What's new

EGP Tyrant - The Jax player from Evo

So I noticed not a lot of people knew who the Jax player was who outplayed Online Tony, I am simply here to tell you that his name is E.J. Williamson (A.K.A. EGP Tyrant).

He's from Rowland Heights in Southern California and the EGP tag that he brandishes next to his name stands for "Epic Gamer Productions."

Epic Gamer Productions holds local tournaments in Rowland Heights that include competitive MvC3, SSFIVAE, MK9 and Smash Bros. Brawl gameplay.

I am brand new to the forums and do not know the rules on posting links to websites, so forgive me if I break a rule for posting this link, but this is Epic Gamer Production's main website: http://www.epicgamerproductions.com/concrete5/

If you ever wish to fight EGP Tyrant for yourself, or simply want to spectate his matches, follow the schedule and find him at the next tournament :)

And for those of you who are questioning whether or not we will see EGP Tyrant fight again at Evo 2012, the answer is a definite yes, you will see him again next year.

yeah, looking forward seeing him play his Jax again!
Really loves the match against Online-Tony where he knocked Tony's Kabal to Losers!
Eventually Lost to REO's Mileena, but not without a fight! He Took a Round in the first match and was a handfull in the 2nd.
Really wanted to see CDjr's Jax in the mix as well, but hey... ;)

Yeah, I think he lost against REO in de Semi-Finals (Top16). Could be wrong...
You can see him match against REO on the recorded stream. (near the end)

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Yeah, I think he lost against REO in de Semi-Finals (Top16). Could be wrong...
You can see him match against REO on the recorded stream. (near the end)
So he got higher than Tom Brady?

Well I think he owes him something. A beer?

yup, he got higher than Brady. Brady had some difficult matches. Think Brady lost to Sabin's Reptile.
On the other hand, Tyrant send Online-Tony's Kabal to Losers in the pools. Top Jax if u ask me.

virtiqaL

Noob
Amazing performance by Tyrant. I was hoping he could win it all with his Jax.

I believe it was Brady who said that Jax would never make it to the Top 16 of a major MK tourney... lol.

Hi all, if you guys look back at the "evo favorites" thread, you'll see that he was my pick to take the whole thing. I actually have tons of his footage from his matches in SoCal tournaments. These matches are all versus me and Krayzie Bone. Tyrant asked me if I could upload his matches for him, and I told him I would - but I intentionally waited for EVO to pass so he would catch people off guard. When I get home from vegas monday, if he is still cool with it i'll get that footage online.

I think with me and krayzie bone combined, he has beaten us in a grand finals tournament setting either 4 or 5 times lol. Congrats on your work EJ!!!

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
He will definitely be back next year. I recorded all his matches at Evo and I should have them uploaded to my youtube channel by tomorrow.

Does anyone have a link to the stream where he wrecked Online Tony in the quarters? i would love to hear what Tom Brady said about a Jax player making it into the top 16. He was 1 win away from top 8 and he made Reo work for it. He belongs up on the big stage and he'll come even stronger next year.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Tier list upsets are always awesome, really itching to see more of this guy in the future!

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Tyrant's match against OnlineTony was without a doubt top 5 best matches of EVO. I love the beat down he hands out in the corner. Way to prove all the naysayers wrong. Low tier my ass