What's new

Tech - Konjurer 'Egg to egg' combos

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I was just watching the NA ESL and saw Scar deciding to not combo off of his egg at all in order to get a nother egg set up. Some times it would be from a 50/50 or from a raw egg.
I understand dashing them into the corner but he was mising out on damage when he did this in the corner. Even when an egg lands you can still setup another egg safely of a knockdown and get okie. You're of course still missing out on a lot of damage going for a full combo though.

The hugger does 3%, so if you don't combo and setup another egg that's all you're getting. I don't see the point in that. Why sacrifice so much damage to get another egg setup when you're last egg setup just succeded? By at least doing a njp, njk/njp you get 13% damage and a safe egg call. IF you get it from a 50/50 (b3~db3 or f4~db3) you get 24% instead of 15%.

It works midscreen to and you can dash 3 times rather than 6 times.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I was labbing konjurer the other day and i was thinking "Hmm...There must be something to this HUGE frame advantage and time takes the opponent to drop down and get up from the egg on hit." Good stuff.

Colby that was nasty u mind if u not so busy showing a nobody like me some of ur time when I have questions on this variation via pm ? I feel like this variation has so much stuff no shown yet . Going drop acidic for this

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
This is good stuff, I admit I kind of wrote off Konjurer because of the inability to loop into the egg. But with this as well as Scar showing you can dash multiple times for corner carry, I'm starting to get back into it.

colby4898

This is good stuff, I admit I kind of wrote off Konjurer because of the inability to loop into the egg. But with this as well as Scar showing you can dash multiple times for corner carry, I'm starting to get back into it.
If you could loop into an egg after a ~35% combo that would be ridiculous. Sacraficing the damage for the setup though is more fair.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
If you could loop into an egg after a ~35% combo that would be ridiculous. Sacraficing the damage for the setup though is more fair.
the hkd from letting them fall was already known, the issue with it is the damage u are losing. that's one reason i don't really like the egg to egg combos. even with what you showed, it would be better to just do f134 ex crawl f134 egg call and they land straight into the circle.(if they tech roll, do it far and they roll into the u can run in 50/50 or grab to make the egg reconnect, OR you can bait armored wakeup and another 30% added for punish. i like the idea behind letting them fall, but alien already has great corner carry with 1 to 2 combos. i'd rather do the damaging combo into a egg setup. if big damaging egg to egg combos were a thing, konjurer would be gamebreaking lol

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Safe egg set-up is one thing but are you plus enough to press a button afterwards?

colby4898

the hkd from letting them fall was already known, the issue with it is the damage u are losing. that's one reason i don't really like the egg to egg combos. even with what you showed, it would be better to just do f134 ex crawl f134 egg call and they land straight into the circle.(if they tech roll, do it far and they roll into the u can run in 50/50 or grab to make the egg reconnect, OR you can bait armored wakeup and another 30% added for punish. i like the idea behind letting them fall, but alien already has great corner carry with 1 to 2 combos. i'd rather do the damaging combo into a egg setup. if big damaging egg to egg combos were a thing, konjurer would be gamebreaking lol
I completely agree. It's not something I do very often mid screen but in the corner I think it's good. But not to be done every time. I just thought it was worth sharing as I think what I saw scar doing wasn't necessary to lose so much damage if you do decide to go for the setup. Players preference.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Neutral jump kick or double neutral jump punch does NOT cause a hard knockdown. But egg has very fast recovery so I don't think it's punishable. Can you test it again with tech roll on?

colby4898

Safe egg set-up is one thing but are you plus enough to press a button afterwards?
Well you rarely are when it comes to placing an egg other than f134. It's making you're opponent not want to press a button on knowckdown because they fear the hugger. In a lot of setups they can even poke out if it hits, it's all about conditioning.