What's new

Ed Boon: No DLC Stages, 100 Costumes, and More

Eddyward

Noob
Game Informer recently had an interview with Ed Boon about DLC.

On Stages and DLC Characters:
"There are currently no plans to add new stages for DLC. We are going to have at least four characters... Beyond the four, there isn't anything we can announce. I certainly don't think I can safely say that it's four and only four."

On Costumes:
"Yes. This game has literally over 100 costumes between pre-order stuff, the ones you can buy, and the ones packed in the game. There's a ton of them. Giving people costumes is the way we can push the other content... The way we're going to do that is to give away costumes. When you get your free costumes, you'll also get the necessary content to be compatible with everyone, so there's no issue of people not having downloads... We don't want people to download something and not get something out of it. So we're giving them these free skins."

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/17/netherrealms-ed-boon-moving-beyond-mortal-kombat-hints-on-injustice-dlc-and-life-after-midway.aspx?PostPageIndex=3

Eddyward

Noob
I don't mind that there will be no DLC stages; I usually don't buy DLC stages anyways. I am very excited that there's over 100 costumes, though. Characters and costumes are the only extra content that I actually spend money on. This gives me hope that The Dark Knight Rises Catwoman made it in the game. :X

Cruz

Banned
Sinestro's new 52 will hopefully be his Green Lantern outfit.

Hopefully a younger Raven in a white cloak?
That would be a cheap skin like yellow Hal, we already have the yellow/green emotion in the game lets at some swaps
like Saint Walker for Sinestro or blue lantern Kyle for Hal, that would make me verry happy blue lantern color.

I think this confirms classic costumes.

But this is my main desire.
First appearance costumes.

Superman with my avatar logo
Batman with outward ears and purple gloves
Jay Garrick Flash
Alan Scott Green Lantern
Star Spangled Skirt Wonder Woman
Disco Nightwing
Green Arrow with red boots, gloves and feather
Joker with purple trench coat and hat
Blue and black Sinestro
Green suit Doomsday (Confirmed)
Purple dress and green cape Catwoman.

Also every fucking Catwoman costume over the years. There's way to many of them.

God dang it! One of best innovations I have seen in a fighting game and no more of them? (No chances of more DLC Interactable, Multi Tiered Maps).

Too bad. Though I don't think I will get bored of the ones we have now for awhile.

Komatose

The Prettiest
God dang it! One of best innovations I have seen in a fighting game and no more of them? (No chances of more DLC Interactable, Multi Tiered Maps).

Too bad. Though I don't think I will get bored of the ones we have now for awhile.
I've honestly never heard of Map-based DLC in a fighter. It would definitely be a first for me lol.

Ugh, the no DLC stages is disappointing because we got two half-assed stages that are literally redecos of other stages and two stages without transitions at all(Atlantis and Ferris). An Oa and Titan's Tower stage would've been most welcome.

EDIT: And if the 100 costumes thing isn't hyperbole, every character would get 4. Considering some already have more than that, I wouldn't count on everyone getting the same amount of costumes any way.

tazzmission

Banned
we better get more charachters after this 4 otherwise ill be pretty mad just like mk9 seeing as boon stated if the fans asked for more they wouldve done it comment..................