What's new

Eddie Murphy: Does he have any chance of being funny ever again? New Beverly Hills Cop announced

Personally, I think he has a chance to be funny, but comedy has changed from back in the 90s and earlier times, the type of funny that Eddie Murphy does cannot be portrayed in today's movie industry nor make people want to see the movie, by the shit that people watch now days and find "funny".

I think comedy now has evolved or devolved? Into mostly highly sexual jokes and or just dumb humor centered around teenage/college demographic.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Personally, I think he has a chance to be funny, but comedy has changed from back in the 90s and earlier times, the type of funny that Eddie Murphy does cannot be portrayed in today's movie industry nor make people want to see the movie, by the shit that people watch now days and find "funny".

I think comedy now has evolved or devolved? Into mostly highly sexual jokes and or just dumb humor centered around teenage/college demographic.

Agreed completely.

All I know is Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are coming out with a new movie soon that I'm hoping very highly will reinvigorate my faith in comedy. Either that or a new Lewis Black special.

Good lord, would that make my day...

Also: Donkey is as good as Murphy's gotten in a very long time.
Donkey <3

Honestly comedic movies haven't worked in a while. Look at Kevin Hart, he's like number one comedian right now, but the movies he plays in are just...so...bad lol