What's new

Strategy Ending combos with blood ball

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
Something I've been trying in practice mode. Instead of whatever combo ender you had that'll give you an extra 5% or so, why not cancel your last string into blood ball, so that it'll hit them on their wakeup? If they block it, that's 6%. And if they don't block it, that's a huge 15% addition to your combo. And you're only losing 7% health, which I'm sure would be a worthy sacrifice if you started the juggle and it's anywhere above 30% damage. You can even aim it down if they land very close to you and you think they'll hold block.

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
Allthough its a good thought, im not really sure its useful though. If you wanted to apply pressure on wakeup, Why not abolish their wakeup completely by ending your combo in the 112 string into red slide? That way, not only do you keep your health, but you also have a chance to snag another Launcher, leading to a 35% combo, Or a slide of course. I'd personally take the 112 into red slide for High/low mixup, rather than ending my combo prematurely for somthing that takes my life, has a long recovery and could probably be stopped by a wakeup.
And also, unless your oppenent is silly, they're not going to take a bloodball to the face - the chances of it hitting are low.

Well, thats my 10p's worth anyways, you'd probably get a better answer outta ninj tbh - But hope i've helped.
- CSB

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
My thoughts are to only use bloodball to mixup when applying your dagger cancel game. If you think you are going to make a good read on a jump happy character then you can sometimes hit them out of the air. The bloodball by its very nature is a gamble, when gambling you have to weigh in what you are risking versus the reward, the reward in TC's setup is the extra damage, but when you weigh in the circumstances that you are relying on (that they won't block) and the risk of eating an armored wake up, taking your own life, with already having ended your combo early... she just has better options.

Also, never use bloodball to trade in a projectile war. Bloodball has three uses: Catch a happy jumper, chip em when you have life lead and they will be put to rest by it, and to make me laugh when i throw it at scrubs the entire match almost killing myself. Oops almost forgot the fourth use: suicide during a retarded laggy shit match.

ryublaze

Noob
I'd rather end with 112 tbh. If I wanted to end with Blood Ball, I'd make sure I'd have huge life lead before taking the risk.

Anyways I like using Blood Ball when I have life lead and my opponent is ducking my daggers full screen. It's probably not a good idea against teleporters.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
This will be explored in the guide :)

Sorry it's taking so long - it's been a struggle to get proper recording equipment. I'm not interested in putting out low-quality videos on this, or putting out a half-done guide. I haven't forgotten ;)

swag1

EX smash solves all
Actually, if they're low on health, why not do the 112 reset then blood ball.. If they have low health, it does 6% chip so if they have low health it could either kill them or bring the really close to it.

ryublaze

Noob
Actually, if they're low on health, why not do the 112 reset then blood ball.. If they have low health, it does 6% chip so if they have low health it could either kill them or bring the really close to it.
You can red dash after 112 and start block strings for chip damage. 112 dagger toss does 5% chip and if the opponent tries to jump out he'll get hit by 11.

I think Blood Ball is useful at fullscreen against non-teleporters, and if they start ducking your daggers. I especially like using it fullscreen after knocking the opponent down with a dagger toss (gets knocked down if he jumps) or if the opponent starts block dashing to get in.

Blood Ball can beat out many moves like Kitana's square boost, or Liu Kang's flying dragon kick and neither of them have a teleport (unless you count square boost as a teleport) so it really depends on the character you're fighting.