What's new

Emergency Kombat Kast TODAY 3PM Central Time!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Seems they'll be discussing the Krypt, loot and of course the ridiculous tower difficulty.

the stream will be here:

What was discussed:

• They acknowledged towers were too hard, getting rewards was slow
  • Didn't make this game to force people to make in-game purchases
  • Reduced AI health so boss fight dropped from 4000 to 1500
  • Dropped frequency of MOST of the modifiers (5sec to 10 sec)
  • Tweaks fixed this, but not patches, tweaks were already put out. Patches will fix a lot of things like rewards, unblockable modifiers and it's coming by the end of this week (date TBD).
  • Boss battles, tag team battles will still be difficult because it should be (that's fine)
  • You can't buy consumables, hearts or souls and we won't ever be able to, only cosmetics.
  • The Krypt: contents of chests are the same for everyone, but the location is unique to each player. Heart and soul chests are in the same locations. Lots of mysteries to find in there outside of that.
  • They are giving us 500 000 Koins, 500 hearts, 1000 souls, 1000 time crystals (which will buy us 2 skins)

Last edited:
Things I want them to do with Krypt:

• Put each earnable item into a distinctive Chest tier. Cheapest chests for stuff like consumables and backgrounds, Average cost chests for Gallery stuff (music, concept art etc), Highest cost chests for Fatalities, Brutalities, and Gear
  • Remove the randomness factor for the Chests, make them like past MK games with preset locations for specific items
  • Reduce the opening costs for non-Koin currency chest (i.e. if a Hearts chest costs 100 - make it 10 or 25 tops), and make said currencies more easily earnable
  • Increase Koin rewards from Towers across the board, including the Klassic ones

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Responses I'm not expecting on today's kast:

"Guys we promise we didn't push this game out 3 months earlier than it should've been released."

"We didn't have time to test the Towers. Totally Steve and QAs fault."

"We realize the tournament preset variations are all over the place and poorly implemented. "

"The Krypt doesn't technically count as lootboxes, so Ed was telling the truth."

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
This carries the exact same vibe as the time Metroid Prime 4 was delayed. Although there's a good reason for why they're solemn.

They'd better have some updates and fixes for us.

also yay for posting threads about the same topic at the same time . _.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God

• Put each earnable item into a distinctive Chest tier. Cheapest chests for stuff like consumables and backgrounds, Average cost chests for Gallery stuff (music, concept art etc), Highest cost chests for Fatalities, Brutalities, and Gear
  • Remove the randomness factor for the Chests, make them like past MK games with preset locations for specific items
  • Reduce the opening costs for non-Koin currency chest (i.e. if a Hearts chest costs 100 - make it 10 or 25 tops), and make said currencies more easily earnable
  • Increase Koin rewards from Towers across the board, including the Klassic ones
THIS
But i'm part of the Minority who likes the randomness of which chest has what skin. lol everything else like skins being 75,000 or what ever is on point!

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile

I agree with this 100%. These aren't unreasonable requests, and they don't render the Krypt utterly pointless. This needs to be brought up to the dev's. Even if they can't do it with a hotfix, then they should be putting it in a later patch.

I have no problem with grinding if it’s fun and there is an end goal. Towers of time is zero fun, and the reward for playing through them for an hour and a half is more consumables, a skin for character you don’t care about and enough currency to open maybe one good chest in the krypt, which is still a crap shoot.

As I’ve said before, there is no switch they can flip that will inherently change the way the whole process was designed. The single player mode was designed around monetization. Short of eliminating augments and consumables, single player will remain a disaster.

As much as I would like to put the blame squarely on WB, NRS could have explained all this before launch. They were very deceptive in how these modes were advertised. If WB told them they had to come up with a way to get people to spend more money, I can’t help but to think they could have come up with something way better than this.