What's new

Match-up Discussion EMP Tom Brady's MU Chart - Rain

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Baraka 6/4
- I got no problem with this. Baraka is very limited and can't do nearly enough damage to make this a completely even fight. He has incredible wake-ups though.

Cyber Sub Zero 5/5
- After playing a few really good CSZ's; I could see how this is a 5/5. We both can do high damage and sure he has the Ice Parry which can make our lives Hell, but we have armor that can blast right through anything he has.

Cyrax 5/5
- It's a whole different story if they use resets/cheap exploits which I believe needs to be factored into this -- however; Rain puts up a helluva fight against Cyrax with or without the resets.

Ermac 5/5
- Maybe it's just online lag but Ermac can give me some trouble. I still think it's a 5/5 though.

Freddy Krueger 4.5/5.5
- This seems about right. It's kind of a tug of war between these two. Freddy has the advantage because he can control what you do from full screen.

Jade 6/4
- Good Jades can keep Rain out -- albeit, not very easily but they can do it. I have a hard time believing Tom Brady really knows what he's talking about when it comes to this match-up. I think it's a 5/5.

Jax 4.5/5.5
- This isn't as bad of a match-up as it is sometimes made out to be. Sure, Jax can be hard to punish and he can murder you with the Ground Pounds but if you pressure and get in -- it's not that bad. I agree with this completely.

Johnny Cage 5/5
- I just suck against Cage so I'd say it's a 4/6 but that might just be me. It seems like F3-3 string knocks you out of your shielded dashes and Ex Roundhouse Kick can only do so much. Cage is my worst nightmare but it's probably a "me issue."

Kabal 5/5
- Yeah, I can see this being a 5/5. It can be tough to get anything going but you have to take what you can get. It's somewhat going to be in Kabal's favor; which Kevo Da Man has made me well aware of however we can do some things to get around Kabal's game so it isn't too bad. I'd say it's a 4.5/5.5.

Kano 5/5
- This is a 4/6, in my opinion. Too many of Kano's moves beat Rain's cleanly. I really don't think there's that many good Kanos out there to really create a strong foundation for this match-up though. I also believe I'm basing this off online play probably a bit too much, too.

Kenshi 4/6
- This is almost a 3/7. Kenshi can be your worst nightmare if played at a high level. I hate this match-up more than anything.

Kitana 4/6
- 5/5 all the way; I'm tired of seeing everyone say otherwise. This really isn't that bad of a match-up.

Kung Lao 4/6
- Strongly agree here. Kung Lao can give me fits sometimes and it can be very tough to punish him. It's not his hardest match-up but Kung Lao's mobility prevails more often than it doesn't so I could see this being a 4/6.

Liu Kang 5/5
- Some Liu Kang's will give me fits, some not so much. Zyns and Peckapowa mainly.

Mileena 5/5
- I'm almost ready to say this is a 6/4 match-up. I've only seen a few Mileenas know how to handle Rain.

Nightwolf 5/5
- I really don't have enough MU experience to say in this match-up. RipCrowley can give me some problems though with his incredible Nightwolf.

Noob Saibot 6/4
- Believe it or not; I'm terrible against Noob. It's probably because my brother and I never play each other but goddamn, this is like a 4/6 for me even on good days.

Quan Chi 4/6
- I guess... Book says he struggles. I can get blown up by halfeaten from time to time, but mostly we go back and forth. I've never played ShujinkyDink's Quan "Cheese" but I heard some pretty good things. Not enough MU experience to fully throw down a number on this, confidently.

Raiden 4/6
- Yeah, no argument to be had here.

Reptile 4.5/5.5
- Same here, no argument to be had. Reptile can keep away and keep you out.

Scorpion 5/5
-

Sektor 5/5
-

Shang Tsung 5/5
-

Sheeva 6/4
-

Sindel 6/4
-

Skarlet 5/5
-

Smoke 5/5
-

Sonya Blade 5/5
-

Stryker 6/4
-

Sub Zero 5/5
-

Agree? Disagree?
Discuss.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Brady is straight trollin' with some of his Sub Zero numbers; I swear people buy into his talk too much.

There's no way Sub Zero is that bad.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
1 Get the life lead, and play a run away game 2 block low, 3 don't jump into subzero

A very boring match, but if your going to hide behind a clone, I'm staying the hell away from you

Yo BodamEscapePlan, when are you down for some Rain vs Rain I finally took my Xbox out of my moms room ( hints why I'm always on netflix haha ) but I'm trying to play some people on xbl and i gotta see dat rain ;)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Cyber Sub Zero 5/5
- Not really sure about this but then again I've only played one or two really good CSZs.
Try playing @movezero and see what ya think about the matchup. I think he's a pretty good CSZ rep. He pretty much owns me every time we play CSZ vs SZ. haha

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
EMMURE789
After 10PM tonight I'll be off work and will probably be playing some matches.
If I'm on before that, it's my brother with Saibot.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Why is Raiden 4/6? I just can't see this not being a 5/5 or 4.5/5.5 at the worst. Probably Brady just hyping up his main.

Mothmonsterman0

alright cool, i will hop on, btw their will be alot of random jumps, and dropped combos since I'm not used to the Xbox controller anymore

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Why is Raiden 4/6? I just can't see this not being a 5/5 or 4.5/5.5 at the
worst. Probably Brady just hyping up his main.
Offline it's a 5/5; maybe a 4.5/5.5 in Raiden's favor but I don't like using decimals however -- I believe online it's a 4/6 in Raiden's favor. Raiden takes too many of our options away from us.

alright cool, i will hop on, btw their will be alot of random jumps, and dropped combos since I'm not used to the Xbox controller anymore
Expect to be disappointed by me. I'm probably the worst player who posts on here consistently.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Offline it's a 5/5; maybe a 4.5/5.5 in Raiden's favor but I don't like using decimals however -- I believe online it's a 4/6 in Raiden's favor. Raiden takes too many of our options away from us.

Expect to be disappointed by me. I'm probably the worst player who posts on here consistently.
The only way I can see this being a 4/6 is Raiden being able to tele out of 34 roundhouse (no charge) Can't test it but if that is the case it is a 6/4

Abtin

My soul is yours?
Enenra BodamEscapePlan

can u shine some light on CSZ MU, cuz rain's zoning part kinda sucks and CSZ can shut down his close up with the parry. SCZ himself got some decent pressure going on...

and how is kitana a 5.5, she is like the goddess of air to air combat ( starting full combos full screen with just a projectile) and her d1 is more than enough for poking out of rain's pressure.Personally i get blown to bits by a good kitana and by good i mean a heavy zoner :|

Enenra

Go to hell.
Enenra BodamEscapePlan

can u shine some light on CSZ MU, cuz rain's zoning part kinda sucks and CSZ can shut down his close up with the parry. SCZ himself got some decent pressure going on...

and how is kitana a 5.5, she is like the goddess of air to air combat ( starting full combos full screen with just a projectile) and her d1 is more than enough for poking out of rain's pressure.Personally i get blown to bits by a good kitana and by good i mean a heavy zoner :|
Watching Denzel blow up Kitanas with Sub Zero makes me think Rain can definitely do it, as he hits so much harder than Sub Zero. Just stay back and make her come to you, have EX kick ready. Keep you spacing tight. Camp on the life lead. Rain can counter poke Kitana, his D3 has crazy range. Check her with lightning, but mainly play like a bitch and stay crouched. Make her come to you. You start the game with a bar, and you can convert that into huge damage so stay patient. This is an educated opinion, but there is no recent experience to back it up. I never see anymore good Kitanas.

I've never played a high quality CSZ with Rain. I'll hit up RampaginDragon and see if he is off ME3 and down for a set.
From what I have played, I think you really just need to bait out the parry and punish. He gets 8% if he guesses right, you get 40%. Just cancel those RHs to put a fear in CSZ's heart and don't be afraid to do a water squirt.

Abtin

My soul is yours?
she doesnt need to come to me man, she got the fans, so no teleport ( not that u should teleport anyway ) but i was playing great one the other, we had a couple matches. at first he rushed me down and i was actually having an easier time compared to when he was zoning me. i thought maybe you can dash in with d4 and duck the fans and d1 her for an anti air, but she is always just a little bit out of reach. and lets not forget that she can just jump i kick with a fan and make it kinda safe. once she get the life lead, rain is F%@*ED.she doesnt need to jump in ( if he has the slightest idea of turtling). its not like subzero, kitana is kinda scared to rush sub zero since he can put the clone on reaction to jump in AND he can trade but rain cannot trade for his life (sub can freeze and then get hit abd still get the combo but rain cannot do the same with the bubble). when im playing kitana im running around like crazy, i can duck all the fans and d1 my way through and when i get to her she does the fly thingy, the one that she lands on the other side. i think you can actually njp her out of it if you are a NINJA. i cant dash cancel through the fans since its easy to see and i only have 3 bars and lets not forget that she is pretty much safe after the instant fan crap.

Mothmonsterman0

Rain vs Kitana is a BITCH, there is no real trick to this mu, she is gonna throw fans, she is gonna ass out, and more or less be a total bitch.....it's what she dose
the best thing you can in this match is make the most of your RH pressure, and try to read when she is gonna D1 your 4,3's so you can blow her up with a Roundhouse into more pressure
once you do that she will respect rain's rush down, and hopefully you will have the life lead, and be able to turtle her out.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Fans only work for so long for keepaway. They aren't that amazing for that purpose. Where Kitana does beat Rain, though, is in footsies.

Durpity Durp

Fan Fan Fan D1 D1 D1...Kitana Wins.
Against a smart mileena, this match would be 6-4.5 in her favor. Punish every single teleport with roll into full combo and stay jump and a half distance away throwing sais like a boss, keeping him out. allways footsies spacing!!! If rain jumps, he's getting ball rolled. telekick is risky and unnecessary. Best bet for rain in this match is to use *meter drain bubble in combos leaving mileena no breaker. Good Luck !

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Against a smart mileena, this match would be 6-4.5 in her favor. Punish every single teleport with roll into full combo and stay jump and a half distance away throwing sais like a boss, keeping him out. allways footsies spacing!!! If rain jumps, he's getting ball rolled. telekick is risky and unnecessary. Best bet for rain in this match is to use *meter drain bubble in combos leaving mileena no breaker. Good Luck !
That_is_helpful.

Thank you, Durp.

PS: You're a jerk for winning all the time. I used to win against all Mileenas! You exposed me... no, I exposed myself.

Spletty

Grandmaster

then you've never played me, my good man. i am hands down the worst on this site and im on all day every day lol