What's new

Tech Eliminating Dive Kick mix-up and Interrupting Strings

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
How are they gonna add crossups, and make divekicks blockable by just holding down...?
Its just the fact during his glide his kick isn't considered a jump attack and hits mid instead of overhead. Like how jump kicks in MK9 can be blocked ducking. Ducking when someone is jumping at you is a bad idea. ;)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Its just the fact during his glide his kick isn't considered a jump attack and hits mid instead of overhead. Ducking when someone is jumping at you is a bad idea. ;)
That is true.

So, 223 jails on stand block but can be interrupted in between 2 [interrupt] 23?

First one is, just duck and D1 after 11 right, doesn't matter if you're crouch or stand-blocking.

AssassiN

Noob
How are they gonna add crossups, and make divekicks blockable by just holding down...?
That's why all jump-ins are overheads.
Batman still has his overhead 3 from the glide and divekick allows you to pressure your opponent on block.
Just that it can't be cancelled into his overhead, so you really only have to fear his low or a throw at that point.

REO

Undead
It should be noted during the glide Batman can do his elbow drop which is an overhead. Granted its only 9% but maybe its enough to get people to stop holding down? Time will tell.
Due to the angle of glide~hard it's not possible to make it ambiguous. Your opponent can easily react to you being in glide and just hold crouch if you're above them. If you're not directly above them, then there's no reason to hold down. Glide~hard is also death on whiff.

So, 223 jails on stand block but can be interrupted in between 2 [interrupt] 23?

First one is, just duck and D1 after 11 right, doesn't matter if you're crouch or stand-blocking.
Correct on both.

That's why all jump-ins are overheads.
Batman still has his overhead 3 from the glide and divekick allows you to pressure your opponent on block.
Just that it can't be cancelled into his overhead, so you really only have to fear his low or a throw at that point.
Dive kick is actually negative on block. You can even be full combo punished if blocked at a high enough angle.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I guess it's the same idea with this as Akuma's Demon Flip dive kick in AE. Shit would be too strunk. However Akuma still has an overhead dive kick too. Why is Gouki so good? ;_;

Curious, did you look at the frames to figure out holes or just tested, would like to know when I get the game and start figuring out things myself.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I don't understand why holding down should allow you to block. It should either be back or forward while holding down to block :/

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

REO

Undead
Curious, did you look at the frames to figure out holes or just tested, would like to know when I get the game and start figuring out things myself.
Just have someone mash down+light for you when you do strings or moves on block.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Btw injustice just leaked somehow apparently :/ REO

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I really wonder how much will change from this demo, to full version of the game. Some of this shit wont be the same, right?!?!? We're all so hyped up that we're probably learning/teaching a bunch of useless garbage.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Due to the angle of glide~hard it's not possible to make it ambiguous. Your opponent can easily react to you being in glide and just hold crouch if you're above them. If you're not directly above them, then there's no reason to hold down. Glide~hard is also death on whiff.
No way to make the elbow ambiguous but the point is you can't duck whenever you see the glide if he keeps doing the elbow drop instead of the kick. If you do it late enough in the glide it connects and won't pass over them. Not saying its most desireable but worth mentioning.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I don't understand why holding down should allow you to block. It should either be back or forward while holding down to block :/
My guess would be for pad users. I couldn't tell you how many times where I would play a Street Fighter game on a standard pad because I had nothing else and I would eat low attacks where I would have swore on my life that I was crouch-blocking. Digital pads that only have arrows for the four cardinal directions seem to have a tough time registering a diagonal when you're positive that you are holding a diagonal direction to either crouch-block or jump forward/backward.