What's new

EGP Arkade Kombat - The Return of Thunder Dome

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton

EGP - Organizers of SoCal's premier Mortal Kombat tournaments presents "Arkade Kombat".

Thunder Dome is back! However it's got a new night and location...so I gave it a new name. We're bringing this event back with a bang by handing out awesome prizes and giveaways....a Klassic Mortal Kombat Fightstick, Nos/MadCatz Swag and copies of Halo Reach. Help us make this the biggest and most epic monthly in PacSouth!!!

Pacific Blvd and Saturn Ave (Southwest corner)
Huntington Park, CA 90255
Map: http://g.co/maps/gfr3j

Venue Info: ALL GAMES/POOL TABLES ARE ON FREE PLAY! Your venue fee grants you access to the ENTIRE arcade on free play ALL night including pool tables. This is a HUGE arcade with plenty of space. Their list of games includes Street Fighter, Ultimate Marvel, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, King of Fighters, Max Tune, Intial D and many more including lots of old school games. They also have about 8 pool tables.

Parking: Plenty of spots on Pacific Blvd. They're metered but are free after 8pm. Before that it's only $1 per hour. Free parking behind the AT&T store on the Northwest corner of Pacific & Saturn.

Time: 8:00pm - 11:00pm. If you are running late text me at 714-476-7793 and I'll put you in the bracket.

Lineup: Mortal Kombat 9, King of Fighters XIII

Schedule: Thursday January 5th. This will be a a monthly event. Show up and rep the community in force. I would like to move these events to Saturdays so NorCal and Vegas can show up. The only way we can make that happen is by packing out this arcade on the 5th in order to convince the owner to let us move it to Saturdays.

Price:
$5 cash pot (per game)
$5 venue vee (part of this money goes to the arcade and the other goes to operating costs. This also give you access to the entire arcade on free play)
NEW PLAYERS ONLY $2. If you are new to the game and this is your first EGP tournament you only pay $2. Spread the word!

Payout: 70/20/10
Prizes: In addition to cash: 1st place in MK will receive a brand new Klassic Limited Edition Fight Stick. This fight stick also includes copies of the original MK, MK2 and UMK3! Top 3 players in KOF and MK will also receive copies of Halo Reach!! $50 cash pot BONUS to each game pending 20 unique competitors for each game.

Setup: PS3, Asus Monitors, Double Elim, Evo Rules

LIVE STREAM: http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp

Site: http://www.EpicGamerProductions.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EpicGamerProductions
Twitter: @EGP_Compton

About EGP: We have graciously been accredited for reviving the MK community in SoCal by top players such as Krayzie, Wonder Chef, Shoryuken 88 and Tyrant. We love this game and will continue to be dedicated to putting it on the main stage at our events where we believe it belongs. We are completely community driven and are endlessly dedicated to providing the best tournament experience possible to our deserving players.

Damn, have to work that night, and I already have multi day off requests in January. Brian, if you pm your mailing address, I'll send $10 just to support EGP and the venue.

EGP_Compton

Brian Compton
Damn, have to work that night, and I already have multi day off requests in January. Brian, if you pm your mailing address, I'll send $10 just to support EGP and the venue.
That's cool as hell man, thanks. PM is on the way. BTW congrats to your little bro for exposing Canada at SCR. If you listen to 16Bit's pod cast Dink said Tyrant is over rated and Satsui is the sickest player in SoCal....SALT!! lmfao....good stuff.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Why are you so niiiiiiice!?

Also it's looking like we might be getting some KOF heads that I've never met. I sure hope so!

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Got to support the scene brah. Anyhow my offer is retracted as I'll be attending this event in the flesh. Hopefully there's a large turn out.

-Clocking

LEGEND

YES!
i'm not going to be able to make it unless i can hitch a ride with one of you guys that are going

its my birthday tomorrow (no joke) and would really like to go.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Chef if ye still need a ride by tomorrow, hit me up on my cell. (pming you the number) I wouldn't be able to grab ye until 6, need to pick up Sats from school @ 5:30.

Doesn't Legend live in O.C? Wouldn't be able to swing that, but hopefully somebody can grab him. :horse:

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
That's cool as hell man, thanks. PM is on the way. BTW congrats to your little bro for exposing Canada at SCR. If you listen to 16Bit's pod cast Dink said Tyrant is over rated and Satsui is the sickest player in SoCal....SALT!! lmfao....good stuff.
lol, didn't catch this mssg until right now. It's funny, because the SoCal player this kid looks up to the most is Tyrant. He even start messing around with Jax on the side after his first EGP session, all based on being impressed by Tyrant's game play. This cat air grab me out of an iaf for crying out loud, major RESPECT!

Nothing against Shujinky though, he's a hell of a player, and by all indication a stand up fellow.

LEGEND

YES!
Chef if ye still need a ride by tomorrow, hit me up on my cell. (pming you the number) I wouldn't be able to grab ye until 6, need to pick up Sats from school @ 5:30.

Doesn't Legend live in O.C? Wouldn't be able to swing that, but hopefully somebody can grab him. :horse:
hopefully indeed, i need to get back into the tournys if i am to win Evo.

SOCAL FOR EVO CHAMP!

EDIT: and thanks for calling me legend, everyone calls me lethal now. I've been legend for 10 years :throwcomputer: but since i changed my tag due to clan issues i had to switch it up and put lethal in front. idk, i guess i kinda like lethal now, its growing on me

/Rant