What's new

Ending Juggles With 2 f+3 1+2 To Snuff Wakeups???

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I was tacking this string onto the end of Reptiles standard 37% bnb and noticed that the last hit landed just as the opponent was getting up if timed right (I reset the lifebars and watched the last hit register independently of the proceeding portion of the juggle, which might also mean the last hit registers a full 7% while the rest of the combo does 34% on its own, making a 41% combo). I picked Kung Lao as my AI opponent and set it to Wake Up and sure enough, I never ate a spin. Is this legit? I'm not too great at testing this stuff out.

Anyone else willing to try it out?

3 2 1~dash punch, NJP, Fast Ball, 3 2~Slow Ball, 2 f+3 1+2.

RiverHB

Noob
It works. Set the AI to Block/Roll mode and they'll block instead of eating 7%. I believe Reptile is at advantage then, so it's a good option.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
This has been known for a loooong time pal. All you have to do is block high after the 2 f3. That will stand me back up, and leave you sitting there quite vulnerable in your recovery animation, and i can just punish with that spin you were talking about earlier.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Ah, damn thought I was onto something. Although you'd know you block high after it hit you the first time because the animation takes a decade to complete.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
So I end a healthy 34% no meter combo with Hedgehog overhead and I can cancel into, say, 122~invis, and continue pressure? I'm trying to work out how the cancel works but I can't get AI to block when I need it to (f+3 1+2 doesn't work on block).

Seapeople

This one's for you
Training mode is dumb. Set the AI to tech roll and I think it will block the reset for some reason. I think the only thing that your opponent is forced to block is the elbow dash or possibly d3. I've also heard that 122 is guaranteed in the left corner only.
Maybe THTB or RapZiLLa54 could explain it better.

This is known as a "reset". Let me explain. Heres the property of 1+2. On the 321 bnb, if you however end with 1+2 your opponent has 2 options:
1. he can block it. At this point he will lose 2% chip, but you will get a +8 frame advantage if you cancel into another move (such as dash, ex dash, d4, ect). Just dont let reptile do the "jump back" motion after 1+2
2. He can let it hit, and he will eat the extra 7% +bnb + reptile oki game (you can turn invisible, dashes. I wouldnt recommend fb because it wont hit unless you dash/jump back/delay it)

So in a way you are not letting your opponent has any good options, they are both terrible.

In the corner is weird. On the left side if you do this reset of 321 ah, 321 fb, dash back 2f3 1+2 (or the one that is used by RapZiLLa54, its freaking SEXY 321 dash njp 4 fb, 321 fb, 2f3 1+2). You will get the reset or a 7% knock down. This is a great tool if resets in the corner you can start your pressure string right away (like 1221/321) because you are closer to your opponent.
On the RIGHT SIDE, DO NOT DO IT. Because for some reason the 1+2 will wiff and you are gonna get hit by a full combo.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Interesting. Buggy properties in this game. I've never actually seen this combo used in a match, maybe I need to pay more attention. I was trying to see if a 122 pressure was possible as followup but as Seapeople stated, training mode is kinda shitty.

Interesting. Buggy properties in this game. I've never actually seen this combo used in a match, maybe I need to pay more attention. I was trying to see if a 122 pressure was possible as followup but as Seapeople stated, training mode is kinda shitty.
You'll see it Rapzilla, myself, and thtb use it all the time. Chris g and ts sabin do not probably because they dont know about it. Btw my mistake, 122 isnt a good pressure however 122 is more of a mixup of 1 and slide

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Yeah this is great option. You are +8 on this reset and have a guaranteed EX elbow dash to follow up more pressure. d4 will beat out any option they have aside from jumping out.

In the left corner this reset is ridiculous because there is no pushback and you are +8 in their grill. Never attempt this in the right corner unless you want to get blown up lol.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
You'll see it Rapzilla, myself, and thtb use it all the time. Chris g and ts sabin do not probably because they dont know about it. Btw my mistake, 122 isnt a good pressure however 122 is more of a mixup of 1 and slide
Sabin definitely does this but I haven't seen chris g do it. 1221 is good pressure because you can't fuzzy guard it, so mix in 12b1 or 12 slide every now and then to get it in your opponents heads. 1221 you can turn into a 40% combo with meter, so its still a good option plus its faster than 3.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
the combo I normally use is 321 elbow dash NJP ffb 32 sfb 2 f3 1+2 for 35% without the unscaled 7% and 42% with it. with JIP's it's 38% without and 45% with, I use different things in the corner depending on my meter situation, if the 2 f3 1+2 is blocked and you have the meter, DO EX ELBOW DASH lol, there is no reason not to. You are at +8 so the elbow dash is practically free, and you are at advantage still after the ex elbow dash, which allows you to continue to pressure. This is practically the only finisher I use anymore. I also like to do 2 f3 elbow dash, because it puts you on the other side of your opponent like a crossup, and then I think you can double dash back and forth after this and mess with your opponents wake up. I just find this to be the best way to end combos now, I have a lot of stuff I use it for, but when I have meter I like to mix it up with oki's too lol.

i've started doing 1221 on block because the last hit causes knock back and usually people don't expect you to finish the string, they look for acid hand or slide. if they get hit with the last 1 dash over toward 1 exffball and combo from there. you get like 30%t of it. I stole this from chris g by the way.

I still use 321 as my primary string but there are uses for 122

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
i've started doing 1221 on block because the last hit causes knock back and usually people don't expect you to finish the string, they look for acid hand or slide. if they get hit with the last 1 dash over toward 1 exffball and combo from there. you get like 30%t of it. I stole this from chris g by the way.

I still use 321 as my primary string but there are uses for 122
The best combo to do off of that is 1221 slight dash f2 ex ffb 32 sfb finisher of choice, you will get at least 35%.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
As I said, due to my now wireless connection I haven't been able to bring it online, but I know my roomie tries to wake up almost every time and he eats it. Every time. I'm kinda hoping he blocks it correctly (I'm not sure he knows to block high yet) so I can throw in some additional chip or some invisible pressure. Lots of good options off this finisher and I'm eager to start playing Reptile again.