What's new

EMPR YUN9 MURK's NW MATCH UP CHART

Aquaman 6-4
I think this is 5-5. Aquaman's damage output and spacing as well as interactable control make this MU even. while interactables are on the stage NW has to play his game. Once they go away, Staff might beat AM. This makes it 5-5.

Ares 5-5
I would say that this is 6-4 NW favor. His fast normals/better normals make a huge difference. Also NW really can just wait for Ares to move and react. Meanwhile the zoning game can stay in NW favor because of his ability to cancel spark.

Batman 6-4
I don't see how NW beats him. I still think Batman from full screen wins this game. If NW can keep him in the right range he has a slight advantage. That tug of war makes this a solid 5-5 to me.

Catwoman 5-5
I could see this as a 5-5 but right now I think staff gives her lots of trouble. I'm leaning towards 6-4

Green Arrow 6-4
This is probably more like a 7-3. I played this MU from both perspectives competitively and have also played 7l.

Harley Quinn 5-5
Do you go even spilts with Salt Face? I havn't played the guy in more than 2 matches in 6-8 months so you would know better. I think her zoning and footsies is a problem making it hard to get it...on knockdown it is VERY hard to oki her too. I'd lean towards 4-6

Martian Manhunter 5-5
I agree with this but not when he has too many interactables. It gets into 3-7 territory when he can throw whatever he wants...if you manage to avoid all the interactables it moves back to 5-5.

Scorpion 5-5
Scorpion gets destroyed by staff wing. His short normals make it hard for him to play without teleporting. His telepport gets punished by NW easily...both versions. HIs flip kick gets punished, his over head gets punished, some of his normals whiff. I don;t see how this could possibly be even. I tend to say 7-3.

Shazam 6-4
I tend to say 7-3 on this one too but 6-4 might be right.

Sinestro 4-6
I think this in my head and then I play Wound or PTW. Then it feels like 3-7 or worse. Jump back axe he can't touch...and he cant win the zoning war even with ground spark.

Zod 4-6
I can see how this is 3-7. I think it is very much dependent on intractables. On a stage with lots of them this can go into 2-8 territory but be 4-6 on regular stages.

I agree with everything else.
I don't believe NW vs AM is 5-5 it's probably in NW favor

Why do people keep saying wing dings suck vs Frost?

I don't have a video but NW has a post d12 meta to allow him to wing ding. Go in the lab and set the AI to reversal slide. This will give you faster than human response timing. Even on a read nobody will bust out the slide faster than the AI.

Now what you want to do to blow up the slide is d12 and take 1 step back then just jump back and delay the 3 a bit. When you hit the slide convert using d1~fury. This punish now establishes a post d12 game for NW's offense and you can do the same thing for wing dings. All you do after d12 is take 1 step back then jump and delay the wing dings. The delay will cause the slide to go under NW and the wing dings won't come out. You will be safe from the uppercut since the jump now becomes an empty jump and you are back in post slide/d12 game. After landing from the empty jump (failed wing ding caused by insta-slide post d12 reversing inputs) you can flip kick MB on landing or go right into pressure.

All this will cause hesitation and open up these hover dings when the KF player hesitates to slide at the right time.

Last edited:

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
I honestly can't see NW WoWo being anything less than 6-4 in WoWo's favor, but I haven't played you in particular yet.

I have played pretty much every other NW though and be really suffers from WoWo's air control.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I honestly can't see NW WoWo being anything less than 6-4 in WoWo's favor, but I haven't played you in particular yet.

I have played pretty much every other NW though and be really suffers from WoWo's air control.
I don't disagree but with good spacing j1/j2 gives her trouble. It could be 4-6 or 5-5 but honestly...does it matter?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Now you see why i believe this is 6-4 in flash's favor lol
I'm used to playing Harold offline. But honestly, the ability to react to the overhead is 100% a guess online. This to me means I'm guessing in your dash what to do but it is never a reaction. That is the biggest difference for this MU offline and it's a big one.

I'll settle for 4-6 for now but perhaps it could change offline

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
I'm used to playing Harold offline. But honestly, the ability to react to the overhead is 100% a guess online. This to me means I'm guessing in your dash what to do but it is never a reaction. That is the biggest difference for this MU offline and it's a big one.

I'll settle for 4-6 for now but perhaps it could change offline
i doubt it will be much of a differences, i was stopping all your wake ups and was constantly in your face, even if you were stopping my overhead on reaction there are plenty of other things i could of use

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i doubt it will be much of a differences, i was stopping all your wake ups and was constantly in your face, even if you were stopping my overhead on reaction there are plenty of other things i could of use
So, there's not much difference offline, when the dude you played says he has to guess what you'll do after a dash online, can't react to sonic pound and both Chongo and Zyphox who play each other say different?

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
So, there's not much difference offline, when the dude you played says he has to guess what you'll do after a dash online, can't react to sonic pound and both Chongo and Zyphox who play each other say different?
Ive played chongo and it was no different and he never said he couldnt react to sonic pound. all he said was after dash he has to guess but ive done this offline as well plenty of times, you have to guess in generally i know people can poke when they see me dash on reaction sometimes but you still have to anticipate it

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Ive played chongo and it was no different and he never said he couldnt react to sonic pound. all he said was after dash he has to guess but ive done this offline as well plenty of times, you have to guess in generally i know people can poke when they see me dash on reaction sometimes but you still have to anticipate it
When you have to play defensive, it is much more difficult to poke out of pressure. It is also more difficult to react to 50-50.

The dash is the hardest thing to read. If I see a dash your either going to jump, d12 or f2. If I can't d1 your dash on reaction I'm at a huge disadvantage off the bat. Against flash you have to punish his dash and react to 50/50 no matter which character you use. Yea you won and I'll hold that...but at least acknowledge the disadvantage defensive characters have online.

It's one thing to be able to go on auto pilot for pressure and zoning...it's much different to try and play reactionary to that when you have delay.

NW/FLASH is a 5-5....hmu and we can play. EMPEROR MURK is the gtag