What's new

Ed Boon MK1 Truth or Troll

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Ed Boon just posted polls, claiming that some are truth and some are trolls. We still don't have the actual answers to these questions, but I think it would be interesting to discuss them.

1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1.
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters.
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1.
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters.
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities.
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene.
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1.
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1.
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT.
Twitter Thread

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I’m pretty sure animalities are coming back. MK9 had babies, MKX had brutals, MK11 had brutals and friendships. MK1 already has brutals so I can see animalities coming back, especially with this new engine

also you can hear an animal during the “finish him” sequence

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Gonna guess it with half bias half thought:

1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1.
Doubt it.
2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters.
Definitely.
3. Animalities are returning in MK1.
I think these are gone forever.
4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1.
Doubt it.
5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters.
Subtle confirm Meat is Kameo. No chance in hell he's strong, will be a joke Kameo.
6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities.
Probably the most obvious, of course.
7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene.
Second most obvious, yep.
8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1.
Nah, don't think so.
9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1.
Motaro will be a Kameo
10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT.
Unsure, but I'll say yea.

So 5 yes 5 no lol. I am correct.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Ok, let me also guess it

There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1. No, not yet. But next MK probably yes.
Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters. No, Shujinko was a move-stealer. He isnt memorable in terms of moveset at all. He deserves revamp and his own movesets. Kameos are limited so I dont believe thats the case here.
Animalities are returning in MK1. No, its the worst -lity in the series. It just cannot return.
Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1 I have no fucking clue who this guy is
Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters. He might be Kameo. Point is... what he considers strongest. This sentence is tricky. Id say Nope.
Kameo fighters will have Brutalities. yes, thats easy
MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene. yes, and it wouldnt be a big surprise
Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1. no, but some other mode will return.
There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1. no. Motaro will be a kameo. Its a perfect opportunity to include him
MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT. No, but test your might will return

Let's save this thread somehow and check post release

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
  1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1. Nah
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters. Possibly, although I think he isn't
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1. Ahm... not likely, unless they make it really cool I don't see people interested in doing it
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1 ...okay so I took the time to search his name and I can say with 100% that he's in!
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters. Sure, along with Moloch and Drahmin. Actually this one looks like it's so troll it's true.
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities. Yes
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene. Yes
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1. No
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1. laughs in Motaro
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT. I hope so

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If you imagine the amount of time they could have just spent doing something actually decent, instead of having fucking animalities...
Something decent, like RAIN BASE ROSTER? XD

My point is, anything to bring back goofy mk stuff is a win. I don't care if they're animalities or neck stretching fatalities. There needs to be that cheese amongst all the gore.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Animalities better be troll if they gonna look like Nightwolf's bear and wolf in MK11. We don't need LED animals in our lives.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Something decent, like RAIN BASE ROSTER? XD

My point is, anything to bring back goofy mk stuff is a win. I don't care if they're animalities or neck stretching fatalities. There needs to be that cheese amongst all the gore.
I was thinking more like: more fatalities, more different moves, different animations rather than the same 3-way perfect slices for cuts in animations, death traps even! And I can think of literally every other fucking -lity being better than your favourite fighter turning into a random animal to do stuff with the opponent idk.

I know MK is sometimes ridiculous (vide: Jax's enormous stomp) but come on. Let's at least have a limit and stick to the theme ;)

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Ed Boon just posted polls, claiming that some are truth and some are trolls. We still don't have the actual answers to these questions, but I think it would be interesting to discuss them.

1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1. No new characters according to leakers makes me think: False.
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters. A little far-fetched, but could be a way to introduce special moves for characters that didnt make the cut to the kameo roster (raiden eletric torpedo, li mei cartwheel kicks, etc). Plausible.
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1. My gut tells me: False.
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1. Dumb marketing with celebs no one ever heard about? Yeah, that's NRS! True.
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters. Could be a Kameo fighter, no way he's one of the stronger (developers wouldnt have that bias before the game was properly tested for months). Half-true at best.
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities. That looks somewhat simple to make and makes sense. True.
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene. We had that in MKX. True.
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1. I don't wanna get my hopes up, but that would be very cool. True (I hope!)
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1. Boon is obviously teasing Motaro, who my gut tells me WILL be a kameo. False.
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT. Could be a nice minigame for casuals, we had test your might in MKX. True.
Twitter Thread

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
At this point I'm secretly kinda afraid the actually didn't really have anything to show other than the 4 characters we saw. No story mode script written yet, no 3d models for the remaining characters made yet, no krypt/extra content sorted out. Little less than four months until launch and NRS didn't actually make anything other than the base coding/mechanics, some stages, and a handful of characters. :DOGE Launch post-poned in 1.5 years confirmed

Could you guys imagine it lmao

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
  1. There will be a new color ninja introduced in MK1. Troll, there are no new colors, we've already discovered them all.
  2. Shujinko will be one of the Kameo Fighters. Troll, I don't know who that is or care.
  3. Animalities are returning in MK1. Troll, it's actually going to be Animorphs. Day 1 Marco main right here.
  4. Lou Ferrigno will be making an appearance in MK1. Troll inside a truth, Johnny Cage has a Lou Ferrigno poster in his mansion.
  5. Meat is one of the stronger Kameo fighters. Troll, he's one of the stronger Base Roster fighters.
  6. Kameo fighters will have Brutalities. True, but you have to play MK Mobile to unlock them.
  7. MK1 Story Mode will have a post-credit scene. True, it's for the next Marvel Avengers teamup movie. What can I say, Disney is everywhere.
  8. Puzzle Kombat will be returning in MK1. Troll, Chess Kombat will return.
  9. There are no 4-legged fighters in MK1. Troll, there will be a 4-legged fighter available in the morning, 2 legged fighter in the afternoon, and 3 legged fighter in the evening.
  10. MK1 will feature the return of TEST YOUR SIGHT. Troll, MK1 will feature the return of Test Your Might as a highly trafficked website.