What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [EO Beta] Ferra/Torr Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I had no clue they said this was the last update. Well hopefully they get it right. But I don't see why they'd put on all this work and still just stop. I mean they put in more than they usually do.
It's already gonna be almost a year by the time KP2 releases. They're probably moving on to the next game. They would never admit that for political reasons so they just say this is the last one.

The only hope is that there is still time between now and March 1st for adjustments. No one agrees with these Ferra/Torr changes. Even F/T players are calling it insane which is a rarity on TYM for the own main's of the character to call it out. I have no idea why NRS thought this was a good idea when everyone else can see how overboard this is.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It's already gonna be almost a year by the time KP2 releases. They're probably moving on to the next game. They would never admit that for political reasons so they just say this is the last one.

The only hope is that there is still time between now and March 1st for adjustments. No one agrees with these Ferra/Torr changes. Even F/T players are calling it insane which is a rarity on TYM for the own main's of the character to call it out. I have no idea why NRS thought this was a good idea when everyone else can see how overboard this is.
I agree with them. :DOGE

E

Eldriken

NRS has never said that. People just assumed and it grew into, "they said." No they did not. Next time someone says that ask for a citation.
Paulo said it on a stream. Someone took a screenshot of it, but I don't know who. I saw it myself. He said that this was the last update unless bug fixes and such are needed.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Paulo said it on a stream. Someone took a screenshot of it, but I don't know who. I saw it myself. He said that this was the last update unless bug fixes and such are needed.
When you try to tell people all the upcoming changes in early January, some argue with you that there's no way you can know and stop making it up. No matter what you tell them they stay in denial. Fast forward and everything is exactly as was told to them, and they move on like nothing happened.

Some people are just gonna be in denial until it happens, regardless of what you say.

E

Eldriken

When you try to tell people all the upcoming changes in early January, some argue with you that there's no way you can know and stop making it up. No matter what you tell them they stay in denial. Fast forward and everything is exactly as was told to them, and they move on like nothing happened.

Some people are just gonna be in denial until it happens, regardless of what you say.
Well, I really wish I remember who posted it or where so I could show it to him for reference. I'm not usually the type of person to tell someone something is true without being able to back it up further than "I saw it myself."

Maybe someone else who comes in here and sees this part of the discussion will be able to post it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well, I really wish I remember who posted it or where so I could show it to him for reference. I'm not usually the type of person to tell someone something is true without being able to back it up further than "I saw it myself."

Maybe someone else who comes in here and sees this part of the discussion will be able to post it.
Some of us already know it's true because we literally saw Paulo say it lol. Not one person, multiple people. If that isn't enough then they'll find out eventually like they did with the patch changes.

E

Eldriken

Some of us already know it's true because we literally saw Paulo say it lol. Not one person, multiple people. If that isn't enough then they'll find out eventually like they did with the patch changes.
I just went through all 50+ pages of the beta balance changes thread to see if it's posted there and nope. Now to check the general discussion thread. lol I really seem to remember someone having posted it somewhere. I just hope it wasn't an effin' status update. -_-

The Duke

SCF The Duke
I just went through all 50+ pages of the beta balance changes thread to see if it's posted there and nope. Now to check the general discussion thread. lol I really seem to remember someone having posted it somewhere. I just hope it wasn't an effin' status update. -_-
It was probably some effin' status update. O__O

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
there will still definetly be balance tweaking I would think, I can't imagine after KP2, GGPO, etc etc they would just straight up stop supporting the game, It'll probably just be less often and let the game ride for a while.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Honestly I don't know how much more popular this will make the character:

1 - Beta is not final. Things could change.
2 - I'm not necessarily convinced he is that overpowered yet. A+ for sure but I just need to get my hands on him to make that call.
3 - If people didn't like the way the character played in the past, I find it unlikely this will change that, because the character was underrepresented the entire life of the game, despite never being that bad. The bandwagon jumpers are likely temporary. I suspect many will try him for a while, realize he's not top 5 like they thought, or just get bored, and drop him.

Then again, I don't know what sort of nerfs the current S Tier characters got, or what buffs other characters got. Can't put it all into perspective until we see all the changes made. Could be that the entire roster on average got a net buff, which means F/T changes are less impressive.

No one agrees with these Ferra/Torr changes. Even F/T players are calling it insane which is a rarity on TYM for the own main's of the character to call it out.

Yes, but I've noticed that F/T mains are more humble (accurate) in their sense of character balance than others. You see Kitana, Erron and Cass players asking for buffs and shit. We were over here with the general agreement that some minor buffs would be appreciated, but not even really needed.

Last edited:

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
If they decide that those buff made F/T too strong, let's hope vicious keeps them while ruthless continue to use his pain and cancel gimmick..... don't cut vicious off because of ruthless....

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Honestly I don't know how much more popular this will make the character:

1 - Beta is not final. Things could change.
2 - I'm not necessarily convinced he is that overpowered yet. A+ for sure but I just need to get my hands on him to make that call.
3 - If people didn't like the way the character played in the past, I find it unlikely this will change that, because the character was underrepresented the entire life of the game, despite never being that bad. The bandwagon jumpers are likely temporary. I suspect many will try him for a while, realize he's not top 5 like they thought, or just get bored, and drop him.

Then again, I don't know what sort of nerfs the current S Tier characters got, or what buffs other characters got. Can't put it all into perspective until we see all the changes made. Could be that the entire roster on average got a net buff, which means F/T changes are less impressive.

Yes, but I've noticed that F/T mains are more humble (accurate) in their sense of character balance than others. You see Kitana, Erron and Cass players asking for buffs and shit. We were over here with the general agreement that some minor buffs would be appreciated, but not even really needed.
Yea pretty much. Very honorable. Us D'Vorah players are similar. We know exactly what we have and how strong it is. Very few say otherwise.

Your earlier points I'd say-

1) Agree. I'm hoping they are checking character feedback before March 1st to adjust accordingly and not letting pride get in the way. Some characters get Omni-buffed while say an Erron who was equal to F/T gets heavily nerfed makes no sense at all.

2) You haven't played the beta? One of my main partners plays F/T and I've never experienced what I did while playing him last night before. While he was playing he was saying "wow this is so dumb" and laughing the entire hour+ we played.

3) I disagree with this part. People would play a stick of beef jerky if it was S Tier. Look how many people played prepatch Predator. Look how many people played mid patch Shinnok. Look how many people played Vanilla Raiden. Look at how many people are playing Takeda and Mileena now compared to a month ago. Remember Vanilla Bojutsu? 1/5 players was using Kung Jin because they thought he was an easy to win with S Tier character, but now it's a rarity to see the char.

They don't care about who it is or how they play. Many people only care about the strongest, easiest way to win. Losing MUs became winning ones in one night lol. I'd bet money that if this stays official March 1st, by April tourneys will be flooded with F/T players.

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
Nothing in your post says it will not be patched again.
it's because i had a screen shot of the twitch chat, but could not find it too (many messages on facebook)so i left that one because i already texted the comment.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yea pretty much. Very honorable. Us D'Vorah players are similar. We know exactly what we have and how strong it is. Very few say otherwise.

I'd bet money that if this stays official March 1st, by April tourneys will be flooded with F/T players.
Yeah we all know what we have, this isnt the Johnny Cage forums

And let these frauds play FT if they want, Ill just free them all up with Lackey, they wont know what to do against someone that actually knows how to abuse when Ferra isnt on their back

Status
Not open for further replies.