What's new

Ermac Data

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
Some data and facts I've collected:

Armor: Ex BF2 (Not mentioned in movelist)

Attributes:
+Standard Health
+Disjointed attacks
+Every string has meterless launching routes
+Very decent walk speed
+Fast, choppy dashes that burst at the beginning of the animation. This gives him wild wavedash potential.
+Main Mid (B24) tool is a safe, two-part confirm, gapless, has a safe extension, vacuums in on block.
+Unique Grab Animation that will knowledge check.
+Buff makes this character tanky
+Really solid sweep thats neutral on block, sends ermac forward, and has no pushback
+BF3 has a lingering anti-air hitbox that reaches behind him and launches all while lowering Ermacs hurtbox.

-Anti Air game is mediocre outside of ExBF2 & BF3. And BF3 is slow at i20
-One of the slower buff activations/recoveries. [Its slower than Nitara, Ashrah, Shao, Tanya, etc]
-Armor move is a high.
-Relatively low damage
-No projectile or anti-projectile attacks
-Outside of BF2 range options become limited: kameo/dash in/teleport
-Despite their being 8 variations of Teleport, they can all be stand blocked and punished. No mix ups, no additonal hits, no flight shenanigans. Making this a combo/yolo tool.
Note: The air version can be floated or quick punished on landing.

Deaths Embrace:
-7 second duration
-Normal meter gain while active for all offensive maneuvers.
-Chips away at meter on block.
- 1bar of meter ≈ 14-18%
Note: This means that theoretically Ermac can block 55% combo damage

Ermac Dash Cancels:
-Be aware that any move that has more than 1 active frame (all of Ermacs) can have varying frame data if it hits during a later active frame.

The amount of frames you have to dash and link after these strings:

1 = +17
12 = +18
2 = +23
F2 = +15
S4 = +17

On block
Assumes airtight cancel and attack.

1 = -1
12 = -1
2 = -2
21 = 0
F2 = -1
S4 = -1

Confession: The block cancels could potentially be off by +/-1. I found 2 formulas to calculate the block cancel advantage but 1 is always +1 over the other. To be honest I dont know which of the two is correct because it's hard to tell if I did a perfect dash cancel into quickest possible button press. That's why i could not definitively test it. Can anyone potentially help?

Last edited:
I don't think any of his cancels are plus except for 1 ( stand 3). This is for both regular and ex. I just tested to see if I could trade stand 1s with ai and could not. Could be a skill issue, but I think normal cancel is -1 and ex cancel is 0. Both might be -1 tho

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Confirms that @UghGetOuttaHere's findings are pretty much spot on

Also for anyone who's wondering why they're all -20+ when you do them in practice, the frames don't stop being counted at the beginning of the dash, but at the end. So you have cancel the dash into a crouch on the first possible frame and then you'll get the right number. Was hella confused by this yesterday :confused: