleports/butt slam cancels being part of a counter zoning variation, and then probably something new. The window is open for more psychic based stuff, which could potentially give him a strong footsie game since B2B1 can hit from a decent distance. His Axe would be a cool addition, but like we've seen from other chatacters (Quan, Scorpion, Kotal) it may only apply to 1-2 normals or 1-2 specials.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I made a very similar thread in the MK9 Ermac section.

I believe my guesses were similar as to what variations Ermac would have, but I predicted a buff/enchantment type variation. Stuff like using his souls to increase speed, power, etc.

I think it would be awesome if he had a soul shield, similar to Sub-Zero's frost armor, that warps the opponents time. The time warp meaning that the opponents moves have an extra frame or two at the end, making them more easily punished.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
I made a very similar thread in the MK9 Ermac section.

I believe my guesses were similar as to what variations Ermac would have, but I predicted a buff/enchantment type variation. Stuff like using his souls to increase speed, power, etc.

I think it would be awesome if he had a soul shield, similar to Sub-Zero's frost armor, that warps the opponents time. The time warp meaning that the opponents moves have an extra frame or two at the end, making them more easily punished.
Or, it could be used as a parry. One of Ermac's biggest issues is against heavy pressure, at least in MK9. A 6 frame "soul parry" would be awesome.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
@zaf @Big D
For sure he's in. A concept art was released and his Pest control fatality was rated as the 3rd best in MK history, people love Error macro! Im sure they'll include him, at least 99.5% sure lol

@Barrogh
In a perfect world, I agree with you but then they would do that to all characters and if they want to introduce some variability in strategy, they would make it a bit less so clear cut i think.

@Ray'sGoodLiquor
Or maybe they could give him armor and better pokes?

Slam/fireball/teleport generic

Zoner- Push and TK normals
Classic- Combo focused like UMK3 mac. Normals that launch better for combos.
Traps/setup- Focused around TK slam ala deception ermac. More options out of the stance and more ways to setup unfavorable situation.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Heres an example of one of Ermac's variations that I would like to see:

Soulmaster (Defensive)

Loses ability for Telekinetic Lift, but gains the following:
  • Soul Shield: At the expense of the run meter and one segment of the "super" bar, Ermac wraps himself in harvested souls, granting Ermac a 3-second window to absorb one hit or projectile from the enemy.
  • Telekinetic Push is altered (I am naming this move "Soul Riser")
    • The push is converted from one universal input to three (close, medium, and far).
    • Ermac sends skulls from the ground to the desired distance, knocking the enemy back (does not cause a knockdown). EX version knocks them into the air. *Think of this move as similar to Raven's "pillars" when her trait is activated.*
    • Grants ability to use Soul Driver for 5 seconds (See below)
  • Ermac's teleport remains the same.
  • Soul Driver: Allows Ermac to forcefully slam the enemy to the ground. Can only be done if the enemy that is airborn due to Ex SR (mentioned above).
Due to the excessive souls needed to maintain a safe distance in this variation, Ermac moves at a slower speed than his other variations (walk speed).

What do you guys think?

*****Obviously I am just giving my opinion, and since I would love to see this is a possibility to be taken seriously, I tried to keep it balanced!

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
In a perfect world, I agree with you but then they would do that to all characters and if they want to introduce some variability in strategy, they would make it a bit less so clear cut i think.
Don't mind me, I was just making fun of devs who are doing pretty much that to half of the cast at this point ;)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Heres an example of one of Ermac's variations that I would like to see:

Soulmaster (Defensive)

Loses ability for Telekinetic Lift, but gains the following:
  • Soul Shield: At the expense of the run meter and one segment of the "super" bar, Ermac wraps himself in harvested souls, granting Ermac a 3-second window to absorb one hit or projectile from the enemy.
  • Telekinetic Push is altered (I am naming this move "Soul Riser")
    • The push is converted from one universal input to three (close, medium, and far).
    • Ermac sends skulls from the ground to the desired distance, knocking the enemy back (does not cause a knockdown). EX version knocks them into the air. *Think of this move as similar to Raven's "pillars" when her trait is activated.*
    • Grants ability to use Soul Driver for 5 seconds (See below)
  • Ermac's teleport remains the same.
  • Soul Driver: Allows Ermac to forcefully slam the enemy to the ground. Can only be done if the enemy that is airborn due to Ex SR (mentioned above).
Due to the excessive souls needed to maintain a safe distance in this variation, Ermac moves at a slower speed than his other variations (walk speed).

What do you guys think?

*****Obviously I am just giving my opinion, and since I would love to see this is a possibility to be taken seriously, I tried to keep it balanced!
Very interesting style! I do have a few questions:

1. Is the soul shield essentially like Jade's invincibility?
2. Could you use the soul driver if the enemy is just jumping at you? Or does it have to be in conjunction with SR? I'm asking because then how is ermac suppose to punish or combos that do more than like 15%?
3. Is the SR like Shangs' ground skulls but without the knock down? (I don't play injustice)

Big D

Very interesting style! I do have a few questions:

1. Is the soul shield essentially like Jade's invincibility?
2. Could you use the soul driver if the enemy is just jumping at you? Or does it have to be in conjunction with SR? I'm asking because then how is ermac suppose to punish or combos that do more than like 15%?
3. Is the SR like Shangs' ground skulls but without the knock down? (I don't play injustice)

1. More or less, yeah. Except it will only absorb 1 hit or 1 projectile, not all incoming attacks for a certain period of time.

2. Think of it as a combo starter from anywhere on the screen. If you hit the opponent with Ex SR to pop them in the air, you can teleport behind and continue with a series of block strings (whichever would be most necessary, depending on the strings that NRS gives him) and end with SD. Being that your options after the teleport will be unfortunately limited, SD would be designed to do a substantial amount of damage. If I were in charge of its properties, I would have SD do atleast 5% of the opponents health (unscaled).

3. I would relate it more to Skarlets daggers in that they pushback, but the actual placement of where the Soul comes from can be similar to Shang's ground skulls.

Big D

Sorry, why are we basing buffs off of his mk9 version?
Welcome to TYM, the site where posts like "I wish his *insert MK9 string here* is 3 frames better on block in MKX" are the norm.
I seriously doubt this was directed at me, but just in case...

What you two said was "interesting." I didnt mention anything about his old string or moves being buffed. I am considering that as a character who has been in numerous MK titles, the idea of his special moves has been somewhat consistent. It seems like both of you should read things a bit more closely. I would understand if I said "MAN ONLY IF HIS 121 STRING HIT MID. KEEP EVERYTHING ELSE THE SAME." But no, that's not remotely the case.

And for the record, I dont think anyone else is asking for a replica of MK9 Ermac either.

TL;DR
Don't be so quick to respond without reading.

Error

DF2+R2
I seriously doubt this was directed at me, but just in case...

What you two said was "interesting." I didnt mention anything about his old string or moves being buffed. I am considering that as a character who has been in numerous MK titles, the idea of his special moves has been somewhat consistent. It seems like both of you should read things a bit more closely. I would understand if I said "MAN ONLY IF HIS 121 STRING HIT MID. KEEP EVERYTHING ELSE THE SAME." But no, that's not remotely the case.

And for the record, I dont think anyone else is asking for a replica of MK9 Ermac either.

TL;DR
Don't be so quick to respond without reading.
Someone said he already had a 6 frame d1 so he only needs armor for pressure, and technically this whole thread is useless as it's just a wishlist for a game that's already planned out, so every post here can be useless.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Why are we speculating about his fighting styles before we know he's in the game? Shit, I thought I missed something and Boon confirmed him or something.

Now I'm disappointed. =(

Big D

Someone said he already had a 6 frame d1 so he only needs armor for pressure, and technically this whole thread is useless as it's just a wishlist for a game that's already planned out, so every post here can be useless.
Looks like I missed that part..but a thread isnt useless just because its a wishlist. Its just fans of the character sharing what they would like to see if Ermac makes the final cut. Obviously a game is "already planned out," but that does not mean in any way that a character cant have a wishlist, and it DEFINITELY does not mean that he isnt in MKX since he isnt announced yet. Nothing useless about this thread IMO, but you're entitled to yours.

Why are we speculating about his fighting styles before we know he's in the game?
Its a "Speculation Wishlist," according to the title of the thread. So I took it as more of a "What Would You Like to see" kind of thread.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Idk but he better be in the fucking game, the concept art is circling around they have something to work with that.

to be honest ermac is kinda weird in mk9. he is technically a zoner, but not so much. zoner with a biggest raw damage output out there.
i just want some nice zoning tools in one of the variations, something nasty like freddzys zoning tools.
i wouldnt mind melee variation with big combos, and ffs, 1 armored move - PLEASE NSR.