What's new

"Ease of Use" settings now added to Kameo Fighter selection

Scott Naylor

Comments

Considering how feature and content barren release MK1 was (and still is, tbh), this seems like future planning to onboard people who were convinced to not pick up the game at launch for when the inevitable MK1 Komplete/Ultimate/Gold/&Knuckles edition drops.

We've beaten to death just how massive the portion of NRS's appeal is just casuals. If QoL resources are going to get deployed, it's not shocking they'll at least consider them in some way lol

Apparently there was a lot of complaints from people who think kameos are too difficult.

And yeah not sure that there's a bunch of stuff for the UI people to be doing anyhow

Who is this actually for? This feature would make at least some sense if it was available on launch. But at this point, it’s not like there’s a lot of new casuals (or new players in general) just now getting into the game where this would be at all beneficial.
They're literally rolling out more singleplayer content. The best time to do this was launch, but now does make sense as I'd bet money they're going to see a huge influx of returning and new players for that alone.

They're literally rolling out more singleplayer content. The best time to do this was launch, but now does make sense as I'd bet money they're going to see a huge influx of returning and new players for that alone.
I very seriously doubt there’s going to be a huge influx of new players. And I don’t even think there’s going to be a huge influx of returning players, especially not ones that are eager to pay $50 for more of the abysmal story mode.

I very seriously doubt there’s going to be a huge influx of new players. And I don’t even think there’s going to be a huge influx of returning players, especially not ones that are eager to pay $50 for more of the abysmal story mode.
Have you never looked at the sales/steam achievements for any fighting game? Multiplayer and vs is by far the minority of FG sales. Single player always does better.

48% of players have done half of story mode.
43% have 100% story mode.
36% have completed the basic tutorial
16% have played 5+ kombat league sets.

And bluntly, yes the company who's been making top selling fighting games for several years now is likely correct in their market assessment that people will pay $50 for more singleplayer content.

They do a LOT of shit that annoys me, but I respect that some of it is because it fucking works, and you don't get hyper sized budgets pumping out failures.