What's new

Ed Boon MK1 Truth or Troll

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Really just seems like Boon is doing some damage control for the stress test issue.

It's a real shame they don't have some sort of, I dunno, Community Manager or something to interact with fans and handle all of this.

Last edited:

Kokoko

Somehow
  1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1. NO
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters. NO
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1. NO
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1 YES
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters. YES
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities. YES
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene. YES
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1. NO
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1. NO
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT. YES

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Motaro konfirmed

Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters. No, Shujinko was a move-stealer. He isnt memorable in terms of moveset at all. He deserves revamp and his own movesets. Kameos are limited so I dont believe thats the case here.
This is actually a very good point. Shujinko would be pointless.

It's a real shame they don't have some sort, I dunno, Community Manager or something to interact with fans and handle all of this.
Where the hell is Tyler?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
"Oh boy! We're two weeks out from the gameplay reveal! The media and reveals should start pumping out soon!"

Lord Boon: Here's some text only tweets of some shit that may or may not be in the game, idk.
Someone screenshot this and post it under his replies lmao

Benlo

PrayforSareena
WB always had a weird community management. Not only for Mortal Kombat, also others games (Batman games, Hogwarts Legacy, ... ) They always stay mute for months, and act with no logic.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
  1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1. Who knows ? Maybe the "Floyd" rumour ? Anything can happen here, hehe
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters. Maybe. Since Kameo will be used to make some not popular or very obscure character to be used in an attempt to gain some sympathy or minor popularity increase among the fanbase, so, anything goes here
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1. Troll. If this was to happen, it was to being coming before in MK11 or MKX; maybe in future, but not in MK1
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1. Troll. Only relevant if NRS was planning to use Hulk as guest, so, no way
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters. Troll. If Meat end making to the Kameo roster, will more like a meme homage, but , will not be something "broken" at gameplay wise level
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities. It's possible, and would be very cool indeed !
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene. Truth, this is predictable , so, you can be sure that something will come out in there !
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1. Troll. Puzzle Kombat is not the extra mode more demanded so far, and is kinda boring, so, nope
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1. Oh yeah, Ed, I see what you did here ..... love you are confirming that Motaro will be Kameo, right ?
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT. Troll, Test your Might is way more popular , so, that's it !

Last edited:

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
This is actually a very good point. Shujinko would be pointless.
Not at all, I think... Shang in MK11 was basically the way they found to introduce all the ninjas in the roster by having shang steal their moves. I think, precisely because of that, Shujinko could serve the same purpose - by having copied moves from multiple classic characters, we can have Raiden, Sindel and Li Mei assists without them ever being actually in the kameo roster. Of course, that would probably amount to ONE special move from 3 different characters, but still...

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Not at all, I think... Shang in MK11 was basically the way they found to introduce all the ninjas in the roster by having shang steal their moves. I think, precisely because of that, Shujinko could serve the same purpose - by having copied moves from multiple classic characters, we can have Raiden, Sindel and Li Mei assists without them ever being actually in the kameo roster. Of course, that would probably amount to ONE special move from 3 different characters, but still...
Sounds limited, but still, I think people are more receptive to Shang Tsung doing this.

Imagine this game having no Smoke and no Noob Saibot, and suddenly Shujinko is using their moves lmao the rage will be legendary

1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1. Maybe? Could be the new character Boon mentioned, but I'd say not this time.
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters. For Shujinko to be Kameo he first needs to be a character, I mean, he doesn't have a single move to call his own lol maybe if he got some proper development first he could make it to MK2? I'd say no for this one too.
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1. I'll say true just because I want to will it to existence, would be a very nice finisher to rescue from MK3.
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1. Who is this bitch?
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters. I could see Meat being Kameo considering Khameleon is already there to populate this character tier. Stronger? You'd think the purpose would be to balance them so... no?
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities. I really want it, but I read somewhere the official Twitter said it wouldn't happen. Anyone got info on this?
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene. This one is not really that daring and kinda fits the vibes Boon loves about the cinematic story mode being presented in an MCU kinda way, so pretty sure it's true.
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1. Don't see this happening, they would probably put the money into more main game integrated modes.
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1. Probably false, and Motaro has been featured in a very prominent alleged leak so...
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT. Could totally see this happening, since it's a far simpler addition when compared to other kinds of robust side modes like Puzzle or Motor Kombat.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
  1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1.
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters.
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1.
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters.
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities.
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene.
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1.
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1.
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT.

1 - Man , the Sub vs Liu clash talk about elemental really make me think about a looooot of things now ,ok , the more ordinary answer is ...if it happen gonna be a White Ninja using wind powers or using light powers (kinda dualist liu in mkx not raidens light) ,now the complex/cosmic/crackhead trippy theory....they can use 2 colors in fusion now , Ermac is red ninja with green powers , first reptile was green with sub zero and scorpion moves , chameleon uses all colors , maybe...just maybe we can get a half Blue half grey Ninja using shock moves , we could get red/blue ninja using dark flames and pink poison flames ?
what about a ninja that summons animals ? his color ? white/Grey and black.....maybe a pink orange ninja that uses plants like poison ivy and cetrion too ?
PLS NRS DO THAT !!!!!

2 - high chances

3 - hmm maybe for stryker , would love to see his T-Rex again , probably they gonna pick the best animalitys if they bring back

4 - dam Lou is a legacy dude would be cool to see him as a Kameo , Hulk rights r tied with universal not fully marvel soo ? probably Lou could be Maniac cop DLC ?

5 - hope Meat uses unblockable grabs like in armaggedon and got nerf week 1 hahahahahah

6 - 100% sure

7 - 100% sure

8 - hmm probably in a scene in history mode but not for us sadly

9 - Motaro Konfirmed and probably gonna be top tier of kameos

10 - probably but not like Deadly Alliance , maybe they use this to make us grind for gears and let ppl learn more about mK LORE

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Gonna guess it with half bias half thought:

1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1.
Doubt it.
2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters.
Definitely.
3. Animalities are returning in MK1.
I think these are gone forever.
4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1.
Doubt it.
5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters.
Subtle confirm Meat is Kameo. No chance in hell he's strong, will be a joke Kameo.
6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities.
Probably the most obvious, of course.
7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene.
Second most obvious, yep.
8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1.
Nah, don't think so.
9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1.
Motaro will be a Kameo
10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT.
Unsure, but I'll say yea.

So 5 yes 5 no lol. I am correct.
I agree with many of those.

I'll take a guess at this too for fun:

1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1. Yes - could this be a way of expanding on the Dreamrealm? I think they will focus on more realms in MK1. Possible KP2, only new character and a story mode NPC?
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters. Yes
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1. Nahhh, I'd be very surprised if this was true. Too complex to animate
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1. Ed did mention another actor skin so.... maybe? Dunno who he'd be though
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters. I think this is true, highly likely to be a Kameo imo
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities. Yes - makes sense
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene. Yes (obvious)
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1. No, I think Ed already deconfirmed this in an interview when asked about returning game modes
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1. True, but Motaro is returning as a Kameo not playable roster
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT. No, I think Ed deconfirmed this too somewhere? Can't remember.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
I’m here for a pink ninja. Granted, I’ve always wanted a pink, female, full-cyborg (not like Frost) ninja with lasers. But I’ll take what I can get.
Pink with Black ninja with pink lasers , control of plants like poison ivy would be perfect , and his lore should be "the avatar of nature born to save all botanic lives" and his rival should be male dvorah and kaytheen in general.

1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1 - CLEAR NO, this is the whole Pink Floyd joke Boon was running. It's not happening.
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters - 50/50 - He could be, but I have a hard time seeing how he would work. If he is, then he's likely not in from the get go.
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1. - CLEAR NO - it's just not happening and it shouldn't
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1 - NO - I hope not.
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters. - 50/50 - I think he's in, but not necessarily one of the stronger ones. Most likely very weak and that's why it's a nice troll.
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities. NO - Even deconfirmed right now, but doesn't mean they won't be down the line. I think there's a good chance they might get 1-2.
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene. YES - Seems pretty likely
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1. NO - Already deconfirmed.
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1. YES - Clearly confirming Motaro again.
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT. YES - At least one small fun mode should be in, so yes.