What's new

Enter [Cyborg] Sub-Zero...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
His forum is here... 300 missions to get him, right? So I've heard.

Anyone think he'll have the ice shower? I hope... :(

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I heard the Challenge Tower reward is Mileena's Flesh Pit costume..

His Moveset(via Cyborg_Hero, MKO):

Cyber Sub-Zero:

-Ice Bomb
-Ice Ball
-Slide
-Ice Parry
-Dive Kick

daryui's Maining him to spite YSZ fans!

Not to mention, I hate SZ and this is GREAT.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I think I remember reading from somewhere that you unlock the Hidden Challenger Cyber Sub-Zero through the use of the Arcade Ladder? Kinda reminds me of the hidden character on the MK2 Arcade Ladder from years ago. Perhaps I may be misinformed, though.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I heard the Challenge Tower reward is Mileena's Flesh Pit costume..

His Moveset(via Cyborg_Hero, MKO):

Cyber Sub-Zero:

-Ice Bomb
-Ice Ball
-Slide
-Ice Parry
-Dive Kick

daryui's Maining him to spite YSZ fans!

Not to mention, I hate SZ and this is GREAT.
I'm a little sketchy on that move set until we get a more solid confirmation by then. You'd think he'd have his ice shower, sub having a dive kick? That's weird...guess we'll have to wait and see.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
... as long as a fucking render or image doesn't leak I'll be happy.

Can anything wait till April 19th? :rant:

end/ : rant

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Great. I try to avoid spoilers now and you reveal Mileena's 3rd kostume.
*sigh*

I think he'll be unlocked via arcade ladder.
Kud be baldy too lol

Ed described it as big so I think it will have to be better than all those suggestions.
Heres hoping.

All the best,
Razer

MKF30

So what do you guys think of Cyber Sub-Zero? Looks pretty cool!(no pun intended) very predatorish though.

Again, far as I'm concerned, if he's a stylish means of bringing back things like the Ice Shower and/or a whole new moveset on top of that, I'm all for him. It helps that he does look pretty nice.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
So what do you guys think of Cyber Sub-Zero? Looks pretty cool!(no pun intended) very predatorish though.
I like Cyber Sub Zero's design and looks really kool. More interested in him than regular Sub Zero because never liked him.

One thing tho...In that character select screen leak Cyber Sub Zero in twice. One next to Sheeva, and the other next to Quan Chi. If there is seriously going to be 2 Cyber Sub Zero's and 1 Regular Sub Zero that will seriously be retarded.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I doubt there will be 2 Cyber Subs. There's 2 arrows leading off to the side, which may indicate an off-screen character.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Since there is no Kratos in the 360 version, 2 Robo Frio's it is............for now.

nonetheless this pic is quite old. just sayin.

Noob
Now the question remains:

Is Cyber-Sub:

1. A "What if" character? Is he what would have happened if Younger Sub was caught instead of Smoke?

2. The re-animation of the Older Sub's body after Scorpion killed him? Take a careful look at Noob's and Cyber Sub's masks... they're almost identical...

3. Another of the Sub-Zero kin that we never knew about?

Tim Static

Adminerator

Is Cyber-Sub:

1. A "What if" character? Is he what would have happened if Younger Sub was caught instead of Smoke?

2. The re-animation of the Older Sub's body after Scorpion killed him? Take a careful look at Noob's and Cyber Sub's masks... they're almost identical...

Gotta go with #1. The team has already said some things that happened will be altered by the events of this MK, and this is one of them.

apparently Smoke's afro is another :p

Noob
Gotta go with #1. The team has already said some things that happened will be altered by the events of this MK, and this is one of them.

apparently Smoke's afro is another :p
I'm thinking either 1 or 2.

-If he's a "what if" character, then he's non-canon as he would technically be the same character as the Younger Sub-Zero that is officially in the game.

-It would also make sense to me that they would have re-animated the elder Sub's body as a robot...Since Noob no longer has need for the same body b/c he's a wraith... but that's all just speculation.

JagoMIH

Noob
I'm thinking either 1 or 2.

-If he's a "what if" character, then he's non-canon as he would technically be the same character as the Younger Sub-Zero that is officially in the game.

-It would also make sense to me that they would have re-animated the elder Sub's body as a robot...Since Noob no longer has need for the same body b/c he's a wraith... but that's all just speculation.
yea dude, i've had the same theories as you, maybe it's noobs old body, or another sub sibling we don't know about. another idea...the lin kuei might have taken a sample of sub's dna, trying to copy his powers and make cyromancer cyborgs XP

imagine...human sub clones, raised in test tubes, only to meet the sad fate of being transformed :eek:

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
With all of these spoilers going on... I hope specials are revealed, because Cyborg Sub's specials I've very anxious to find out... but on 4/19.

MKF30

Is Cyber-Sub:

Obviously I don't know for SURE but I highly doubt it's the 2nd theory as that Elder Sub-Zero had already turned into Noob after Scorpion killed him it would make no sense for him to suddenly come back as a machine. I know it's MK and all but that's my opinion.

Now, theory one is more likely and they've even hinted(the MK team) at some one this time may become a cyber ninja who wasn't before but they also said that depending on how he's received in one of those leaks, will determine if the MK team uses cyber sub in future MK games or not...I'm pretty certain, most fans want the normal Sub-Zero that we all have known and love over cyber so far.

Your 3rd theory I was also thinking about the other day, that would be really cool if there were 3 brothers one lost that both Bi Yan and Kuai Lian(Elder Sub/Noob and Younger Sub-Zero) didn't know about and he was also apart of the Lin Kuei and became automated. I honestly am hoping that THIS is the deal with his story. Or it's #1 what if Sub-Zero was caught.

@Jago, that's also a great theory I can see that....they took Sub's(one of them) DNA and attempted to clone/use it on another Lin Kuei Warrior making a cybernetic cyromancer ninja on their own? I can see that....

I just don't believe it's the original Elder Sub-Zero, the only way I honestly see that is if they took his dead body after Scorpion killed him and some how "reanimated him" back to life via automation some how, and when he died his "spirit" was reborn in netherrealm as Noob-Saibot, but to me that makes no sense in a way.

i think the way to unlock him was to do a secret fight in the arcade ladder but im not sure i could be wrong i guess we will just have to see

Mickael

Noob
Anyone think he'll have the ice shower? I hope... :(
I don't remember that move being of any use... I remember being able throw it in 3 different directions with awkward joystick moves. (in front of, directly above, or behind) If he gets that move, they'll probably take away his ice clone. or probably the ground freeze... that move is pretty slow.