What's new

Breakthrough Eddy Wang Rant on Bird Lao

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
Need some footage of good Bird Lao. Urs @A Foxy Grampa probably if u say he is so good.

Can i count MK_Legend as Bird Lao btw or his style is more retarded?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Walking backwards opens up his 24 string really well, the range on it is massive. But it's only any good to you if you stance check, but I've never seen any other KL stance check still, so its just a waste of his potential still.
I meant walking away from the way that he's landing. So like if this is the screen

1-2-3

and lao is at 1, I'm at 2, then he dive kicks over me to 3, I would walk over to 1 ASAP. That should put you way out of 24 range.

because if ur changing ur stance they could take advantage and come in
thats pure theory, just try it. it doesnt even take a second to check if the stance is the same as your opponents. just know that kung laos throw, low hat on hit and f2 will change his stance.

also even if you think its too hard to do its still not an excuse for any kung lao player to not use 24 x ray because that is not stance specific, this can lead to huge unbreakable damage to end a match or round.

Vagrant

Noob
Dizzy used this shit on me last thursday.... It's a decent strategy.... Nothing too gamebreaking though....

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
thats pure theory, just try it. it doesnt even take a second to check if the stance is the same as your opponents. just know that kung laos throw, low hat on hit and f2 will change his stance.

also even if you think its too hard to do its still not an excuse for any kung lao player to not use 24 x ray because that is not stance specific, this can lead to huge unbreakable damage to end a match or round.
does low hat only change stance if u cancel it up close and it hits? or if it hits from a distance?

does low hat only change stance if u cancel it up close and it hits? or if it hits from a distance?
the opponent will change their stance if they get hit by a low hat no matter what range. for example if kung lao throws you he will ALWAYS be in the wrong stance, if you either follow it up with a low hat on hit or f2 you will change ur stance to the correct one.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I have been playing the MU quite a bit as of late and I feel as if it is not bird Lao that is bothersome. It's his safe and fast footsies.

I play this MU with more u3 than any I have ever fought. U3, u34, u3dd, u34 dd, etc...u3 picks Lao up out of f3 for good damage. I don't waste meter on armor or EDC I just finish combos with f43 mostly unless I go for eh overhead on reset or d4 EDC f2 or b1 combo to chip him out.

It's just a footsie battle and converting off of AA daggers and random u3 hitting...lol. I also get lots to counter pokes into d4 rd slide damage. There is not much opportunity for big damage in this MU.

Whether it's 5-5 or 4-6 I don't care...it's winnable and that's all that matters. It's a grind for sure though.