What's new

Early Thoughts on The new CatWoman

Alrighty, I've had my chance to play the game for a little bit and have used the Kitty Cat extensively in the process.

*Disclaimer: Please keep in mind that this is all pre 1st day stuff and that anything can change after the first day if there's a patch.*

The more things change, the more they stay the same. That's the best way I can describe the situation that CW is in in Injustice 2 currently.

Changes
- Her new walkspeed and movement.....WOW! it's a difference maker in a ton of ways for her. She's going to stay in a lot of matchups just because of that alone.
- The DP that replaces the Cat Claws takes away her D1 special pressure that she had in part 1. However, the DP is Neutral on block if Meter burned and is a completely invincible wake up attack. The meter burn window right now is pretty tight though so I don't recommend banking on it in the early going.
- F1 is a 16f mid that's 0 on block instead of +2.
- The old B2 is now her F3 and her new B2 is now the 2nd hit of the old B23 string from Part 1. Both options are actually very good and core moves in her arsenal. B2 is a 12f mid that's neutral on block and has to either be hit confirmed into the straight whip or the cat dash. The string, B231 is VERY unsafe on block and shouldn't be attempted unless you have the hit. B2 is a VERY good anti air as well!
- Her Cat Stance Cartwheel is neutral on block now instead of +2 and has a ton of pushback.
- D2 is now 9 frames (12f in Part 1)
- Whip Trip is MUCH safer and faster than before. I didn't have time to check it's frames but she's a lot faster to come out of recovery on whiff and block now.
- Cat Dash has to be meter burned now for a combo.
- Trait is a very beefy wake up and Combo option from a D1. All frames after the first, second and third stages of the maneuver are independent of one another. Stages 1 and 3 (3-5 scratches) are safe while stage 2 is punishable.
- the new throw leaves her in prime position to attempt a cross up, continue pressure, throw again, or bait a reversal.

Retentions
- Jump 2 is back and is as good as ever.
- B12d3 is back and is her go to mixup tool along with 1F2.
- 333, 33b2, and 33 (Plus 1 on block) all return and are great ways to stagger things with the opponent
- Cat Stance is back and returns all 3 options. The Pounce is safer as is the up whip options. The stance can be cancelled by dashing forwards or backwards or simply pressing up to return to a neutral state. It's unknown if there's frame traps off of the neutral cancel.
- 2D3 is back and is still +3 on block.
- B3 is back and now leaves the opponent much further back on block than before.
- She still hits like a train for either one or 2 bars.

Basically, she's got to play a much different game than she did in part 1 since mix ups aren't as easy to come by. That said, what she does have will allow her to play a pretty potent game when she's in thanks to 1F2, 2D31, B12D3, B12U3, etc. You'll have to rely on her meterless launchers, New neutral tools, and of course the J2 to establish some offense. It's quite an adjustment but overall I believe that she will be able to be a very solid character overall.

Basically all of her old BnB's work in this game. The adjustments that need to be made are that the cat dash has to be meter burned for a continuation. For Example

2D12, J1 or J2, 112, Cat Dash MB, Whip Trip
2D12, J1 or J2, 112, Cat Dash MB, B12, Trait
112, Cat Dash MB, B3, J2, 1F2
Ic, I've never played her but I am intrested in playing her as a pocket character and I had no idea how her bnbs worked

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
I don't know how she's going to do but I was not amazed by the upgraded CatWoman. I think her pressure will be alright and she loses a good overhead with the F1 being a mid and she also loses d1 CatClaws as a safe poke launcher which were her pretty big tools in Injustice 1 and loses a large majority of her meterless combos to my understanding.

I guess it depends on how fast her F3 is and if it can be consistently reacted to, if so she'll lose a decent amount of mixup potential. But this is just off of gameplay videos I haven't gotten the chance to lab of course.

Jaiyson

100% Jamaican
Man I was dying for some info about Catwoman. Thank you. Whats the frame on catdash ? 2 hits of armor still? So her DP is neutral on block.. d1 DP can be a thing?

Her Cat Dash starts up in 16 frames and the meter burned version does have armor. IDK how many hits since I haven't tested it that much. And there's no debating the negative frames of this move on block. If either version is blocked, RIP.

D1 into the DP is possible but it's a gamble since the meter burned version is tricky and inconsistent at times to get out on block. Since it's 0 on block, it could be a go to tactic if you have the meter to spare, but overall it's still risky.

Basically all of her old BnB's work in this game. The adjustments that need to be made are that the cat dash has to be meter burned for a continuation. For Example

2D12, J1 or J2, 112, Cat Dash MB, Whip Trip
2D12, J1 or J2, 112, Cat Dash MB, B12, Trait
112, Cat Dash MB, B3, J2, 1F2
since her F3 is different can you still do those combos but with the B2?

HanSolo

Noob
This is the character I'm most interested in so I started labbing her yesterday after finishing story but I don't know if she's my play style. I didn't play I1 so I'm way behind on base knowledge but I appreciate this info and any extra info you can provide. the combo thread could use some help so let's collectively improve it, nudge nudge :DOGE

Hey guys i think i found some cool tech with robbin in the corner. If you end your combo high in the air with DB2 and then as soon as possible start F2D1 the low of the string will cross up. Also found out that you can combo off the ex birdarang in the corner like tekadas kunai.

SmokeMaster

I got no time for whining!!!
I'm sure something is wrong when executing her 1,1 combo. It feels as if it has to be inputted much faster then normal 1,1 combos. Yet when blocked it doesn't have to be executed as fast.

Last edited:

gibster13

A fan of fans
I'm loving catwoman but...

I do starter-mbbf2 b3 j3 112xxDf1 and sometimes the whip whiffs and it seems inconsistent.

I see little point with b2 thus far. I appreciate it's speed but I don't see why one would not use f1? I guess it's dependent on their whiff.

I'm finding it hard to open people up as well

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215

I do starter-mbbf2 b3 j3 112xxDf1 and sometimes the whip whiffs and it seems inconsistent.

I see little point with b2 thus far. I appreciate it's speed but I don't see why one would not use f1? I guess it's dependent on their whiff.

I'm finding it hard to open up. I throw in a mb b3 after b12 sometimes but I don't always wanna use that meter. Everyone always just blocks low lol

Good example of B2 bullying in the corner... great range. F1 is good too but I think B2 has a little bit more deception to it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/WealthyAthleticGullTheThing

And if that wasn't enough this should be.....

There's something else but I'll PM you that one just cause I don't want people learning how to defend Catwoman stuff. I saw it on someone's stream and clipped it.

Last edited:

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Good example of B2 bullying in the corner... great range. F1 is good too but I think B2 has a little bit more deception to it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/WealthyAthleticGullTheThing

And if that wasn't enough this should be.....

There's something else but I'll PM you that one just cause I don't want people learning how to defend Catwoman stuff. I saw it on someone's stream and clipped it.
I'd like in on this too lol

protools27

Rebel without a scene

Her back 2 is awesome in the corner, it's quickness and safety let you check people and it generally leaves you out of range for a counter hit. B2 also seems to have some potential as an anti air, but I haven't tested it out as much as I would like.

Unless the combo I'm doing doesn't have a long juggle, I do j2 instead of j3 to make the whip at the end of the combo more consistent.