What's new

Effective HSmoke trick?

Has anybody else noticed that with HSmoke, if you do not do the HK, D+LP, D+HP combo fast enough, it ends up breaking the combo?

I was wondering if anybody uses this over XBL to "trick" people into thinking they're still being comboed? I mean, people can stop you during this but if you do a HK, LP, jumppunch, teleport, spear, "fake" HK D+LP D+HP, you can end up throwing a aaHP, spear, and repeat this fake combo over again.

It doesn't count as one big combo, but at least against noobs they'll think they're being comboed the whole time (possibly)?

Has anyone tried this? I'd experiment, but our schools wired connection is down.

ded

Elder God
Human Smoke has one sketchy infinite, in which you can perform his bread and butter combo over and over by intentionally breaking it at the D+LP. The window to achieve this comboable break is approximately 1 frame. It is almost worthless to try because you can throw away a match trying to do this. The combo breaks and allows you to perform his Teleport Punch and Harpoon over and over each rotation.
the link under message boards: http://www.ultimatemk.com/cguide.php

ipushmycar said:
Has anybody else noticed that with HSmoke, if you do not do the HK, D+LP, D+HP combo fast enough, it ends up breaking the combo?

I was wondering if anybody uses this over XBL to "trick" people into thinking they're still being comboed? I mean, people can stop you during this but if you do a HK, LP, jumppunch, teleport, spear, "fake" HK D+LP D+HP, you can end up throwing a aaHP, spear, and repeat this fake combo over again.

It doesn't count as one big combo, but at least against noobs they'll think they're being comboed the whole time (possibly)?

Has anyone tried this? I'd experiment, but our schools wired connection is down.
Yea I have done it, Works against noobs only though, everyone else will block it.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I would never suggest trying to break the combo. I play as if everyone knows certain things about the game, ei, holding back to prevent throws, blocking combos completely etc. If they don't, they get messed up and hopefully learn.