What's new

Tech Eliminating Dive Kick mix-up and Interrupting Strings

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
The divekick thing is cool but i thought interrupting strings was just common sense =P

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So do JIns Jail on block or not? according to GGA Dizzy then dont???
They just don't jail standing. You normally get can still get a quick string off though like batmans B113 cannot be interrupted (except maybe super, haven't tested that)

It's different for every jump in it seems, but none I have seen can jail into standing

Curious, did you look at the frames to figure out holes or just tested, would like to know when I get the game and start figuring out things myself.
When you do 223 on block the second 2 doesn't even hit so you can visually see that it can be whiff punished

REO

Undead
No way to make the elbow ambiguous but the point is you can't duck whenever you see the glide if he keeps doing the elbow drop instead of the kick. If you do it late enough in the glide it connects and won't pass over them. Not saying its most desireable but worth mentioning.
I think the glide should be used sparingly as to how you would use his slide kick. I really only use glide to fake-out a jump-in so my opponent can whiff their uppercut and then I can full combo whiff punish with dive kick. Get to careless with it, and you will die when it's blocked from that high in the sky. The glide is also good for avoiding projectiles that you may accidentally jump into, too.

SideShowCurse

The Magician
Wow good stuff REO... I played the demo for like 24 hours straight and well... I have no useful information... But good stuff REO!!!

LEGEND

YES!
REO i believe Batman's B113 is interruptable as well. Can't confirm atm

if i remember correctly if you are duck blocking B1(1) will wiff and you can punish before the 3 comes out. Also probably hitbox dependent, i doubt it wiffs on lex, grundy, bane ect

Now that i think about it it may be range dependent. like if batman does the string outside point blank range the B1 hits but the B1(1) will wiff on ducking hitboxes. Anyway sorry for the vague information, i just know i've have been interrupted during that string before but can't remember the conditions for why it was possible

Seapeople

This one's for you
REO i believe Batman's B113 is interruptable as well. Can't confirm atm

if i remember correctly if you are duck blocking B1(1) will wiff and you can punish before the 3 comes out. Also probably hitbox dependent, i doubt it wiffs on lex, grundy, bane ect

Now that i think about it it may be range dependent. like if batman does the string outside point blank range the B1 hits but the B1(1) will wiff on ducking hitboxes. Anyway sorry for the vague information, i just know i've have been interrupted during that string before but can't remember the conditions for why it was possible
You're right. I just tried and it is distance dependent (at least against Batman). We have a Jax f413 replica :p
You might be able to armor out of a bunch of strings on block, but I guess we won't know that until cancel advantage is all figured out.

You can interrupt Wonder Woman's 1,1,2 in both Lasso and Sword mode if you attack after her second hit or sword swipe by crouch block or stand block and follow up with an uppercut into full combo punishment via Batman's 1,1,2,grapple gun EX, Away+1,1,3, 2,2,3 ect. Her Away+3 launcher can also be out beaten/interrupted with a 1,1,2 or Away+1,1,3 or even a 2,2 into full punishment. Hope this help's the Batman team, I will post more tech as I explore the game.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I can't get the timing down. I have the computer do the 113 and 223 strings, but I cant d1 out of the first two hits at all. what am I doing wrong REO

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wait so jump in attacks don't jail on block? so even if u land say batmans ji2 222 they can make that second 2 still wiff?