What's new

END OF ROUND. What would you prefer?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
After the round ends, would you like to see it return to neutral like the older MK games (umk3, mk2, etc) or the players become fair spaced and the round begins where it ended like... *gulp* everyone's baby, mk9 (oh and injustice).

How i feel..

I think it should return to neutral. It makes the most sense because each round should be a NEW round. Lets say I'm a zoner going against rushdown and i get forced into the corner and he wins the round because i cant get out. Now i'd still be stuck in the corner and it doesn't feel like shit got reset, it doesn't feel like a NEW round.. just a continuation of what happened at the end of round 1.

I know some people will say things along the lines of "I worked so hard to get this zoner in the corner, i should keep the corner after i win the round" and i kind of agree, but not really.

remember the game is still in development, so changes like this are possible. I feel for whatever reason people are still gonna blow me up for asking this simple question. Regardless, voice your opinions on the matter!

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
It already is neutral after every round. I took a look at the videos and the health bars went back up.
but i mean, do they return to the middle of the screen? thats truely neutral. corner pressure can still be maintained outside of "footsie" range.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Neutral or begins where it ended, both are fine. But I have to say the MK9 style made the flow a little better, as if it was a real fight or something like that.

Glass Sword

Nobody
The only problem is sometime it bugs out (in MK9 and INGAU) when you are in the corner or something. Perhaps improved tech will remedy this issue.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I like the repositioning animations since mk9, i'm i'm actually glad they didn't change that, so i say no to your option.

It doesn't make much of a difference since mk9 had breakers, in MKX even more because you can easely switch positions using the enviromental interactibles on a blink, which is one of the recent aditions to escape ou of the corners.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
but i mean, do they return to the middle of the screen? thats truely neutral. corner pressure can still be maintained outside of "footsie" range.
I was only talking about the health bars like in mk9 in mkx health bars return to 100% at end round and characters move back full screen after every round and thats only if your in sweeping distance. (or at least scorpion does)

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Either way its fine with me. MK is not a neutral game in terms of play style like SF where players move back and forth. In MK one player usually pushes the other to a corner. With that in mind I'd say keeping your position at the end of the round makes more sense.