What's new

easy character for beginners

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Superman. Superman is probably my best character and I have only played like 50 out of 300+ games with him.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I really want to learn Superman, but besides his f23x2 times I can't do anything else. All of his high damage combos are really hard.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Deathstroke is not a beginner character don't listen to these guys unless you wanna get blown-up left, right and centre.

If you're a beginner in FGs in general than it makes no difference, but if you're a beginner to IGAU than here are your top choices that can achieve maximum results with less effort than the rest:
1) Doomsday
2) Superman
3) Green Lantern
4) Black Adam
5) Batman

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Why does no one say killer frost? You could be top tier with her on your lunchbreak
as a beginner and new to MK style games, I find their inputs for back-forward very hard since it isn't like SF where you can be holding back to block and throw out a forward to finish out the command. It's really difficult to do combos that require motions like that for me. :|

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It is probably best to pick characters that will improve overall FG fundamentals:
Superman- Although it can be easy to scrub wins with him, against competent players he relies on spacing and whiff punishing
Raven- Will improve your zoning and spacing. Soul crush is a very easy move to learn to read your opponents
Grundy- Will force you to learn movement quickly, improving how you get in

There is probably more, but I would start with those 3. If you dont want to play superman(You will get a ton of flack for him), you could always try just Raven and Grundy

PJbottoms

The Impact-Dampened Boogerator
as a beginner and new to MK style games, I find their inputs for back-forward very hard since it isn't like SF where you can be holding back to block and throw out a forward to finish out the command. It's really difficult to do combos that require motions like that for me. :|

Change the controls to alternate scheme in the options. No more back-forward moves. They turn into half circles.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Deathstroke is not a beginner character don't listen to these guys unless you wanna get blown-up left, right and centre.

If you're a beginner in FGs in general than it makes no difference, but if you're a beginner to IGAU than here are your top choices that can achieve maximum results with less effort than the rest:
1) Doomsday
2) Superman
3) Green Lantern
4) Black Adam
5) Batman
Okay try doing Black Adams BnB 10 times in row and see how that goes

Vagrant

Noob
I'm not so sure about recommending Death Stroke to new players anymore.

His combos aren't beginner friendly
That day 1 random zoning shit will get him killed
He's pretty frame trap/ mixup reliant now and requires good spacing and whiff puishes at a high level

Try Doomsday

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I said nothing about DS, im just justifying in comparison with other chars BA is not easy to Learn,,, winning tourneys alot doesn't mean easy to play, just means has the right tools, but doesn't mean there easy to use

Edit: dont really know if your agreeing with me, or arguing against me

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
1) Green Lantern. I literally played him 20 mins in the lab. execution wise, hes very simple, good wake ups, decent damage, all around a great character.
2) Superman. Basically he's just like Green Lantern in my opinion. Easy execution, except of his corner stuff, that will take some practice, good at zoning, Superman is just good.
3) Deathstroke. Strong zoner, good wake ups, easy 50/50, his combo execution can be a little hard to get the timing (3,2,3~F2,3) but once you got that down, its smooth sailing to his higher damaging combos.