What's new

E-SPORTS Coming to the X Games this June!

I'm not confident that MLG's preference to shooters purely on the basis of how new and popular they are is a harmless vice.

Here's a list of gameplay elements they had to ban just to make the game playable at a competitive level as I found on their website:
  • Banned Weapons
    • FAL OSW
    • All Launchers
    • Assault Shield
    • Peacekeeper
    • KAP-40
  • Banned Lethals
    • C4
    • Claymore
    • Bouncing Betty
  • Banned Tacticals
    • Sensor Grenade
    • Trophy System
    • Shock Charge
    • Tactical Insertion
  • Banned Attachments
    • MMS
    • Target Finder
    • Launcher
    • Select Fire (For FAL and SMR only)
    • Thermal (For LMGs only)
  • Banned Perks
    • Flak Jacket
    • Tactical Mask
    • Ghost
    • Awareness
  • Banned WildCards
    • Overkill
    • Danger Close
For Counter Strike Global Offensive, there's generally just a few set of commonly agreed rules, and a set of maps agreed to be the best for competitive play. The game is designed first and foremost around being a competitive game, and it wasn't weighed down by all the elements CoD added, that actually just removed the importance and depth of the meta-game. With CoD games, they constantly have to retrofit it- stripping out things the game relies on to be entertaining in order to be competitive. Whereas with shooters that are made to be competitive, they don't need to strip out the entertaining elements for the sake of competition- as it was designed from the top down to be most fun and tactically deep when played competitively.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm not confident that MLG's preference to shooters purely on the basis of how new and popular they are is a harmless vice.

Here's a list of gameplay elements they had to ban just to make the game playable at a competitive level as I found on their website:
  • Banned Weapons
    • FAL OSW
    • All Launchers
    • Assault Shield
    • Peacekeeper
    • KAP-40
  • Banned Lethals
    • C4
    • Claymore
    • Bouncing Betty
  • Banned Tacticals
    • Sensor Grenade
    • Trophy System
    • Shock Charge
    • Tactical Insertion
  • Banned Attachments
    • MMS
    • Target Finder
    • Launcher
  • Banned Perks
    • Flak Jacket
    • Tactical Mask
    • Ghost
    • Awareness
  • Banned WildCards
    • Overkill
    • Danger Close
For Counter Strike Global Offensive, there's generally just a few set of commonly agreed rules, and a set of maps agreed to be the best for competitive play. The game is designed first and foremost around being a competitive game, and it wasn't weighed down by all the elements CoD added, that actually just removed the importance and depth of the meta-game. With CoD games, they constantly have to retrofit it- stripping out things the game relies on to be entertaining in order to be competitive. Whereas with shooters that are made to be competitive, they don't need to strip out the entertaining elements for the sake of competition- as it was designed from the top down to be most fun and tactically deep when played competitively.
Lol, this is fucked up.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
if they did this like 10 years ago it sure as hell would have. It remains to be seen if it will now though, I'll certainly watch and support it regardless though
Yeah I think it will be really cool to watch and see what they do with it/how they treat it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I honestly don't think CoD is casually appealing to watch. One of the problems that IMO plagues MOBAs also plagues CoD, and that is the amount of scattering of players. You have to constantly switch cameras to get everything, and often you miss out anyway. Also I don't find FGs too frantic to keep up with commentary-wise...just there is too many attempts to go so far in depth with the action. Which is why so many FG commentators scramble to keep up.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

• Banned Weapons
    • FAL OSW
    • All Launchers
    • Assault Shield
    • Peacekeeper
    • KAP-40
  • Banned Lethals
    • C4
    • Claymore
    • Bouncing Betty
  • Banned Tacticals
    • Sensor Grenade
    • Trophy System
    • Shock Charge
    • Tactical Insertion
  • Banned Attachments
    • MMS
    • Target Finder
    • Launcher
  • Banned Perks
    • Flak Jacket
    • Tactical Mask
    • Ghost
    • Awareness
  • Banned WildCards
    • Overkill
    • Danger Close
CoD is so garbage. I miss the Halo 3/CoD4 days of MLG.

Urtog

Noob
The gold medal match is starting, it's streaming on the mlg website. I haven't seen any tv coverage not sure if it's going to be shown on tv.

Last edited: