What's new

Ed Boon Confirms 2/6 MKX Boots via Twitter

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
How is that deconfirmed? Marshal Mathers is the real slim shady. I will refer you to this ... Eminem -Without Me-
Because in the previous tweet that disconfirmed Skarlet he said her chances were "slim to the shady". Ie slim, but he was making an Eminem joke which he then continues with the "Marshall to the Mathers" thing.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
How is that deconfirmed? Marshal Mathers is the real slim shady. I will refer you to this ... Eminem -Without Me-
Well Troll, Boon said Marshal to Mathers so that translates to slim to shady. The question asked what are ther chances of Rain returning and boon answered slim to shady. Good song though you linked, in my top 10 Eminem songs!

T.roll

Heel
Because in the previous tweet that disconfirmed Skarlet he said her chances were "slim to the shady". Ie slim, but he was making an Eminem joke which he then continues with the "Marshall to the Mathers" thing.
I am going to not assume he was referring to the previous tweet and hope he was referring to this song. Praise Be.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The fact that the third boot has a hole on it makes me 100% sure that it belongs to Liu Kang, zombie Liu Kang.
The second boot belongs to Ermac or Kenshi IMO.
The fifth one definitely belongs to Jax, it looks exactly like his previous boots and Boon's hint made it kinda obvious.
The last one must be Shinnok's

Scott The Scot

The fact that the third boot has a hole on it makes me 100% sure that it belongs to Liu Kang, zombie Liu Kang.
The fifth one definitely belongs to Jax, it looks exactly like his previous boots and Boon's hint made it kinda obvious.
Jax is disgusting, you'd think he'd buy a new pair of boots after 25 years :DOGE

Youphemism

2. Takeda, Kenshi will die in the comics and Takeda will have swordsmanship and telekinesis. That's who they were mo-cppaing for in the pic Ed Boon put up on Twitter a while back.
3. Fujin hopefully but it could be Liu Kang or Kung Jin too.
5. Jax maybe, but the evidence VGHD had seems too obvious. Might be someone else.
6. Could be Fujin, that might be his ponytail rather than Shinnok's staff. But I'm saying either Fujin or Shinnok.

Scott The Scot

Picture 6, Jades Son Emerald that she was carrying shortly before her death.

When Quan Chi tried to ressurect Jade from the dead his magic attached to the most vibrant life force, her unborn son Emerald.

Seizing the opportunity to raise and brainwash the offspring, Quan Chi taught Emerald his mothers ways using his Vessel, Ermac, who still carried Jade's soul. Sold to the service of Shinnok, Emerald was his right hand assassin.

Emerald grew up as a warrior of the Netherrealm. Working closely with Quan Chi and Shinnok he has mastered the power of reflection which causes him to reflect any projectile or attack. After a battle with the Thunder God Raiden, Emerald was enlightened to his true origins. He has taken on the bone staff in a show of respect (you will learn respect) of his mother and vows to punish Quan Chi and Shinnok for their treachory and avenge his Edenian Mother.
Do we know who the father is?

Scott The Scot

If Fujin.......*sobs*.....isn't in then at the moment I'm playing Commando Kano. I need to see Shinnok first before I decide if I'm maining him or not but I most likely will since he's a sorcerer and sorcery is hype.
Whoever you main, I will campaign on every forum, under multiple alias's to get he/sher nerfed soooo hard. You will play a shitter.

If Fujin.......*sobs*.....isn't in then at the moment I'm playing Commando Kano. I need to see Shinnok first before I decide if I'm maining him or not but I most likely will since he's a sorcerer and sorcery is hype.
Yeah, I like Shinnok a lot as well. My favorite villain and if both are in the game i'm definitely gonna use him as my secondary.

also lbsh Fujin will be in this game.. We need to be fucking confident!

Youphemism

Whoever you main, I will campaign on every forum, under multiple alias's to get he/sher nerfed soooo hard. You will play a shitter.
You will do no such fucking thing.

Unlike with Batgirl, I will actually fully downplay my character in MKX. SO FUCKING HARD in fact that they'll get buffed to number 1 character. And you'll end up playing them too you tier whore.
Yeah, I like Shinnok a lot as well. My favorite villain and if both are in the game i'm definitely gonna use him as my secondary.

also lbsh Fujin will be in this game.. We need to be fucking confident!
After the whole Twitter controversy I'm fucking hyped and I shouldn't be, just in case.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Unlike with Batgirl, I will actually fully downplay my character. SO FUCKING HARD in fact that they'll get nerfed to number 1 character. And you'll end up playing them too you tier whore.
Unlike with Batgirl, I will actually fully downplay my character.
Unlike with Batgirl, I will actually fully downplay my character.

Anyway, now I have a screenshot and a quote for when you do start downplaying in MKX and the drama kicks in, thanks! :DOGE :joker: :DOGE

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Not sure if we should take Boon's word, but he said those boots are a mix between returning and new characters.

Kinda tough to guess who these characters are if they are based on mkx designs from that image. Who honestly thought in that lineup of shoes one of them was Kitana?

Edit:
Apparently quite a few called it going by the og thread lol

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
if this Ed's statement regarding the boots (new chars + old chars) has any chance to be true, so my guess:

Boot #2 : Kabal or a new character
Boot #3 : a Shaolin-type char (Liu Kang or Kai) or Fujin
Boot #5 : Jax
Boot #6 : more likely to be a new character

Im a little underwhelmed by the fact of there being so many returning characters . I thought the roster would be 60% old, 40% new, but its looking like 75% old, 25% new.