What's new

Tech Ending with 2f3

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Reptile has a ton of combo enders. From splat setups, to 321 invis, balls, reset, etc. He hands down has the most oki setups in the game but a few of them are spoiled by tech rolls due to his normal dash sucking and spacing.

I acutally feel stupid for never trying this out before...maybe because f3 can't cancel into anything but if you do for instance 321-NJP-32fb-sb-2f3 this puts your opponent at a much shorter distance than ending with 321 and f3 recovers much faster than I thought and allows you to dash in.

Following the dash with 321, your opponent cannot escape this regardless if they tech roll or not and it can't be jumped out of either. Also against opponents who have eh wake up attacks (ie sektor) they will just reset themselves if they wakeup. SubZero also can't ice clone this set up regardless if he tech rolls or not (you're too close).

Vs characters with good armor advancing wake ups like Kabal or Sonya do 2f3 backdash slow ball. Because the distance is closer, its more tempting to try a wake up against. You'll get the slowball off just in time for Sonyas kartwheel to reset herself or kabals armor to wear off.

So in summary this setup gives you complete control and allows you to only make one read which is will they wake up or not.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Reptile has a ton of combo enders. From splat setups, to 321 invis, balls, reset, etc. He hands down has the most oki setups in the game but a few of them are spoiled by tech rolls due to his normal dash sucking and spacing.

I acutally feel stupid for never trying this out before...maybe because f3 can't cancel into anything but if you do for instance 321-NJP-32fb-sb-2f3 this puts your opponent at a much shorter distance than ending with 321 and f3 recovers much faster than I thought and allows you to dash in.

Following the dash with 321, your opponent cannot escape this regardless if they tech roll or not and it can't be jumped out of either. Also against opponents who have eh wake up attacks (ie sektor) they will just reset themselves if they wakeup. SubZero also can't ice clone this set up regardless if he tech rolls or not (you're too close).

Vs characters with good armor advancing wake ups like Kabal or Sonya do 2f3 backdash slow ball. Because the distance is closer, its more tempting to try a wake up against. You'll get the slowball off just in time for Sonyas kartwheel to reset herself or kabals armor to wear off.

So in summary this setup gives you complete control and allows you to only make one read which is will they wake up or not.
I will use this later tonight and share my thoughts on it :).

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
So it works well in certain matchups? I can see it being useful in some situations like rap mentioned.
I tried doing it a couple of times and they totally figure you out. It's like 32 invis ED, it's like a 1 time only thing :(

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i've been doing stuff like this a few times, altho i have something a bit different with some more mind-fuckness :D

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
So is the effectiveness of this dependent on their meter? I can see doing this against a meterless character to apply pressure, but never in a million years would I try this pressure against sonya/lao/whateverbswakeup +1bar...

I'm a big fan of ending with the 2f3, 1+2...when is this more applicable?

Seapeople

This one's for you
I haven't been able to try this much yet. But from what I can tell it seems like this is Reptile's closest thing to an untechable knockdown, which is huge. Good stuff RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I haven't been able to try this much yet. But from what I can tell it seems like this is Reptile's closest thing to an untechable knockdown, which is huge. Good stuff RapZiLLa54
Exactly. Its not an infinite, you still have to make a read and know the character you're facing. It eliminates your opponents options to wake up or block.

Axel_Redd

I don't understand. Will it hurt to show us? I'm not being sarcastic haha, what's it going to hurt?
nah, just i coulda swore someone said ur supposed to keep ur shenanigans to urself...but im not sure if it qualifies as shenanigans or legit tech...

nah, just i coulda swore someone said ur supposed to keep ur shenanigans to urself...but im not sure if it qualifies as shenanigans or legit tech...
I seriously am lost. I have no idea what you have to lose by showing us something you think may or may not be useful. I'm really not being a jerk here I'm just completely confused. Do you just not want people to use it? Are you keeping something to yourself only? Are you afraid that you will lose some sort of credibility?

Haha I'm sorry I just don't understand...

Axel_Redd

I seriously am lost. I have no idea what you have to lose by showing us something you think may or may not be useful. I'm really not being a jerk here I'm just completely confused. Do you just not want people to use it? Are you keeping something to yourself only? Are you afraid that you will lose some sort of credibility?

Haha I'm sorry I just don't understand...
nah, just that if its really only shenanigans, u really don't want people to know about it cuz then it probably won't work anymore xD. but im not sure if it qualifies as that cuz u can kinda get a guessing game off of it tho.

nah, just that if its really only shenanigans, u really don't want people to know about it cuz then it probably won't work anymore xD. but im not sure if it qualifies as that cuz u can kinda get a guessing game off of it tho.
Bro....321 slide was invented by Muffinmuggers.

Secret tech is secret.